Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Boys' 8th Grade State Tournament
burg Wrote:The Final Eight

Madison vs Lincoln

Clay vs. Knox

Sebastian vs Eversole

Scott Vs. South Laurel

I guess I can proudly say that at least we were beat by 2 mountain teams--Sebastian and Hazard. Nice draw, huh--especially after drawing the champion (Crosby) in the first game last year. Good luck to all teams, and hopefully one of the mountain teams can bring home the title. I'd like to say good luck to Hazard and Coach Mobelini.
Final 8

Madison 54 vs Lincoln 52 OT

Knox 57 vs Clay 46

Eversole 49 vs Sebastian 38

South Laurel 37 vs Scott 36

Final four

Madison 52 vs Knox 40

South Laurel 65 vs Eversole 62 4OT

Finals
Madison 49 vs South Laurel 40
Congrats Madison!
proud of our mountain teams. the sms team is the best in my book!!!!!!
good job bobcats!!!!
Good run Hazard. Came up a little short, but you played a great tournament.
South lost to Madison Central by 9 in the championship, after a tough quadruple overtime semi-final game against R.G Eversole.
Today was another great tournament for middle school basketball, there is alot of good ball players to look forward to which in high school. It looks like South Laurel is loading up again with the 6th grade runner up and the 7th grade an elite eight and the 8th grade runner up. This school has represented is self very well this year. The Madison boys were a very fun bunch to watch and are very well deserved of there state title. The mountain schools represented there selfs very well this year. Congradulation to all them teams and thanks for basketball at its best. :Thumbs:
i liked south laurel from the get go and was the best mountain team but congrats madison i suppose u have the right to call yourselves the best in the state
Nastoy40 Wrote:proud of our mountain teams. the sms team is the best in my book!!!!!!
good job bobcats!!!!

They may be but it looked like they lost in the elite 8
Congrats to Madison!! I personally wish KBA would have more professionl people at the scorers table, the official score keepers don't always pay attention at the games. Just from personal experience the last few years, there have been questions pertaining to fouls and scores.
I would just like to make note of how proud I am that Paris Middle School made it to state this year. This doesn't happen for us very often because we are such a small school and basketball team. They won on Friday night and though they lost in the first round of play on Saturday I am very proud of their performance. Go Greyhounds!
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:Congrats to Madison!! I personally wish KBA would have more professionl people at the scorers table, the official score keepers don't always pay attention at the games. Just from personal experience the last few years, there have been questions pertaining to fouls and scores.

I agree, this was bad when I was taking teams there 10 years ago.
Good run for the bobcats. You represented Breathitt County and Sebastian Middle School with class. You played hard, just ran out of steam. We love you and are proud of you. Actually proud of all of our mountain teams. The boys play hard against each other and then remain friends in the end. Time to hit the weight room. Always remember WE LOVE OUR BOBCATS!!!
its a shame A.B. Combs lost. I love their team to death. u should of seen the county championship game between them and R.W. It went in overtime and we won by 4
A.B. Combs is a great team and very well coached
Good Job Madison!

Very talented group of young men!