Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi State-66 vs Kentucky-57
kyrifle Wrote:Not only your jealousy but you lack of knowledge about Uk's basketball program is showing. Coach Rupp did in fact recruit black players. Wesley Unseld, Butch Beard, Mike Redd and Jim McDaniel were recruited very hard by Rupp and Lancaster. They happen to choose another school because they would have been the first black player to ever play at UK. Coach Rupp always wanted a kid that could play, no matter what color skin, and these guys could really play. Rupp would never settle for the run of the mill player like so many coaches today end up with. So dont try playing the RACE card here.
Last time I checked 7 national NCAA titles are second to only UCLA's 11 I believe. The 66 team that lost to Texas Western just got beat ba a more talented team, no shame in that. Do some research before you start running off at the fingers.

UTEP have alot more on that game then UK did. Back then they say that a black kids is not basketball smart, and that there is no way that 5 black kids can beat 5 white kids. If Rupp could win without black kids, do you really think someone like Rupp would have a black kid on his team. Until you do the research don't run your mouth on something that you don't know. The paper i wrote about Rupp in college, i know what i am talking about. His wife and close friends, will tell you the same thing. After that 66 title game, he know that basketball will changes.....
Stardust Wrote:I assume you are saying the UK was a losing program under Tubby?

Since 99 when pitinos boys left yeah finnaly you understand!!!Big Grin
Stardust Wrote::Thumbs:

Amen louisville wins syracuse and SUCKYTTUCKY doesnt. Oh wait kentucky did and then tuby arrived and well you know the rest
Kyboy13 Wrote:Kentucky's resume speaks for itself UNC will pass us up but do you honestly think they'll never have another strech of bad seasons? Once Willams leave it'll be the 90's all over again. I won't even respond to Duke being one of the best programs in history. Present maybe, alltime? NO WAY! And Coach K can't be there forever either......

See you all look for the future not he past for other teams but the only thing good you can find abot kentucky is the past so you talk about itBig Grin
zulu Wrote:It's so sad to set and watch a player like Porter wear the KY uniform. I turned the channel last night after watching the defense set back and beg him to shoot. That's rediculous! Keep Porter on the bench. If he can't shoot the basketball and at least make 1 out of 3 shoots he doesn't deserve to play because he does nothing else on the floor. He plays like a scared high school player. If Billy G can't see that he doesnt' deserve to coach at UK.

Landon Slone plays really hard, but he just can't play well enough defensively to play in the SEC. Billy G has got to play Liggins and Calloway if he wants to win some games. Keep Porter on the very end of the bench. He's horrible!

I agree shoot the ball proter shoot it. But liggens now he shoots stupid shots typical for a freshman but still shouldnt be doing that
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Our coach is fine!!! Everyone talks about Pitino and coach k, but Pitino has zero championships with Louisville and coach k has 2 with Duke but none as of recent. BCG and the Cats will be fine, so worry about your own coach and team because your opinion here don't make a difference. Especially since Pitino has had 10 seasons at Louisville and still no title. Confusedhh:

Well Kentucky hasn't had but 1 since pitino left and think it was his boys so whats your point and duke has 2 but not recent well kentucky has 7 but none in the last decade
theVILLE Wrote:Well Kentucky hasn't had but 1 since pitino left and think it was his boys so whats your point and duke has 2 but not recent well kentucky has 7 but none in the last decade

You can have Pitino, Tubby had a better winning % all time at UK than RP.
cj2561 Wrote:UTEP have alot more on that game then UK did. Back then they say that a black kids is not basketball smart, and that there is no way that 5 black kids can beat 5 white kids. If Rupp could win without black kids, do you really think someone like Rupp would have a black kid on his team. Until you do the research don't run your mouth on something that you don't know. The paper i wrote about Rupp in college, i know what i am talking about. His wife and close friends, will tell you the same thing. After that 66 title game, he know that basketball will changes.....

I've not said one thing that you can't look up that isn't true. If you wrote a paper on coach Rupp you probably got a failing grade on it. I think you know very little about this subject. If you don't think Rupp recruited black players before the 66 game your research really is lacking a lot of facts.
theVILLE Wrote:Well Kentucky hasn't had but 1 since pitino left and think it was his boys so whats your point and duke has 2 but not recent well kentucky has 7 but none in the last decade

When was the last time Loserville had a championship banner hung in Cheatem Hall.
More than 10 years I believe, my fault more than 20 years. So what's your point.
UK has a great past, the present is strugling but the future is very bright and always
will be no matter who the coach is. Unlike Loservill who has a coach that chokes
when the game is on the line. ( 1997 NCAA finals, all he has to do is put D. Anderson
on the floor to just stand at the 3 point line and Pitino wins 2 in a row.) .
HE CHOCKED Didn't care for his coaching style when he was at UK and still don't
care if he ever wins another game. Glad he's at Loserville.
kyrifle Wrote:I've not said one thing that you can't look up that isn't true. If you wrote a paper on coach Rupp you probably got a failing grade on it. I think you know very little about this subject. If you don't think Rupp recruited black players before the 66 game your research really is lacking a lot of facts.

Nice reply and all accurate. There was a lot of misleading information that was posed in the Movie, and it sounds like some is taking Hollywood to equal reality....
Stardust Wrote:That's exactly the point that I have been trying to make. UK does not have another player that can score. They do not yet have the talent that is ready to perform at a D-1 level. I think Liggins, Galloway & Miller can be those guys, but because this team has so little talent, we have to rely on them to do it Now, and let's face it, they are NOT ready!

Good point agree 100%
theVILLE Wrote:Good point agree 100%

Why are saying good point?? In a high school thread you made the comment that the Justice kid is ready to save KY. Now that's funny!!!:lmao: