Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of BGR
Since I am new to the site, I would like to find out how long it has been around?, who owns it(I think TorQQue)?, what gave them the idea?, and any other history anyone would want to share.
The site was started in Jan of 05. Yes QQ is the founder and owner and it was started because he wanted to have a free place to talk about sports that was a bit more leinient than some of the other sites out there.
And how we all thank Torqque for all that he does for us sports followers! THANKS QQ!
Yes, QQ! How much I want to thank you for creating this great place to talk Kentucky HS, college and professional sports!!
Very big thanks go out to QQ.
Yes, thank you QQ as well as the rest of the staff who supports this site:Thumbs:
Thanks for the info. How did the admins like MIDEE1 get their roles?
allseasonfan Wrote:Thanks for the info. How did the admins like MIDEE1 get their roles?

They begged TorQQue!
I would say that Mods and Admins alike got their roles through being some of the first registered members' on the site itself. Aside from just being first I would assume they would have to be contributors, through good posts and such. Wink
allseasonfan Wrote:Thanks for the info. How did the admins like MIDEE1 get their roles?

As jshort stated below. I have been with the site since the fall of 05. I have also met QQ and his family several times.

Jshort5 Wrote:I would say that Mods and Admins alike got their roles through being some of the first registered members' on the site itself. Aside from just being first I would assume they would have to be contributors, through good posts and such. Wink

You a wise young one there short.
hey pick me.. i was there at the beginning.. and boy oh do i have stories lol
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I heard the admins paid off QQ.
Nothing like BGR...thanks QQ
QQ, is gonna be black and blue tommorrow evening... hopefully he will read these messages tonight....Big Grin
Ya, we're going to try an shoot him tomorrow! several times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q, the Cowboys really appreciate that you created a place for us to talk about how we destoy those yella bellys weekly. And yes after tomorrow we will be talking about how you and X were part of that yella belly team that got destoyed. A big thanks Q.
thanks to all the founders.:notworthy
Yep. Most of the staff got on because we were the first around here.

Personally, I got a message from QQ on another site that said he was starting BGR and to go join. Well I did, and shortly thereafter, that "other" site banned me for joining this one.

What a load of crap. But that's why BGR is better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who needs that 'other" site.
i too used to be on the other site, ceetain people on there seem to be a little full of themselves
I think I was actually the 2nd or 3rd person to join this site. And I spammed the other site with JOIN BGR ITS BETTER, needles to say I got banned..:letsparty
That poor other site and how they block forums from non members most of the time.
Years from now they will have to open up a Rehab for BGR for all of us..lol
Basketballer Wrote:I think I was actually the 2nd or 3rd person to join this site. And I spammed the other site with JOIN BGR ITS BETTER, needles to say I got banned..:letsparty

You're user # 12.......:Thumbs:
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yep. Most of the staff got on because we were the first around here.

Personally, I got a message from QQ on another site that said he was starting BGR and to go join. Well I did, and shortly thereafter, that "other" site banned me for joining this one.

What a load of crap. But that's why BGR is better.

We will make the other site rue that this one is in existence. I love it, we are gaining a new "active" member a day it seems.

CE or one of the other Staff members, could you maybe fill us in, but it sure seems like in the last month, we have gained a tremendous amount of new members. True???
OK, how many of us have been banned from the other site????

:igiveup: ME
Stardust Wrote:OK, how many of us have been banned from the other site????

:igiveup: ME

Me too.
I was....haha
Stardust Wrote:We will make the other site rue that this one is in existence. I love it, we are gaining a new "active" member a day it seems.

CE or one of the other Staff members, could you maybe fill us in, but it sure seems like in the last month, we have gained a tremendous amount of new members. True???

Not sure on the numbers, but the site has grown in numbers, as we typically do see an increase during football and basketball season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks QQ!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!