Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
59th District Tournament Format?
Does anyone know the format of the 59th District Tournament and the 15th Region Tournament?
Anybody?
Yea, but it is to hard to explain, I will try to scan it and post. It is still hard to understand even looking at it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Others on here have posted what they understand to be the format. Whether it is true or not, I don't know, but here is what has been posted:

Each old district will seed 1-3, with the two #1 seeds getting a bye to the semifinals. The 60th #2 will face the 59th #3 in the first round, with the winner advancing to face the 59th #1. The other first round matchup will be the 59th #2 against the 60th #3, with that winner advancing to face the 60th #1. Then the two semifinal winners would play for the title.

This seems pretty straightforward as far as how the tourney will play out. I also understand that four teams will move on to the regional, which I assume would be the four semifinalists. Beyond that, I don't know how the teams will be allocated into the regional, or how the regional will play out. It all seems a little goofy to me, but that's another argument for a different thread...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]