Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clearwater Beach
Has anyone been to this beach recently and do you have any suggestions on where to stay? My fiance and I are going down for Spring Break for 5 nights and we found a nice motel for $49 a night. But it is 25 minutes away from the actual beach and right beside and airport. I want something pretty cheap and close to the beach. I travel to Florida every year, but have never been to this beach. I'm very excited! Thanks everyone
Been there, but haven't been recently. I don't know where you could get something that cheap at the beach! Have fun though!
It's been 25 years, I'm sure I couldn't add much info
Been there the past 2 summers with the family. Last year we stayed at Madiera Beach which is about 15-20 miles south of Clearwater but you can drive in just a few minutes to Clearwater & your still on the beach. Search sunhostresorts.com on yahoo they have 5 or 6 different properties to stay at. Year before we we stayed at the Palm Pavillion Inn at Clearwater. The room was just an average room you know nothing fancy but it was a clean place to stay. They also have some apartment type cottages to stay in also, the rooms don't have balconies but you can see the ocean from you room if you stay on the top floor. The hotel is only 3 floors high & doesn't have an elevator. They do have a place on the roof that guests can go on it has a nice view & lounge chairs & tables up there. There is also a restaurant right there on the beach in front of the hotel they had live music & pretty good food. [Image: https://www.arrivares.com/admin/Property...s/5289.jpg]You can see in this picture the restaurant is in the front on the beach & the hotel is the white building behind it. palmpavillion.com is their website, hope this helps.
I'll look into those. Thanks so much!
Any other recommended beaches? Other than Cocoa or Daytona?
The best beach I have been to. My family and I have gone there for the past three years and loved it. We are going to Topsail in North Carolina this year. Anyways, the best restaurant down there by far is... CRABBY BILL'S remember the name, it is the best seafood you will ever have.
We went to Clearwater a couple years ago. We rented a house since we had around 8 people going. If you go, you should eat at Shells. It was great!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cocoa is horrible since you mentioned it.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Cocoa is horrible since you mentioned it.

I agree. I love Ron Jons, but the actual beach isn't so great. And I was never a big fan of Daytona (love to parasail there tho).
We went there twice in college for Sping Break (2003 and 2004). we had a really good time. We stayed on the beach in Clearwater at the Howard Johnson one year, and in Medira Beach at the Holliday Inn the other.

Clearwater Beach is especially nice because they import the white sand in there and you have a bunch of restaraunts and shops that line the street along the beach.

Things I strongly reccomend ding while you are there:
-Ybor City- Especially fun if you are of age, it is the nightlife hot spot of Tampa Bay.
- Salvidor Dali Museum
- If your spring Break coincides with Sprig Training, you can go see where the New York Yankees train.
- John's Pass at Pleasure Island (between Medeira and St. Pete Beach) it is a pavillion over an inlet, if you go there to eat at evening it is a great place to see the sunset and dolphins frequent it.
Thank you! Any other tips or recommendations?
Anyone been in March?
I'm leaving tonight and I am SO excited. I will be gone for the next 7 days!! (taking my laptop with me though..free WiFi at the beach and motel)
Have fun! and who doesn't love wi-fi? haha
Hey guys! Just an update from the beach. Here's a pic of the Pier. I have plenty more photos if ya want to see them. Its paradise here!!:relaxing:
the picture is awesome... sounds like you're having fun! lol
The beach lives up to its name....
I was there in 03 when a girl died from a shark attack...nice beach though.
Probably my favorite beach on the east coast. And the preatest sunset you will ever see!