Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark chances to win state in wrestling in 06
Sheldon Clark has great wrestlers coming back and alot who coudl win state so how does everyone feel sheldon clark will do this year in wrestling.
I think they'll do fine. They are in the top ten as usual and could make a run at state.
Definetly make a run at state. They returm almost their entire lineup. Most placed high in state last year
Good luck
they always have a good shot look out for the cards too make a run
They will win state with a great line up
always a geat squad at sc but look for johnson central to start picking it up a little now that they have matney over there i know he isn't the head coach but he will have an impact even if he just shows up to practice once a week
or at least i dont think he is the coach
Like a great man once told me "Matney might be able to help their football team, but God couldn't help their wrestling team." They just don't got the althetes to be good.
"Sheldon_Clark_Fan" Wrote:Like a great man once told me "Matney might be able to help their football team, but God couldn't help their wrestling team." They just don't got the althetes to be good.
so you are tellin me that sc a school of about 500 has more athletes than jc a school of roughly a thousand??? no way besides being an athlete has very little to do with wrestling yeah sure you have to have indurance but pure grit and toughness has more to do with it than being an athlete if matney were the head coach state title in 3 years .......where do you get hat jc doesn't have the athletes?? give me a break
"Sheldon_Clark_Fan" Wrote:Like a great man once told me "Matney might be able to help their football team, but God couldn't help their wrestling team." They just don't got the althetes to be good.
"I was the greatest" Wrote:so you are tellin me that sc a school of about 500 has more athletes than jc a school of roughly a thousand??? no way besides being an athlete has very little to do with wrestling yeah sure you have to have indurance but pure grit and toughness has more to do with it than being an athlete if matney were the head coach state title in 3 years .......where do you get hat jc doesn't have the athletes?? give me a break

Sheldon Clark had a taste of a state championship and they want more. They got more heart. Matney won't help them for a couple years.
did sc win state last year how close did they come?
No not last year. They was 14th but 2003 and 2004 they was state champs
yeah i was at sc in 03
yes a great chance
"I was the greatest" Wrote:did sc win state last year how close did they come?
No they didn't but this year will be different. In case you have been out of the contry. Inez Middle School won state! On that team was Ryan Kelly, Matt Slone, Tyler Grimm, Jarad Waller, Steven Marcum, JJ Jude who all placed at state! With the exception of Tyler Grimm & JJ Jude who moved to Johnson County, and Matt Slone who is still in 8th they all will join the ranks of SCHS wrestling team!
:wieghts:
jj jude??? who is he????
i think they have a great chance to win state this year....howard was hurt in the magoffin game but still has a great chance of winning state and john wells was a great chance of winning state and then they have ryan kelly who won state in middle school so yea they have a good chance
Yes sheldon clark has really good chance at winning state this year..So good luck cards....
they have a good line up howard who placed 2nd last year and eric music should be alright this year jon wells has a good chance...donald moore i think might be wreslting he dont have alot of experince but he has the strenth...ryan kellie won staste 2 years in middle school so he has a good chance of winnin...so i think they will do really good this year
Good Luck
No chance IMO.. Matney was a huge part in sheldon clarks success, not trying to put down the present coaching staff or anything.. Matney is an awesome coach, and he was the foundation of sheldon clark wrestling, and w/o that foundation there wont be nearly as many state champions and sheldon clark wont bring back another team state championship to Inez for quite a while..
"Matt_Knee" Wrote:No chance IMO.. Matney was a huge part in sheldon clarks success, not trying to put down the present coaching staff or anything.. Matney is an awesome coach, and he was the foundation of sheldon clark wrestling, and w/o that foundation there wont be nearly as many state champions and sheldon clark wont bring back another team state championship to Inez for quite a while..

thats right without matney and him makin sc what they are today in wrestling workman wood never make a decent wrestling coach i thought that matney was the coach when workman wrestled ... i am a card fan and i hope they win state they have a great shot this year for small school state... ne body that is a card fan shouldnt dislike matney he made sc sports he is a genius
YEa sheldon clark, is doin really good lately ive been to a few of there pratices and they have been doing pretty good
yea i can wait to go to Saint Aubuns and wach them tommroow
they didnt fair too well in the duals, they only won one or two of those, but its still early in the season and they have a few spots that they need to just put bodies in. there were several individual placers though, so thats a good sign
I agree SCHS has a very good chance! Look at the Middle School program, they won state last year! see photos of this weekends meet at http://www.austinstepp.com
they have no chance IMO
SC Dominates