Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
59th(Pike County) District Tournament
Looks like the pairings for the district are set. East Ridge will play Pike Ct. and Shelby Valley most likely gets the bye unless Pikeville beats them by about 30. Belfry will play Pikeville unless as already said. Phelps gets the bye...
I can see why they are doing this. I believe the KHSAA is trying to come up with a way to have district and regions with all the consolidations that are happening and will happen in the future. The part that really bothers me about the layout they are using is that it is possible to lose two games in the district tournament and still make it to the 15th region tournament. Somehow that just doesnt seem right to me.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I can see why they are doing this. I believe the KHSAA is trying to come up with a way to have district and regions with all the consolidations that are happening and will happen in the future. The part that really bothers me about the layout they are using is that it is possible to lose two games in the district tournament and still make it to the 15th region tournament. Somehow that just doesnt seem right to me.

I guess not, so many things decided do not seem fair. I wish somehow someday that the kids would be the reason for the way the decisions are made. Its done and I would have to say this time it was done the way they said they would when the season started...
Where's district being held at ?
It is my understanding it is at Pike Ct.
I thought it was in the Expo center.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BlueSky Wrote:It is my understanding it is at Pike Ct.

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I thought it was in the Expo center.

According to a pocket schedule for each of Valley's boys and girls basketball teams, the boys' district is held at Pike Central. The girls is being held at East Ridge.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley will have the bye...I mean is there really any concern?
Pikeville is showing improvment
So how many teams come out of the 59th and go to the 15th?
Four teams will go to the region from the 59th. So if SV gets the one seed over Pikeville them and Phelps are in. Then the winner of the two opening round games would be in. They would be seeded 1 through 4. It is kind of crazy.
Real Badman Wrote:So how many teams come out of the 59th and go to the 15th?
The way I read the brackets, it could be all three or just 1....
3 teams are guaranteed a spot in the 15th Region tourney.

A 4th would have to win a "play-in" game.
Is it possible and very likely, that the 59th gets all 3 teams into the regional tournament and the 60th only gets 1 team in?
Who knows who could be playing at the region? Pike Central is going to be playing at home, so they could have a great chance of beating whoever they play. So it may be 2 59th and 2 60th!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
IMO theres no reason to combine the two Districts. Even though Pikeville and PC should be the same District, each has 3 teams and its fine that way.

So how many wins does it take for a ticket to Region?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I thought it was in the Expo center.
District is at PCC & Region is at the Expo Center
trufan Wrote:Is it possible and very likely, that the 59th gets all 3 teams into the regional tournament and the 60th only gets 1 team in?

A few days ago, I would have agreed with you. But now, I'm not so sure.

SV should have the bye, and Pikeville will be heavily favored in its first-round matchup with Belfry. But East Ridge will have to play a suddenly resurgent Pike Central team that is not only playing its best basketball of the season, but will also be playing on its home court. ER may end up on the outside looking in when it is all over.

Either way, that ER-PC game will be very interesting!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does anyone know the dates for this tournament?
The Installer Wrote:Does anyone know the dates for this tournament?
Boys dates are Monday Feb 23rd, Wednesday Feb 25th, and Friday Feb 27th

Girls 59th days are Sunday the 22, Tuesday, and Thursday
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Boys dates are Monday Feb 23rd, Wednesday Feb 25th, and Friday Feb 27th

Girls 59th days are Sunday the 22, Tuesday, and Thursday

They're playing district tournament games on a Sunday???

Don't think I've ever seen that before. Why aren't they playing on the following Saturday instead?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:They're playing district tournament games on a Sunday???

Don't think I've ever seen that before. Why aren't they playing on the following Saturday instead?

Because teams have their final reualr season games Friday night. This change happened due to PC vs ER as well as Pikevillevs Belfry boys and girls playing each other in the same night at different gyms. It would have split the crowds between boys and girls.
Salimander Wrote:Because teams have their final reualr season games Friday night. This change happened due to PC vs ER as well as Pikevillevs Belfry boys and girls playing each other in the same night at different gyms. It would have split the crowds between boys and girls.

What does that have to do with it? If anything, my suggestion would give the players more rest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:What does that have to do with it? If anything, my suggestion would give the players more rest.
The dates have to do with "play-in" games between district and the region
So, Valley with the bye,does this mean that they will play wed? If so what time?