Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with Internet
Ok guys I need help..... I recently took on a job for working on a doctor's computer. Well the problem is they keep getting a page cannot be displayed error. Tried new cable, it's pulling an ip address can ping the DNS servers, tried static IP address switching ports in the switch, tried flushing the dns, then finally i used a fix that repairs all of the registry keys in XP and got it working with norton's disabled but then this morning it's back off again. Could Norton's be the cause of this problem? Any suggestions are welcome.:wtf1:
Is it Norton System Works? If so, that is junk. I had problems with it on a computer I worked on. I just had to uninstall/disable everything but the antivirus.

Also, have you gone the spyware route? In IE, you might try going to Tools > Internet Options > Programs > then click on the Reset Web Settings button.
Yes i have went the spyware route... that was one of the first things that I did. I am going to try disabling the norton's crap monday and see how that works out.
download avg it is a lot better than norton just make sure you check for updates ever day. it is a lot better than norton
"stud_ky_02" Wrote:Yes i have went the spyware route... that was one of the first things that I did. I am going to try disabling the norton's crap monday and see how that works out.

Let us know how it goes.
AH HA as suspected the stupid stupid Symantec security crap center was shutting all traffic down stupid stupid stupid symantec
I ran into a problem at work one day with a similar problem. I was trying to install wireless networking that connected to the corporate LAN. I could get the user connected and authenticated, but nothing would work. I was pulling my hair out. Turns out there was some VPN software I had installed that they needed was messing with things. It had its own firewall. Even though the VPN connected itself wasn't activatd, and the program wasn't even running, it decided it wanted its own firewall to mess with me. I still feel like punching something over that.
haha yeh i know how you feel I hate these little issues that just bug and bug and bug but the whole norton's thing did help me out because yesterday i was in a dorm room and they had norton's internet security installed and by surprise they wasn't able to connect to anything hmmmmmmm wonder what that was.
Nortons is ALL JUNK....go to downloads.com and download avast! its free!
I would say its Norton.