Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Kenseth wins the Daytona 500.
The Race was called with 48 laps left do to rain.

Top 10
1.Kenseth
2.Harvick
3.Allmendinger
4.Bowyer
5.Sadler
6.Ragan
7.Waltrip
8.Stewart
9.Soerenson
10.Busch
congrats Matt
I wish they could have waited a little longer to see if the rain would have stopped.

Does anyone think Jr wrecked Vickers intentionally?
Congrats Matt as he showed some real emotions as to what it means to win the 500. Fox indicated Nascar said rain would have lasted atleast another hour and they could not get the track dried before 11:00pm so they called the race.

Not really sure about the wreck, just racing. The whole thing was uncalled for. I thought it looked as if Vickers came downe it an attempt to block but instead of blocking made contact with Jr's front fender and then Jr came back into him. I really think it was two drivers doing what ever it took to keep moving forward and was just a racing incident. I think all the weather talk had most every driver really pushing the issue because of the fear of a shortened race. And that caused a lot of the accidents.
I think I only picked 3 of the finishing order in the top ten to there.
Mother nature 1 everyone else zero.
Horrible ending to any race. And it would figure that NASCAR's most "blah" personality would pick up a win, leading a grand total of one lap. I absolutely cant stand Matt Kenseth. As far as my boy Carl Edwards, well, he can thank Dale Earnhardt Jr, the most bone-headed idiot on the circuit for ruining his day (he was running 3rd), as well as about four other contenders days as well. NASCARs spineless (and there are plenty of those in the sport) ones should have set his sorry *** for about five laps and let him finish 40th or whatever. Huge dissapointment. I waited three months for this crap?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Horrible ending to any race. And it would figure that NASCAR's most "blah" personality would pick up a win, leading a grand total of one lap. I absolutely cant stand Matt Kenseth. As far as my boy Carl Edwards, well, he can thank Dale Earnhardt Jr, the most bone-headed idiot on the circuit for ruining his day (he was running 3rd), as well as about four other contenders days as well. NASCARs spineless (and there are plenty of those in the sport) ones should have set his sorry *** for about five laps and let him finish 40th or whatever. Huge dissapointment. I waited three months for this crap?
Exactly, but he's Dale Eanrhardt Jr. and the top money producing figure for NASCAR so you knew they wouldn't penalize him. He is the most overhyped sports figure in all of America. I don't know what people see when they say he can drive because he nor his team are worth a ****.
I really think Nascar should have done every thing possible to finish this race. The manufacturers, shops, teams, drivers and most importantly the fans wait all winter for what even Nascar calls their biggest event and for it to end this way is really disappointing. The NFL would not let the super bowl end at at the start of the 4th quarter.

I don't think Earnhardt did any thing worse than most other drivers in the sport has done at one time or another. And I really think both drivers caused the whole stupid wreck, they were both lap cars in front of the field. Kyle Bush, Kurt Bush, Gordon, Kenseth, Johnson, Newman, Stewart, Edwards and even Mark Martin have made some stupid moves in the past and that is just racing. Kyle Bush did it today by cutting several drivers off when they got runs and he just pulled up in front of them. The booth was even talking about how his spotters could not see in that area and he was doing it on his own. That is what happens when you put 43 drivers on a track and dictate that they run in a pack at 180+.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Horrible ending to any race. And it would figure that NASCAR's most "blah" personality would pick up a win, leading a grand total of one lap. I absolutely cant stand Matt Kenseth. As far as my boy Carl Edwards, well, he can thank Dale Earnhardt Jr, the most bone-headed idiot on the circuit for ruining his day (he was running 3rd), as well as about four other contenders days as well. NASCARs spineless (and there are plenty of those in the sport) ones should have set his sorry *** for about five laps and let him finish 40th or whatever. Huge dissapointment. I waited three months for this crap?

We agree on something? I thought that that was illegal! lol...
Edwards was gonna win if he hadn't been taken about because of Jr...
Harvick was the man on the move to win the race.
Congrats Matt!

HaHa, that rhymes.
Bengal4Life Wrote:Congrats Matt!

HaHa, that rhymes.

um, no it don't.
bleedblue86 Wrote:I wish they could have waited a little longer to see if the rain would have stopped.

Hard to say that he wrecked him intetionally, but there was certainly attitude in the bump
You had to know Kenseth would win a Daytona 500 race, it was just a matter of when.
Well my 2 drivers finished 8th and 9th so thats a good day for me
Yeah but this was garbage man..seriously..lead one single lap of the Daytona 380 and get a win? Horrible decision on NASCAR's part to call the race that quick..not saying I disagree with you at all..not trying to get an argument started, but this was a crappy way for him go get a win (win*)
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You had to know Kenseth would win a Daytona 500 race, it was just a matter of when.
lol yeah its been awhile since we agreed on anything sports related..but Edwards would have definitely finished better than 18th and possibly won the race if it wasnt for the 4th best driver on Hendrix's team..
Jshort5 Wrote:We agree on something? I thought that that was illegal! lol...
Edwards was gonna win if he hadn't been taken about because of Jr...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol yeah its been awhile since we agreed on anything sports related..but Edwards would have definitely finished better than 18th and possibly won the race if it wasnt for the 4th best driver on Hendrix's team..

thats actually the truth lol :Thumbs:
Didn't watch it, Nascar just doesn't seem interesting any more, but then again, they don't even use stock cars anymore.
I think NASCAR was too quick to call the race..they could have waited a little longer IMO.....blocking is what they do at these type of races JR does it when he's in the front at the big tracks...he shouldn't get mad when someone does it to him. And he wasn't forced into the grass like he claimed in the interview. Watch the replays.
Johnny Ringo Wrote:I think NASCAR was too quick to call the race..they could have waited a little longer IMO.....blocking is what they do at these type of races JR does it when he's in the front at the big tracks...he shouldn't get mad when someone does it to him. And he wasn't forced into the grass like he claimed in the interview. Watch the replays.

Any word on the weather, did it clear up?
bleedblue86 Wrote:I wish they could have waited a little longer to see if the rain would have stopped.

he owed Vickers for Talladega 2 years ago bout time JR layed the bumper to some body.
rallo316 Wrote:he owed Vickers for Talladega 2 years ago bout time JR layed the bumper to some body.

I do agree with that. He wrecked JR and Jimmie Johnson late in that race which cost one of them the win IMO. I really dont think it was intentional but I do think that he was racing a little harder than a usual lap down situation due to the rain coming in.
Congrats Matt
I think the 500 should have been finished monday. Kenseth better thank nature for getting him the win cause i dont think it would have been the outcome if the race had been finished. To many other cars were on the move. Especially with Gordon who also had fresh tires.