Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was a family affair in more ways than one as Trinity won the Region Four wrestling
Bullitt Central High School wrestler Jeremiah Walls used his third-place finish in last year's State Meet to motivate himself in yesterday's Region Three meet at Hoops.

It seemed to work as the senior, ranked No. 3 in the 160-pound class, turned in one of the event's strongest efforts.

"I wasn't satisfied with third in State; I'm pushing myself this year," Walls said.

Southern won the team title with 224 points, placing 11 wrestlers in next week's State Meet in Frankfort. Meade County was second (211) and Fairdale third (162).

Walls pinned Lautis Weatherington of Iroquois in 58 seconds.

Walls' pin was one of many in Region Three. Southern's Chris Barnett (125), Fairdale's David Moore (130), Iroquois' Rashaun Graham (135), Valley's Kasey Autry (145), Iroquois' Alex Meads (171), Fairdale's Pat Elam (189), Meade County's Tyler Crow (215) and Holy Cross heavyweight Austin Jaggers all won by pin.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...50506/1031
good luck trinity. Does your football coach support wrestling? I know alot of football players wrestle.