Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central Track Team
What can you tell me about our track team this year? The lady that was the cross country coach is also the track coach.What is her name?
Sallie Hubbard
She is really turning around those programs.
Man I'll tell ya I neversaw those kids practicing last year. But, now they're out there everyday rain or shine or running inside......... S. Hub is doing a great job with the track team at LCC.
Just think about what will happen when we get a track field.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just think about what will happen when we get a track field.

Indeed.:Thumbs:
kyboy13 what is the word? I heard they was going to put it with the soccer field. Is that true?
cougarpride08 Wrote:kyboy13 what is the word? I heard they was going to put it with the soccer field. Is that true?

YES
are they doing to work on it during the summer or will it be the end of the year?
cougarpride08 Wrote:are they doing to work on it during the summer or will it be the end of the year?

2 YEAR'S WHAT THEY ARE SAYING :devilflam
taking way too long.
"State of the art Soccer and Track within 2 years" AC
she is waiting on the stupid vocational school. Keep dreaming! Gov Beshears will kill that for a while for budget cuts. The best thing to do is use the money for the fields.
UKisN1 Wrote:Sallie Hubbard

hubbard is the best coach and person u could ever ask for...i've ran xc for her for 2 years and track for one...and prolly will for the rest of my high skool carrer.
She has really brought these two sports a lone really quick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Can anyone tell him how the team is doing? All I saw was the three meets that is posted on the track page. Dakota Cornet is #2 ranked in the state in shot put and disc. I think he has a real good chance to win state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

he's doing great .he's throwing 42 to 47 feet on the shot and between 139 and 147 on the discus. i'd say he has a better than average shot at winning both at state. good kid to . my son started throwing this year he helped him a lot with the discus spin .he went from the mid 70's to almost 100ft in about 6 meets with him showing him the correct way to turn.He's really been helpful.
That is great to hear. How many more meets do we have left before regionals?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Did they have any more meets other than the Appalachian Meet at Clay Co? I really think we can expect great things from the girls team at Regionals. Nicole Banks should pick up several regional titles and Caitlyn Collier in shot put and disk throw. What others will shine in three weeks at regional tournament?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

It will be a battle between Letcher's girls and Leslie's Girls.. Leslie's Girls won the region last year, and haven't lost anyone.. Banks is a beast for Letcher, though.. Should be a fun day.. The region is at Leslie again this year..
Can't wait until we get a field. We should host the first year after it is built. Our track team right now is the most successful program at the school. More regional titles than any sport combined. Does anyone know if we are going to start a middle school track program?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Congrats to the Lady Cougars on placing 1st in the Mountain Invitational at Johnson Central and congrats to Boys team for placing third.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Letcher girls are very good in the relays,plus the long distance.The girl from Cordia was impressive in the 100 meters.
The girls from Codia are class A right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!