Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This site...
This site changes more times than i change my underwear!
Honestly it seems like everytime i get on here its different!
Not that its a bad thing just thought I would point that out
haha It does change quite a bit. But I think every change QQ and the rest of the members make to the site it just making it better and better. I love the new BGR Headline News topics.
I think so too guys but I agree, I like it as well.
Only shows that QQ is spending more and more time trying to make everyone happen and improve BGR for all of us.
Appreciate it torQQue.
thetribe Wrote:I think so too guys but I agree, I like it as well.
Only shows that QQ is spending more and more time trying to make everyone happen and improve BGR for all of us.
Appreciate it torQQue.
I actaully like the change
Well, I ask you this. Have the changes been for the better or worse? In your opinion.
To be honest I have been I'm searching for what works the best. I think I finally hit a bullseye.. Especially with the new front page. I like the forums and the colors now as well. Anyone else with me?
I like the front pages, the forum colors are fine and stuff but in my honest opinion I think that the colors and setup looks to much like BGP. I like it and don't mind it staying this way but I wanted to be honest. Everything else is fine.
The content management system has really streamlined this site. Its so easy to more around now. My current progect is getting the physical store built in so members can purchase shirts and stuff with thier BGR points. Ive worked about 4 or 5 hours on it today.

The next thing Im going to do is purchase a faster web host. I mean sometimes this is fast, but sometimes its slow. Im going to fork the extra money out of my pocket to get BGR on a high performance server.
torQQue Wrote:The content management system has really streamlined this site. Its so easy to more around now. My current progect is getting the physical store built in so members can purchase shirts and stuff with thier BGR points. Ive worked about 4 or 5 hours on it today.

The next thing Im going to do is purchase a faster web host. I mean sometimes this is fast, but sometimes its slow. Im going to fork the extra money out of my pocket to get BGR on a high performance server.

All of that sounds great. I can't wait to get stuff.
thetribe Wrote:I like the front pages, the forum colors are fine and stuff but in my honest opinion I think that the colors and setup looks to much like BGP. I like it and don't mind it staying this way but I wanted to be honest. Everything else is fine.

ITs not that is like BGP. Its the same identical forum. Vbulletin is the most popluar forum throughout the internet. This is the default theme and color scheme that comes with VB.. well almost. Compare our forums to BGP. I made our colors a little more darker and added nice headers..

I wont change the template any more. But most likely will change the colors. Im thinking about changing to fit the season. We might go to a red look or something for xmas.

IMO BGP has way to many pop ups affiliate programs. That fastclick stuff is the most generic and annoying affilate service on the web. For god sakes they could at least do google ads. That dont force you to visit a page or see an add unless you choose.
Color scheme just reminded me of it.
I like the setup here alot better and I agree, the ads there are horrible.
I agree QQ and Tribe!! I like this alot better, it's easier to get around in!!! BGP has nothing on us....lol......

All the changes that you have made I think have been for the best!!
Just keeps getting better.
Basketballer Wrote:I agree QQ and Tribe!! I like this alot better, it's easier to get around in!!! BGP has nothing on us....lol......

All the changes that you have made I think have been for the best!!

They have more more members. We working on getting them here. Guess what guys. Monday Im going to all the dorms and placing flyers under each college students door. There are a wide variety of people from the state here. That should get us plenty more members. :Hammer3:
Great Ideal QQ.
torQQue Wrote:Well, I ask you this. Have the changes been for the better or worse? In your opinion.
To be honest I have been I'm searching for what works the best. I think I finally hit a bullseye.. Especially with the new front page. I like the forums and the colors now as well. Anyone else with me?

In my opinion the changes are better. The site looks good, you have done a great job.

:theman:
Thanks Oldschool
I will have flyers during basketball season at almost every home game and will place a huge stack on the ticket counter where EVERYONE entering the game will be able to pick one up. I am trying to get the word out to ER students already and have quite a few people that have been joining so the flyers will get more ER students, sports fan, and parents as well as the opposing team's crowd as well.
I am tired of the other site. It has gotten way out of control. Not to mention that a lot of the "posters" are not even real posters. The administration tries to "stimulate" the conversation entirely too much (to generate more hits). Everything always turns into an argument now-a-days.

This board seems to be pretty cool. There is a lot more functionality than other sites. Keep up the good work.

(And thanks to the person who posted this address on the "other" site--I wouldn't have had a clue--even though the post didn't last long).
Don't get me wrong i like the site more too!
Keep up the good work and change it all you want lol
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I am tired of the other site. It has gotten way out of control. Not to mention that a lot of the "posters" are not even real posters. The administration tries to "stimulate" the conversation entirely too much (to generate more hits). Everything always turns into an argument now-a-days.

This board seems to be pretty cool. There is a lot more functionality than other sites. Keep up the good work.

(And thanks to the person who posted this address on the "other" site--I wouldn't have had a clue--even though the post didn't last long).

Thank you Kentucky, and welcome. Hope that you enjoy this site as much as we do. We pride ourselves on not being like BGP in that here your opinions can be posted for free and you do not get banned for differing opinions and small, stupid stuff. Thanks for joining and please, help us get the word out about BluegrassRivals.
thetribe Wrote:Thank you Kentucky, and welcome. Hope that you enjoy this site as much as we do. We pride ourselves on not being like BGP in that here your opinions can be posted for free and you do not get banned for differing opinions and small, stupid stuff. Thanks for joining and please, help us get the word out about BluegrassRivals.

:Thumbs:

Already on it tribe!

Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome Kentucky, we are great to have you aboard I hope you like it as much as I do and everyone else....If you need anything dont hesitate to ask my self or a mod.......Once again welcome KY
Welcome to BGR KYHillBilly... I'm glad you like this site... I think it's awesome!
:welcome: :wenumber1