Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls Hoop-A-Rama
There will be a Girls Hoop-A-Rama this Saturday, April 18th at the Old Hindman Settlement School in Knott County.

Divisions:
10u/5th Grade
11u/6th Grade
12u/7th Grade
13u/8th Grade
14u/9th Grade

A team might be scheduled to play in a higher division based on number of teams that wants to play in that division and because they are going to try and get every team at least 2 games. Both AAU teams and School teams are welcome.

If interested or have any more questions, PM me or post message with email address and I will get back to soon as possible.

:blondedri
Is Chicken Combs going to be playing kids that are to old like he usually does? The man is a cheater plain and simple.
Boys will be Morning/Early Afternoon Session

We have times available at 10:00-11:00-12:00-1:00

Girls will be Early Afternoon/Night Session

We are looking for 1 more 7th grade girls team

We would like to thank all teams who have shown interest in playing. We are going to try and set the schedule tonight, but no later than noon Friday so if you have a team that is interested in playing PM soon as possible and I will give you the details.
warmachine Wrote:Is Chicken Combs going to be playing kids that are to old like he usually does? The man is a cheater plain and simple.
all the kids he plays are the right age. chicken just knows how to recruit players. sounds like someone's jealous.
The Hoop-A-Rama has been re-scheduled for May 2nd except for the girls game between Fire & Ice and East Ky Dream, it will still be played.

If anyone is interested or have any questions about playing on May 2nd PM me and I will get back to you soon as possible.

It will still be the same, Boys Session in the morning to early afternoon and Girls Session will be early afternoon to night. The division has been narrowed down to 12u/6th, 13u/7th, 14u/8th in boys and 11u/6th, 12u/7th, and 13u/8th in girls. Both AAU teams and School teams welcome.

Schedule April 18th @ HMS
6:00 PM East Ky Dream vs. Fire & Ice Girls 12u/7th
7:00 PM East Ky Dream vs. Fire & Ice Girls 13u/8th

Good luck to both teams and we appreciate them playing the game tonight and I would like to thank all the teams who shown interest this weekend and said they would play in the hoop-a-rama on May 2nd.
The game between Fire&Ice and Dream was no competition. Fire&Ice buried them. 61-32. Fire&Ice is gonna have a GREAT team with people from Hindman Elementary, Whitesburg Middle School, and Allen Middle School.
warmachine Wrote:Is Chicken Combs going to be playing kids that are to old like he usually does? The man is a cheater plain and simple.

Such as who?
Well he played Megan Mosley against my 14U team last year. He also got kicked out of a tournament at the Sportsplex for playing illegal aged players. I see him wearing his "CHEAT TO WIN" shirt all the time over at the Sportsplex struting around. He even has CHEAT TO WIN on his license plate. What a great role model.
warmachine Wrote:Well he played Megan Mosley against my 14U team last year. He also got kicked out of a tournament at the Sportsplex for playing illegal aged players. I see him wearing his "CHEAT TO WIN" shirt all the time over at the Sportsplex struting around. He even has CHEAT TO WIN on his license plate. What a great role model.

First of all he has never had Mosley on any team of his, her dad would die before she played for him. Now Megan may have played on a team of that nature, but not his.
And second of all the he did get thrown out of a tournament for playing a kid that had started school early, but was younger than players on that same team. It was just
plain and simply jealousy from Hazard and Perry as usual. The funny thing was the
other team had three girls older than her on it. Get your facts straight before you bash someone.
I assume your kid is on his team. Wendell Chicken Combs is the biggest cheater in the business. He told me a couple weeks ago that he'd play a 30 year old if it meant Victory. He said nobody remembered losers so do what you got to do. I dont know why Knott Central dont hire this guy to coach the girls up there. Is a WIN or nothing when it comes to Chicken Combs. If winning wasnt important, he would only have kids from Knott County on his team instead of kids from all over Eastern Kentucky. Its all about Chicken and his will to win. He will do anything for the W.
knott county sportsplex is getting a bad name.If it continues on the path that it is going,it will have no teams to plat in it.
warmachine Wrote:I assume your kid is on his team. Wendell Chicken Combs is the biggest cheater in the business. He told me a couple weeks ago that he'd play a 30 year old if it meant Victory. He said nobody remembered losers so do what you got to do. I dont know why Knott Central dont hire this guy to coach the girls up there. Is a WIN or nothing when it comes to Chicken Combs. If winning wasnt important, he would only have kids from Knott County on his team instead of kids from all over Eastern Kentucky. Its all about Chicken and his will to win. He will do anything for the W.

Well I dont know the guy personally, but I've seen his side line antics more than once. The truth of the matter is that some people are jealous of getting
beat by someone that acts a little unprofessional. I mean if parents want to let him coach their kids and he wants to put the time in, so be it. I wouldn't but thats just me. And if the truth be known i'd say he cheats a whole lot less than most of these high schools around the area. Transfers and getting eligible from school to school. Jobs to parents from other counties and your harping on some guy that coaches AAU that hardly anyone even knows about. This just sounds a little personal with some jealousy attached to it and I assume your kid didn't get asked to play.

Not to change the subject or anything, but just who is on the Fire and Ice thats got warmachine on the warpath.
To be honest, I am just trying to get Chicken all roused up. Chicken is a great guy. He is easy to get ****ed off and I figured some of the trouble making mommies and daddies on here would go run to him and tell him what I posted. Chicken is a good friend and no he dont cheat. So dont believe everything you read on the message boards folks because they are not always true. :blabbermo
The Hoop-A-Rama has been re-structured so it helps teams. There are so many other activities and events going on that teams said they can't play at certain times and on certain days, but if you have games on this day or at this time they could so we have completly re-structured the hoop-a-rama.

New Hoop-A-Rama Schedule

HOOP-A-RAMA
MAY 1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD

ALL AGE DIVISIONS
ALL GRADE LEVELS
BOYS & GIRLS TEAMS

AVAILABLE TIMES
FRIDAY MAY 1ST 5:30-6:30-7:30-8:30
SATURDAY MAY 2ND 10:00-11:00-12:00-1:00-2:00-3:00-4:00-5:00-6:00-7:00
SUNDAY MAY 3RD 1:00-2:00-3:00-4:00

You can play 1 or 2 games, possibly 3 if teams are available to play against. You can play on Friday or Saturday or Sunday or Two Days or All Three.

No Team Entry Fee

Contact Wendell Combs at 606-368-2333 or email me at [email]canddexpress@hotmail.com[/email]
warmachine Wrote:To be honest, I am just trying to get Chicken all roused up. Chicken is a great guy. He is easy to get ****ed off and I figured some of the trouble making mommies and daddies on here would go run to him and tell him what I posted. Chicken is a good friend and no he dont cheat. So dont believe everything you read on the message boards folks because they are not always true. :blabbermo
Please don't make it any harder for us parents to put up with him than it already is! We already hear enough out of him, lol.
Chicken Combs is a great coach. He might do what he needs to do to win, but he doesn't cheat. He plays people who are the RIGHT age. People are just jealous because he's stomping everybody. Fire and Ice are going to be good this year, no matter what age group they play. And warmachine, don't go dissing chicken, you've played with him before Wink
They appreciate all the teams that have contacted them so far interested in playing in the Hoop-A-Rama. They will be accepting teams until Thursday, April 30th at Noon.

Number of Teams that have shown interest so far in playing.

Boys:
11u/5th Grade-1
12u/6th Grade-1
13u/7th Grade-2
14u/8th Grade-1

Girls:
11u/6th Grade-1
12u/7th Grade-2
13u/8th Grade-2
fire and ice should be good it is a all-star team,no coach is needed.Billy G gould coach that team