Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams Blackcats
Congrats on a great season !! You guys worked really hard and it paid off for you !! 20 + wins on the season. 1st time in 8 years in the county championship ! 1st team to win a game in the state tourney ! Elkhorn City Holiday tournament champs ! Good Luck in high school and Thanks for the memories !

Coach
Congrats Blackcats on a wonderful season!!!
Good Job Blackcats!!!
Congrats to you and your Blackcats.
Congrats Blackcats! You all had a great season this year. And you all should be very proud.

Congrats Coach Howell. You coached a great team.
Lack of competition got you 20 wins. I would venture to say that JC's 7th graders would dominate your league. The only program that anyone cares about is football in that county. Who are some of the teams you played this year fella's, did you play Hazard, Breathitt, Johnson County, Paintsville, Pikeville, or anyone of this caliber?
Nice Post Coach K !!!! Thats really mature getting on here and bashing 13 year old kids !! I'm proud of my team ! Stay in Johnson County ! I wont stoop to your level ! Oh yeah, it was actually 25 wins !!! Get it right
Our schedule included teams such as : All Floyd County teams , Virgie, Martin County (scrimmage), Martha Jane Potter (one of top 2 teams in Letcher Co.) Pulaski Co. , Cowan, Millard, Emmalena, Hindman, Knox County, Paintsville and others. Yes we lost some, but we won some also. It helped my kids come tourney time and they loved the experience. Thanks for the concern...
I thought Adams was the most improved team i saw this year from the first of the season to the end. They played a really good schedule and came out with alot of wins. Congrats Coach Howell and the Blackcats on an excellent season.
MR. Slate Wrote:I thought Adams was the most improved team i saw this year from the first of the season to the end. They played a really good schedule and came out with alot of wins. Congrats Coach Howell and the Blackcats on an excellent season.

They was by far most improved. Adams had some great wins over good teams also. Somebody just wants to bash 14 yr olds on a forum... no life.
This thread was intended to thank my players for all the hard work and dedication. I will leave it at that.
First off, Adams Basketball Program is very good! And I compliment that they made it to the Championship! Congrats! I do believe Adams program over the last 2 years has been great! My 8th grade year(2007-2008) season we were 18-10 I think? And this year 25 wins! Coach Howell is also a very good coach; He coaches Football and Basketball their; and Puts all his time into those kids! Good Luck in the future Blackcats! Bring us a Championship in!

ALSO-- The "supposed" coach from JCMS. Seriously quit being immature and making rude remarks about 13-14 year old basketball players. There just teenagers that has played to their potential and has had great success in doing so! GO CATS!
Big E Wrote:Lack of competition got you 20 wins. I would venture to say that JC's 7th graders would dominate your league. The only program that anyone cares about is football in that county. Who are some of the teams you played this year fella's, did you play Hazard, Breathitt, Johnson County, Paintsville, Pikeville, or anyone of this caliber?

What a wonderful comment!!!! You should re-read or read the thread title and the first post. This is about a coach taking the time and making the effort to have a positive response and compliment his team. A team of 7th and 8th graders, full of 13 and 14 year old kids playing their hearts out. I personally think this is a wonderful thread/post and more coaches should follow the lead of canoe man/Coach Howell. This is not about any other teams; their abilities or records or even their accomplishments. This is about a coach communicating with his team and their parents. I would like to say congrats on a great season to all the people involved in the sport. I would like to say this is a group of individuals that I am proud to be associated with, each member of the team has grown up and matured and developed into a good basketball team. This team is a group of fine young men. Boys hold your head high, be confident and proud of all you have accomplished. After all that we have been through it would take a lot more than an inappropriate post like this to break your spirits. One last thing is always be fine young citizens of the community and remember… Have fun!!!!

Coach Sherman Holiday
Big E Wrote:Lack of competition got you 20 wins. I would venture to say that JC's 7th graders would dominate your league. The only program that anyone cares about is football in that county. Who are some of the teams you played this year fella's, did you play Hazard, Breathitt, Johnson County, Paintsville, Pikeville, or anyone of this caliber?

As adults we all need to think before we speak. Posting a comment of this nature, is nothing but negative. First it is critisizing the coaching staff, and second it is putting down 13 and 14 y/o kids. Not very professional. I am very proud to have my son associated with the AMS Blackcats and with the AMS Blackcat coaching staff. As stated above this is about a coach talking to his team. A good team.
Great job AMS Blackcats

You should be completely ashamed of yourself. This may be the most classless post I've ever seen during my 5 years on this site, congratulations.:Thumbs:

Congratulations to the Blackcats on a wonderful season!

Cannot wait to see you guys play for the high school.
redbull15 Wrote:What a wonderful comment!!!! You should re-read or read the thread title and the first post. This is about a coach taking the time and making the effort to have a positive response and compliment his team. A team of 7th and 8th graders, full of 13 and 14 year old kids playing their hearts out. I personally think this is a wonderful thread/post and more coaches should follow the lead of canoe man/Coach Howell. This is not about any other teams; their abilities or records or even their accomplishments. This is about a coach communicating with his team and their parents. I would like to say congrats on a great season to all the people involved in the sport. I would like to say this is a group of individuals that I am proud to be associated with, each member of the team has grown up and matured and developed into a good basketball team. This team is a group of fine young men. Boys hold your head high, be confident and proud of all you have accomplished. After all that we have been through it would take a lot more than an inappropriate post like this to break your spirits. One last thing is always be fine young citizens of the community and remember… Have fun!!!!

Coach Sherman Holiday

Nicely Put Coach! You and Coach Howell have done well and right by these boys! I know how you feel about a team you are associated with. Posts like the ones thats been on here are a disgrace. I felt the same way about the team I coached this year as well. Great Post!
redbull15 Wrote:What a wonderful comment!!!! You should re-read or read the thread title and the first post. This is about a coach taking the time and making the effort to have a positive response and compliment his team. A team of 7th and 8th graders, full of 13 and 14 year old kids playing their hearts out. I personally think this is a wonderful thread/post and more coaches should follow the lead of canoe man/Coach Howell. This is not about any other teams; their abilities or records or even their accomplishments. This is about a coach communicating with his team and their parents. I would like to say congrats on a great season to all the people involved in the sport. I would like to say this is a group of individuals that I am proud to be associated with, each member of the team has grown up and matured and developed into a good basketball team. This team is a group of fine young men. Boys hold your head high, be confident and proud of all you have accomplished. After all that we have been through it would take a lot more than an inappropriate post like this to break your spirits. One last thing is always be fine young citizens of the community and remember… Have fun!!!!

Coach Sherman Holiday
:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You should be completely ashamed of yourself. This may be the most classless post I've ever seen during my 5 years on this site, congratulations.:Thumbs:

Congratulations to the Blackcats on a wonderful season!

Cannot wait to see you guys play for the high school.

:Thumbs:
Thanks for all the kind words ! The kids do read these posts and I am sure they are happy to see the POSITIVE ones........
A great season for the Blackcats, job well done. Williams has a great future, saw a lot of improvement from some of these guys.