Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 60 - Shelby Valley 46 -- 59th District Championship
Congrats Phelps!
congrats phelps..

valley jus didnt come to play..their minds were in different places.there defense, rebounding, and passing is what lost the game...
phelps wanted to win the game and they def came to play..they played a great game and a great game together as a team where as valley didnt...

but good luck to both teams in the region.
in reply to you, katsfan, i believe in calling a spade a spade. seems like some of us at sv always have an excuse for anything that goes wrong. we simply did not get the job done. my remark about coach rowe was not a putdown, i was simply stating a fact. i heard someone talking about it at the ballgame the other night and some of the older fans confirmed that he had never won a girls district in several years of coaching. i think maybe he was a better boys coach or simply relates better to boys than girls. i can be a fan and still have an opinion even if it doesn't agree with other sv fans. if you look at the talent on these two squads, girl for girl, there is no comparison, i think we have them outclassed at every position except for riley and pruitt. i further feel that our bench is much stronger than theirs and felt that they used their bench more wisely than we did. simply another opinion, we do not want to become like most uk fans and call in to tell them what a great job they are doing when we know they are not. sometimes i think this is what is wrong with uk. i do not like to congratulate bad play or coaching.
In reply to you LuvSV, I've read your previous posts and 25% of them have something negative to say about Swindall. But at first you said Swindall was the best player we have ever gotten from ER - which was a put down to some other "player" being as we have only had one other transfer on the team (who is darn good I might add). Sorry, you can't convince me that you are a SV fan. You might call a spade a spade but you really need to look at the whole deck of cards . . . . Coach Rowe can only teach them to play the game - he can't get on the floor and "do the job for them". In my opinion Coach Rowe is the best there is. These girls have got the talent but they don't always bring it to the game . . . can't blame that on Coach Rowe. SV girls did not play their game against Phelps and that's what got them beat . . . but I'm still a fan and I will be cheering for ALL of the LadyCats
I think coach rowe was a better boys coach than he is a girls coach.I don't see him being frustrated.I watched him against Letcher and thought he did a great job of having his team prepared for the press.I would like to seee him back in coaching a boys team.I think he was a great boys coach.There are some boys team needing a coach,i would love to have him