Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSBCA Preseason Top 50 Players
Batting averages are are relative to whomever a particular school schedules. I dont think that a particular players batting average plays much of a part in a position player making this list. A lot of the players on this list are there because they have either been highly promoted or exposed to high profile tournaments or have been seen by the right people on high profile summer travel teams and/or in camps and showcases. You probably have .300 hitters in the Lexington area that are better hitters than some .450 - .500 hitters in the 15th. This list along with most All State , All Area , or All Whatever teams can be highly political to begin with. Some are accurate and justifiable and some are not. I wouldn't get too emotional about it. It's the nature of the beast with these things.

I do want to congratulate Austin on this recognition however. Best of luck to him this season, and keep workin hard, as I know you will.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Who could grow Pittman? He's 6"0 feet n solid 225lbs. and yes he did have 50RBI'S last year Pittman and Jake Partin led the jackets,and yes he his DI prospect in my book.Its hard to focus on pitching n Hitting fielding.His batting AVG could be better but he gets walked a lot like i said his O.B.P is over 700.his avg as freshman n sophomore year was always 400avg or better,when 13 region had some pitching like trey smith,Jacob Scalf.I agree pitching is sub par in 13 region now.Most best hitters can't stand slow rainbow pitching and we seen a lot that last year.Hopefully we will see some better pitching this year in 13 region.i just wish Mboro would start turning stats in to KHSBCA:please: so i could prove all you critics wrong.

Has Pittman had any contact/offers from anywhere? D1? Last I heard from his middle infield counter part was that he was going to play at Berea. I believe the boy is a better player than Berea, but that is what I was told. That Berea is the only place after him.:popcorn:
Now What Wrote:If I understand correctly, all you have to do to qualify is be nominated by a member. So you may have hit the nail on the head.

If I understand correctly you are nominated and then you are voted on by a committee, and you are not able to vote on your own players. Please correct me someone if I am mistaken.
Agreed but it must take more than that because corey adams has hit over .415 for three years in a row not to mention , he's a switch hitter and can't make the top 50 list so there must be other things going on....but as I said most of the list is accurate but not the Paintsville players..not by a long shot!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Paintsville players? from what I read of the list there is only one...Austin Lyons who you congratulated a few posts back for making the list. Now you say that he nor anyone else but yours truly deserves to make the list. That's a bold statement there pops. I was probably one of the first to mention to someone at work that Corey Adams should have been on the list, and granted there are others who should be also but to come on here( knowing that this young man and others of his peers read this blog) and dog a young man simply because he made the list is not ethical in my book. Really good way to show team support and sportsmanship. IF you're not happy with the list take it up with the committee from KHSBCA that voted, not with the young men who have no control over who made the list.
Looking over all of the responses, I have come to one conclusion-everyone will never be satisfied with what happens.

Are there other players that deserved to be on that list? Yes. Were there some that we left out? Yes. Should you try to down or doubt ANY of the players that were chosen to be on there?NO.

Austin Lyons is an amazing young man who has worked his butt off day in and day out becoming not only the baseball player that he is, the young man that he is and most importantly the leader and role model that he is. I believe from what I know of the young man and what I have seen of him as a player is that he deserves this recognition.

If you feel that there are players who were left off of this list, I understand your concern and your feelings. But have enough decency, respect, and intelligence to not down, disrespect, or try to insinuate that something "shady" is going on. These young men deserve the recognition. If you don't like it contact the appropriate people. Don't show ignorance by dogging Austin or any of these boys.

CONGRATS AUSTIN LYONS and all the young men chosen to be on this prestigious list.
the dark wizard Wrote:Has Pittman had any contact/offers from anywhere? D1? Last I heard from his middle infield counter part was that he was going to play at Berea. I believe the boy is a better player than Berea, but that is what I was told. That Berea is the only place after him.:popcorn:
Why you so worried what college he is considering going to?From you're earlier post's
you was bashing him about he wouldnt even make it to college. He has offers but not from D1college's.Which i can't understand why not! He pitch against tanner perkins ,trey smith jacob scalf, spencer greer.wonder why the coaches send their big guns when he's on the mound?I'm not trying to knock anybody on the list congrats to all the young men that made it.For the guy's that didnt make it that should give you motivation to work harder and do your talking on the field!
This is only preseason list so things could change real quick.Also darkwizard pittman isnt a boy he's a young man.
Even though I'm one of 10 NKY people on here, I am confused on how Hunter Jones is not on this list. I have seen the kid play for a year now and he belongs on this list.

Unless this is only seniors then just ignore my post lol
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Why you so worried what college he is considering going to?From you're earlier post's
you was bashing him about he wouldnt even make it to college. He has offers but not from D1college's.Which i can't understand why not! He pitch against tanner perkins ,trey smith jacob scalf, spencer greer.wonder why the coaches send their big guns when he's on the mound?I'm not trying to knock anybody on the list congrats to all the young men that made it.For the guy's that didnt make it that should give you motivation to work harder and do your talking on the field!
This is only preseason list so things could change real quick.Also darkwizard pittman isnt a boy he's a young man.

Im not bashing the kid here. But coaches sending there big guns against him has nothing to do with his pitching skills. That has to do with their respect for that teams offence.:ChairHit:
BlacknGoldNation Wrote:Looking over all of the responses, I have come to one conclusion-everyone will never be satisfied with what happens.

Are there other players that deserved to be on that list? Yes. Were there some that we left out? Yes. Should you try to down or doubt ANY of the players that were chosen to be on there?NO.

Austin Lyons is an amazing young man who has worked his butt off day in and day out becoming not only the baseball player that he is, the young man that he is and most importantly the leader and role model that he is. I believe from what I know of the young man and what I have seen of him as a player is that he deserves this recognition.

If you feel that there are players who were left off of this list, I understand your concern and your feelings. But have enough decency, respect, and intelligence to not down, disrespect, or try to insinuate that something "shady" is going on. These young men deserve the recognition. If you don't like it contact the appropriate people. Don't show ignorance by dogging Austin or any of these boys.

CONGRATS AUSTIN LYONS and all the young men chosen to be on this prestigious list.

The only ignorance that is going on here is the fact that you dont know the difference of questioning and insulting. Not once was there something said about Austin not deserving to be on the list. I said it was shady that Corey was not on there, that by no means is a knock on Austin and it was never even insinuated that it was an insult in anyway. Austin is a good pitcher, but Corey has had more production for the Tigers than Austin has, but Austin went down last year on a big stage and pitched a great game against a great team, and it apparently paid off for him. I wish him the best, but dont say anything about me or anybody else saying Austin didnt deserve this because i dont remember that ever being said. The only question was Corey should have been on it, and yes i can say it is shady because that is the way it looks.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The only ignorance that is going on here is the fact that you dont know the difference of questioning and insulting. Not once was there something said about Austin not deserving to be on the list. I said it was shady that Corey was not on there, that by no means is a knock on Austin and it was never even insinuated that it was an insult in anyway. Austin is a good pitcher, but Corey has had more production for the Tigers than Austin has, but Austin went down last year on a big stage and pitched a great game against a great team, and it apparently paid off for him. I wish him the best, but dont say anything about me or anybody else saying Austin didnt deserve this because i dont remember that ever being said. The only question was Corey should have been on it, and yes i can say it is shady because that is the way it looks.

Tell that first sentence to fullmetaljacket.. lol :devilflam
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The only ignorance that is going on here is the fact that you dont know the difference of questioning and insulting. Not once was there something said about Austin not deserving to be on the list. I said it was shady that Corey was not on there, that by no means is a knock on Austin and it was never even insinuated that it was an insult in anyway. Austin is a good pitcher, but Corey has had more production for the Tigers than Austin has, but Austin went down last year on a big stage and pitched a great game against a great team, and it apparently paid off for him. I wish him the best, but dont say anything about me or anybody else saying Austin didnt deserve this because i dont remember that ever being said. The only question was Corey should have been on it, and yes i can say it is shady because that is the way it looks.

I apologize if my post offended you, but I did pick up the "shady" part from your previous post...I understand completely where you are coming from in regards to to Corey being on this list..There have been others, however, and I am not blaming you that have made comments about the Lyons kid in the past about not being so good or deserving the recognition that he gets...He went on a very big stage, played well and delivered...He didn't falter or choke...I, for one, feel that he is well deserving of this honor along with others...

So if I offended you or made it sound like I was labeling you or blaming you...I apologize that was not my intention...This is a place to post opinions and feelings towards various sports and players...My only intention was to make some aware that the kids chosen to be on this list are not to blame for others who were not on the list...

Like I said before, these kids that are on the list deserve congrats..The ones who didn't have no reason to hang their heads...I just hope that some on here who question who is on the list and who isn't, don't blame the kids....
Lefty Wrote:You make it sound like something illegal took place. It's a list, simply a compiled list of talent. True there were names not on the list that should have been, Corey Adams, Mike Conley, Daniel Harmon to name a few, but don't dwell on who did make the list and make it sound like they don't belong on it.

Hmmm, I agree with lefty on this one...

So obviously BlackNGoldNation wasn't the only one who noticed your post and how it was worded.

But what I don't understand is why jump on to BlacknGoldNation when they stated their opinion about your post but not say something to Lefty? Your other post stated that it was BlackNGoldNation's ignorance for not knowing the difference between questioning and insulting the young Lyons kid's name being on the list and not Corey's. But I believe your post does sound as if you were trying to insinuate that Lyons shouldn't have been on there.

Just a thought.
the dark wizard Wrote:Tell that first sentence to fullmetaljacket.. lol :devilflam
The only ignorance going on here is your sarcasm. Every time I put a post up you have a smart remark. Why don't you worry about your Panthers. Are you a kid yourself? Me and Jacobs dad always got along, I don't know what your problem is. Is it something about the last game Brett pitched against the panthers?
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:The only ignorance going on here is your sarcasm. Every time I put a post up you have a smart remark. Why don't you worry about your Panthers. Are you a kid yourself? Me and Jacobs dad always got along, I don't know what your problem is. Is it something about the last game Brett pitched against the panthers?

The fact that all you here is Brett Pittman this Brett Pittman that? Yea I talk alot about KC. But thats where im from, where i graduated, and who i support. So why not be men about this and put differences aside. lol:igiveup:
UndeniableLeader Wrote:Hmmm, I agree with lefty on this one...

So obviously BlackNGoldNation wasn't the only one who noticed your post and how it was worded.

But what I don't understand is why jump on to BlacknGoldNation when they stated their opinion about your post but not say something to Lefty? Your other post stated that it was BlackNGoldNation's ignorance for not knowing the difference between questioning and insulting the young Lyons kid's name being on the list and not Corey's. But I believe your post does sound as if you were trying to insinuate that Lyons shouldn't have been on there.

Just a thought.

Thats fine but your thought is wrong. I never once said that he shouldnt be on here, because the fact remains that because of what he did at the All A he should be given the recognition, but my only argument was if he was going on then Corey should have as well. I think they both have done a lot for that team and if you put somebody, WHO IS VERY DESERVING, who only pitches every 4 or 5 days, then yes I do think you should put the guy who has carried the entire offense for that team the past couple of year. If you take that as me saying he doesnt deserve to be on the list, then be a little bit more open minded. I like Austin he is a very good kid and very respectful in everything he does, and he deserves every good thing that comes his way. I dont think you will meet a better kid. Congrats to everyone though on making the list.
Sounds like whos running for office in politics!