Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Phelps High School Dance Team!
Nice work ladies and gentleman.... I never doubted you all for a minute!! 1st place super district dance champs!!! :1:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats and nice work. I remeber my days as cheer dad following my daughter's squad around. Great job.

It seems to be more prevalant to have co-ed squads in EKY, is that true?
Congrats Phelps Dance Team!
Congratulations!! Ya'll deserve it
Thanks guys (from Phelps Dance Team)!

I'm really bumbed how they did the awards tonight at the boys game.

But i'm still stoked we got 1st in Hip Hop.
And it was a good oppurtunity for all the teams to get an award.

The girls results really shown who's number one, since they actually had a 1st and 2nd overall dance.
And all the teams used the same routines in both boys and girls.

CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS!
Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
donathanhurley Wrote:Thanks guys (from Phelps Dance Team)!

I'm really bumbed how they did the awards tonight at the boys game.

But i'm still stoked we got 1st in Hip Hop.
And it was a good oppurtunity for all the teams to get an award.

The girls results really shown who's number one, since they actually had a 1st and 2nd overall dance.
And all the teams used the same routines in both boys and girls.

CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS!
Big Grin

Weren't you the only team in your category?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Weren't you the only team in your category?

Yep since SV & PCC didn't do thiers, but that was for the boys.
We had no idea until tonight that it was being done by category.
But it wasn't by category in the girls competiton, just by the team.
Which we took first in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Weren't you the only team in your category?

Yes, they made that clear during the announcements. BUT, they were NOT the only ones who competed during the girls tourney. In that...... they were number 1 overall!

I wish someone could post routines (video) done by Phelps... I have heard all year how entertaining they are!
IISnakE Wrote:I wish someone could post routines (video) done by Phelps... I have heard all year how entertaining they are!

Snake their routines are VERY original and basically designed to compete with competition that is for "nationals" type of competitions. ...LOL...... Did ya get all that?? HAHA..... Honestly though, I could sit through and watch those kids dance at every game and never get tired of it. They have prop routine that is also a great one!! Hopefully, they will do that one during the region as well as their hip hop which I really like as well. They are very entertaining and I HOPE your tail will come to the regional to watch!!! :popcorn:

I'd like to see some videos posted also
I do however have a question concerning the qualifications of choosing a judge for dance. Who sanctions dance judges? Do you only have to dance in high school to be qualified to judge at a high level competition such as the super district? As far as I've ever known it has always been KAPOS. Ballgame routines are always Pom and Hip Hop and KAPOS judges can handle that type of dance. So, with that being said, basically what I want to know is who sanctioned them and WHY were they not from out of the 15th region?

Well, to be blunt about it... I would not have had a competition of it... I would have announced the winners from that one comp that was held and just invited the teams to perform... it's up to the tournaments themselves as to what they do or do not do. I love to watch the dancers when I have time! I love routines with alot of technical dance steps and moves in them. I love the ones choreographed by professional people and have a nice flow to them and match the music well!
I know that with the new KDCO (Ky Dance Coaches Organization) the judges have to be qualified through either UDA or NDA. Since the KHSAA technically does not sanction dance there aren't really any qualifications for judges to judge in game competition. I guess the only solution would be for the KDCO to be in charge of the in game competitions as well or KAPOS needs to have specific dance only judges. A lot of teams compete with a jazz routine which a KAPOS judge with no dance experience would have a hard time with which I believe is way PCC didn't want KAPOS judges. I think just as long as the judges have no affliation with a certain team and are not from the same district as being judged then it is alright to have judges from the same region. Now if this was a regional in game competition then I think the judges would have to come from another region. The problem with dance judges is they are few and far between so a lot of times you don't have the option of getting someone from out of the region because they would have to travel from more than likely Lexington. The people that are around here that would be qualified like me are affliated with to many teams and it just wouldnt be fair.
Congrats Phelps.
Well, from my point of view you guys are a very rude, un-sportsmanlike team
Just from the game's I've saw...
I'm not all that in to cheerleading/dancing, so I don't really pay attention to the teams that much.
I'm just making MY POINT, that others probably see it from my view also.
All I'm saying is, you're team would be even more better if you won with class.
ShakeandBake12 Wrote:Well, from my point of view you guys are a very rude, un-sportsmanlike team
I'm not all that in to cheerleading/dancing, so I don't really pay attention to the teams that much.

Well said! :worthy:
ShakeandBake12 Wrote:Well, from my point of view you guys are a very rude, un-sportsmanlike team

People ALWAYS try to bring us down...We just bring our attitude out on the floor.
We don't taunt anyone unless we're being taunted.
But it's over, we're the champs, see ya at region!

End Of Discussion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
This thread has gotten totally off topic. WHY can't people just congratulate others with class and keep the smart remarks out of it? It is now closed!!!