Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Kentucky make it to the NCAA this year
UK was not 18-8 last year, they were 18-13. Get your facts straight. This team does not deserve to be in the tournament, but I hope they get in, get put in the same bracket as Minnesota and get beat by them. Wouldnt that be bittersweet to all you billy g fans that wanted Tubby out so bad. If they dont get in, its not just the players fault, mr billy g should shoulder the most blame there and be shown the way the **** out of kentucky.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:UK was not 18-8 last year, they were 18-13. Get your facts straight. This team does not deserve to be in the tournament, but I hope they get in, get put in the same bracket as Minnesota and get beat by them. Wouldnt that be bittersweet to all you billy g fans that wanted Tubby out so bad. If they dont get in, its not just the players fault, mr billy g should shoulder the most blame there and be shown the way the **** out of kentucky.

Nope, definitely not the players fault, they should not be held accountable for the effort that they put on the floor. The coaches really need to get out on the floor and do it for the players when they can't seem to get it done....:eyeroll:
Warriors23RJ Wrote:They will make although I'm not sure they deserve to be in. Thats coming from a kentucky fan.

:Thumbs: I agree 100%. I think they will get in, but they probably wont deserve it unless they win the SEC tourney.
I didnt say it was completely the coaches fault, but I guess if u could read you would know that. I said it just wasnt all the players fault, they do the best they can at times with the system the coach implements. They can get by for only so long running that stupid help man to man defense, its killing them now but the coach still wont change anything. I know the players are lackluster most of the time but what else do u expect with the defense and offense he has them playing. These players arent cut out for man to man for the whole game, the coach has to change it up once in awhile to give them a breather, he cant keep doing what hes doing, if he does then UK is done. Its time he dropped his **** pride and do whats best for the team, and not just himself.
How many of you BCG haters were calling for Brooks' head after 2 seasons?
DevilsWin Wrote:How many of you BCG haters were calling for Brooks' head after 2 seasons?

They did not even know there was UK football until he took them to a Bowl!
as of now I say their in but I also think if they lose their last 3 games (LSU, FLORIDA, GEORGIA) then their out
As long as Kentucky has a winning season and, more importantly they still have their 20,000 paying fans, the people who get money from the NCAA Tournament would be more than happy to allow Kentucky in the tournament.
I think UK will lose to LSU and Florida... If that were to happen, they would be 4-6 in those important last ten games. They also would have zero wins against the Top 25, and would probably have an RPI around 65. SOS sits at 72 right now... Would end up with a 9-7 SEC record. Does that sound deserving?
DeuceUL Wrote:I think UK will lose to LSU and Florida... If that were to happen, they would be 4-6 in those important last ten games. They also would have zero wins against the Top 25, and would probably have an RPI around 65. SOS sits at 72 right now... Would end up with a 9-7 SEC record. Does that sound deserving?

You have been around long enough to know tha deserving does not always dictate inclusion in the tourney.

The key is today. If UK beats a legit top 25 LSU, that gives them their win, it improves their RPI, Most importantly gives them the magic 20th win as an SEC team and puts them in a postion to play two beatable teams in the 1st two rounds of the SEC tournament.

The USC loss hurt the Cats badly, but they can atone for all of it today. They will beat Georgia and they will be expected to lose to FL. A 21-10 record from the SEC, you have to say they are in.

Last Year, the SEC put in similar teams At Large:

Kentucky 18-12
Arkansas 22-11
Mississippi 22-10
Stardust Wrote:You have been around long enough to know tha deserving does not always dictate inclusion in the tourney.

The key is today. If UK beats a legit top 25 LSU, that gives them their win, it improves their RPI, Most importantly gives them the magic 20th win as an SEC team and puts them in a postion to play two beatable teams in the 1st two rounds of the SEC tournament.

The USC loss hurt the Cats badly, but they can atone for all of it today. They will beat Georgia and they will be expected to lose to FL. A 21-10 record from the SEC, you have to say they are in.

Last Year, the SEC put in similar teams At Large:

Kentucky 18-12
Arkansas 22-11
Mississippi 22-10

I agree 100% that if they beat LSU today they are in. If they don't however, and also lose to Florida, I would be nervous as a Cat fan on Selection Sunday if they don't win the SEC tourney.
They shouldnt make it.
This was the must win game because I felt it was too much for the Cats to win at Florida. Now if comes down to the Florida game. As long as the Cats motivate themsleves to beat Georgia, if they can some how pull off the upset at Florida, they still have a chance. Short of that, it's down to winning the SEC tourne to get the auto-bid
NOT THEY WANT!!! WHY ask coach Gillispie?? He will tell you??? THEY cant win and it isnt the players it is the coaches fault, I almost think that he is wanting to get fired by the way he coaches sometimes
theVILLE Wrote:NOT THEY WANT!!! WHY ask coach Gillispie?? He will tell you??? THEY cant win and it isnt the players it is the coaches fault, I almost think that he is wanting to get fired by the way he coaches sometimes

WOW your stupid why would any coach want to get fired?
theVILLE Wrote:NOT THEY WANT!!! WHY ask coach Gillispie?? He will tell you??? THEY cant win and it isnt the players it is the coaches fault, I almost think that he is wanting to get fired by the way he coaches sometimes

You know, you say some pretty dumb things on here, but this has to the the STUPIDIST comment that I have ever seen. You moron, if you listened to the interview afterwards, he took the blame, but he took the blame for one particular reason. If you listened, then what was that reason that he blamed himself. You just have absolutely no clue. It's OK to have a Louisville/UK jabfest on BGR, but not with someone who is senseless! Pick another new name and try again!
Stardust Wrote:You know, you say some pretty dumb things on here, but this has to the the STUPIDIST comment that I have ever seen. You moron, if you listened to the interview afterwards, he took the blame, but he took the blame for one particular reason. If you listened, then what was that reason that he blamed himself. You just have absolutely no clue. It's OK to have a Louisville/UK jabfest on BGR, but not with someone who is senseless! Pick another new name and try again!

:thatsfunn :Clap:
If UK loses to Florida, they won't be dancing, because they wont win the SEC tournament.
TheONLY1 Wrote:WOW your stupid why would any coach want to get fired?

He wants to go somewhere else to coach he wants a reason to quit
Ignorance and inconsiderateness (yes, it's a word, look it up) have led to the closing of this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]