Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Almost Turkey Season
i've got my turkey spot all picked out seen 7 there today
Yeah i have done that before but I like just being in the outdoors and listening to them gobble and try to work them in. But sometimes run 'n' gun is the only way go with the smart gobblers.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Yeah i have done that before but I like just being in the outdoors and listening to them gobble and try to work them in. But sometimes run 'n' gun is the only way go with the smart gobblers.

Thats my favorite style bc it adds more challenge in walking around and trying to stay quite.........i'd much rather do this than sit there and call them in.
I hunt in the same spot every year and will tag out this year. Turkeys are everywhere I turn my head.
Its getting closer and closer and cant wait to get out in the fields, im taking my kids next weekend for the youth hunt!!
i know, right? Wrote:Its getting closer and closer and cant wait to get out in the fields, im taking my kids next weekend for the youth hunt!!

It is a joyful experience to take a youth in the outdoors.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It is a joyful experience to take a youth in the outdoors.

SO TRUE!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It is a joyful experience to take a youth in the outdoors.

I love it, its jsut a good way to get closer to them in the GREAT OUTDOORS!
Hunting with your kids is something you always do til the day you die!
i know, right? Wrote:I love it, its jsut a good way to get closer to them in the GREAT OUTDOORS!
Hunting with your kids is something you always do til the day you die!

I'm a strong encourager of getting kids involved in the outdoors. What kind of person wouldn't rather their child in the outdoors than playing video games and being a couch potato?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm a strong encourager of getting kids involved in the outdoors. What kind of person wouldn't rather their child in the outdoors than playing video games and being a couch potato?

EXACTLY!!
I'd rather my kids be hunting and fishing than partying and getting into trouble!
Got some awesome trail cam pics today. I'm so stoked for the season to start next weekend.
racer4life Wrote:Got some awesome trail cam pics today. I'm so stoked for the season to start next weekend.

Any stutters captured?
Yes, I got one strutter with a big thick rope about 10 yards from the camera. Probably five or six different gobblers the last few days. Last year I had 11 toms walk under my stand while I was bowhunting.
i know, right? Wrote:EXACTLY!!
I'd rather my kids be hunting and fishing than partying and getting into trouble!
i agree.
racer4life Wrote:Yes, I got one strutter with a big thick rope about 10 yards from the camera. Probably five or six different gobblers the last few days. Last year I had 11 toms walk under my stand while I was bowhunting.

Good to hear that the gobblers are starting to strut already. I've roosted a few gobblers the last few days close to home. They are getting into gobbling mode at the right time. It's going to be another great season!
Only four days left to wait!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Only four days left to wait!

:Thumbs:
3 more days...turkeys are every where I look in Perry, Knott, and Breathitt.
I went out yesterday by my house and called a little bit and got 4 gobblin with ease, just every noise they heard too. Them birds are goin to give anybody a good hunt this season.
hs athletics fan Wrote:I went out yesterday by my house and called a little bit and got 4 gobblin with ease, just every noise they heard too. Them birds are goin to give anybody a good hunt this season.

:Thumbs: The turkeys are starting to gobble at just the right time this year. Saturday should be a great opening day.
So How was everyones opening day? My dad got one this morning about 9:30.