Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2009
What does everyone think about this team? They did well this year. They are returning a whole lot from the previous season roster besides Nathan Mullins, Corey Mullins, Zach McCoy, Cory Hall, and Anthony Damron. I think that's all the seniors. They should be adding more too. Confusedhh: Predictions?
Are they moving down to 1A this year for are they staying at 2A???
i know, right? Wrote:Are they moving down to 1A this year for are they staying at 2A???

My understanding is that once the KHSAA places you in a certain class, you must remain in that class. There is an exception if you want to move up you have to have permission from the KHSAA, but you are not allowed to move down in class. That is my understanding of the rules anyway. So I don't see how they could move down.
They re-align every 2 years. They re-aligned this year, and used the 05-06 and 06-07 enrollment numbers. The next alignment will be 2011. They will use the average number of boys enrollment from 07-08, 08-09.
Funny to note that you didn't mention the one Senior they're losing who signed to play college ball, Cody Mitchell.
Oh yeah. Sorry. Forgot about Cody Mitchell. He was out half the season and didn't really play much. What does everyone think about Valley's football team in 2009-2010? I think they'll be tough to beat.
3 Or 4 Wins
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Oh yeah. Sorry. Forgot about Cody Mitchell. He was out half the season and didn't really play much. What does everyone think about Valley's football team in 2009-2010? I think they'll be tough to beat.

:confused:
This is a huge group of seniors who have the talent, potential, and determination to win big games. They're working hard in the weight room in the off-season and several are going to some great camps this summer. I see Valley doing very well next year...definitely playing in the post-season.
They are in a four team district, of course there going too the playoffs...I dont know how Valley will do next season. IMO I see them winning 2-5 games. Getting the 3 seed in the playoffs.
Brooks4Prez Wrote::confused:

I think he is just refering to the school year.
Well, I see them winning more than 5 ball games. Dillon Hughes will be good if he stays healthy. B.J. Roberts will be awesome if he stays healthy. I believe Cody Varney will be a good quarterback. So, I see them doing pretty good next year.
They should have a good season winning a lot of games because they have almost every player returning this year!
i know, right? Wrote:They should have a good season winning a lot of games because they have almost every player returning this year!

Who are they gonna get to be assistant coaches? Saunders cant do it all by himself.
They will be in contention for a district championship. Prestonsburg lost 15 or so seniors off of the '08 team, so Valley has a shot at a district championship.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Who are they gonna get to be assistant coaches? Saunders cant do it all by himself.

Losing Hampton will no doubt affect at least some of the upperclassmen, as they have trained with him their entire careers. But, I hear there's a couple of guys chomping at the bit, and being from/for Pikeville yourself, I'm sure you've heard a rumor or two about who might be joining the Valley coaching staff. :eyeroll:
If they stay healthy I can see a district title.
I was really impressed with this team last season and truly think they will be a serious contender for the district title. This team is intense and very agressive on defense with a lot of team speed.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Losing Hampton will no doubt affect at least some of the upperclassmen, as they have trained with him their entire careers. But, I hear there's a couple of guys chomping at the bit, and being from/for Pikeville yourself, I'm sure you've heard a rumor or two about who might be joining the Valley coaching staff. :eyeroll:

Where is Hampton going to?
I don't know that he's "going" anywhere, but I've heard that he had to choose between coaching and driving a bus at Valley. Driving is more income for his family than coaching, so I imagine he would choose that option. Actually, I haven't talked to him myself, so let's keep in mind this is a RUMOR until proven otherwise.
Well Bobby Branham said in another thread that himself and Hampton are gone so I think thats proof.
True!!!
Real Badman Wrote:Well Bobby Branham said in another thread that himself and Hampton are gone so I think thats proof.
This program just took a MASSIVE step downhill. Losing Hampton is a major loss.
That is true. Without the help, Saunders isnt much by himself.
Hampton is what kept the team together when Saunders first came to Valley.
I think the valley cats will be very productive in the 09 season and a shot in the district title. P'burg is declining, morgan county is still rebuilding but bath co. also is an average team like valley that could surprise the district.
I feel if they get off to a rough start then it will gauge the speed for the rest of the season. The district is a toss up this early.
How do you guys predict they will do?

Who will be some of there outsatnding players?
there going to have a pretty good saeso because they are returning almost all of their starters!
im looking at a 6-4 or 7-3 season out of them.
I hope to see them win 4-6 games.