Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got one fine coach
Like I said in the other thread, give him at least one more year.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Like I said in the other thread, give him at least one more year.

Exactly.. but if this happens next year with the talent we have and if PPATT or MEEKS say then i will question BCG but for now just give him time..
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I was one of the defenders of Billy Gillispie until recently. TorQQue and BCA are right. Gillispie has been an embarrassment to Kentucky's program and it has only gotten worse. He is one of the most stubborn coach's I have seen in the college game and you simply have to adjust at times, that's all there is to it.

In every loss Kentucky has suffered this season I have had multiple questions about his substitutions, his scattering of minutes between players, his inability to mix up the defense, and his behavior towards the media (as BCA mentioned).

I've also had questions about him off the court, such as the number of players that have left Kentucky since he has been here, his disciplining methods, and his alcohol consuming habits.

This season has been even more painful than last season to watch and I didn't think that was possible. I am done defending Gillispie and I don't expect things to get any better while he is here at Kentucky. In fact, I would be surprised if they did.

Amen. Preach it!

I'm glad many other people are seeing the same thing. Not only is BCG a poor coach, he is also a jerk.

Everyone keeps saying wait to the talent gets here. BCG has already demonstrated he can't win when his team is clearly the most talented on the floor.

Signed,

GW, VMI, Houston, SD, Miami, UAB, Miss St, Ole Miss, Vandy, SC, & Georgia
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Exactly.. but if this happens next year with the talent we have and if PPATT or MEEKS say then i will question BCG but for now just give him time..

You think he is going to change his starting line up next year, or suddenly start making some adjustments? The guys is too stubborn to change. He would rather lose one of the best coaching jobs in American than admit he is wrong.

If Meeks and Patterson come back, our starting line up will be exactly the same, and our team will look and play much the same. BCG don't play the best players, he plays the players that hustle the most in practice.

There are no Lebron's or Kobi's walking through the door next year.

If they don't come back, our lineup will be much the same again, except Pilgrim or Orton will replace Patterson (neither will be as good though, especially not next year), and possibly Hood for Meeks. (Hood will not be better than Meeks, especially not next year)
BCF4L Wrote:You people who are not blaming Gillispie are the retarded ones. This "oh Georgia shot so well and they played awesome" **** doesn't cut it. Do you think it's a coincidence that every **** team that comes into Rupp shoots lights out?

Here are 3 point stats from our Rupp Arena losses. Now tell me it's just a coincidence.

VMI- 14/31 45%
Miami- 8/19 42%
South Carolina- 7/20 35%
Mississippi State- 14/27 52%
LSU- 9/20 45%
Georgia- 11/16 69%

Those are just from our home losses. That is an average of 48% from behind the 3 point line. It's not just a coincidence that these teams shoot lights out against us. If you can't see that, then you make Ray Charles look like he has 20/20 vision.

Touche, can't argue that.

rallo316 Wrote:Firing BCG is not the answer this will just set UK back again let his first full class get in and UK will be fine.

How can it set UK back again? We're already set back. 20 losses in 2 years at Kentucky is not acceptable, especially when, IMO, we have the most talented team in the SEC.
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Exactly.. but if this happens next year with the talent we have and if PPATT or MEEKS say then i will question BCG but for now just give him time..

I don't think you understand, we have two of the top 10 players in the nation and we can't beat VMI or Georgia in Rupp Arena. Clearly Kentucky is a better team than both of these yet we find someway to lose our biggest game of the year.

Also, if Patterson and Meeks are smart they will enter the NBA draft.
blackcat Wrote:I don't think you understand, we have two of the top 10 players in the nation and we can't beat VMI or Georgia in Rupp Arena. Clearly Kentucky is a better team than both of these yet we find someway to lose our biggest game of the year.

Also, if Patterson and Meeks are smart they will enter the NBA draft.

patterson is not a top ten player in the nation. every time he plays someone who plays defense they own him. i think he is awesome but he needs a jumper. as far as them leaving to nba i believe if one goes they both go or they both might want to win something next year with a decent team.
Look, UK fans are the hardest to please in the nation. Heaven forbid their precious cats dont dominate year after year. Go ahead guys blame the coach, blame anything you can. I like UK's coach and if the team doesnt listen to him, he will bench them, he wants to teach just as much as win. Just bc they dont win all the time right now, get over it people they cant be perfect. They are allowed to have bad seasons.
gtowntiger Wrote:Look, UK fans are the hardest to please in the nation. Heaven forbid their precious cats dont dominate year after year. Go ahead guys blame the coach, blame anything you can. I like UK's coach and if the team doesnt listen to him, he will bench them, he wants to teach just as much as win. Just bc they dont win all the time right now, get over it people they cant be perfect. They are allowed to have bad seasons.

When was the last time North Carolina, Duke, Connecticut, UCLA, or Kansas had a bad season? These are the teams Kentucky is mentioned with when you talk about prestigious programs.

When you are as prestigious as Kentucky is, your not supposed to have a bad season because we are not just an average program.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:When was the last time North Carolina, Duke, Connecticut, UCLA, or Kansas had a bad season? These are the teams Kentucky is mentioned with when you talk about prestigious programs.

When you are as prestigious as Kentucky is, your not supposed to have a bad season because we are not just an average program.
We used to not be an average program. Can't say that now.
[B]Gillispie just not cutting it at Kentucky
[/B]http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/92961...t-Kentucky

AN NCAA TOURNEY WITHOUT UK?
http://www.al.com/sec/birminghamnews/ind...xml&coll=2

Kentucky coach's act wears thin with players, fans
[SIZE=2]http://www.tennessean.com/article/200903...002/SPORTS

[SIZE=3]Billy Gillispie is really smug for a guy who hasn't won anything yet
[SIZE=2]http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/03/billy_gillispie.html
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
simple UK is not the best team now but billy g is not the best coach...BCG is good defensive IMO after lastnight people dont think so and he really runs no offense but the players dont help either. i swear man they throw it over patterson's head 10 plus times a game. can't wait til next year to have a point gaurd. still like BCG overall
"Honestly, how can UK lose that game?
I know many Kentucky fans will point to Smith's final recruiting classes, and I get that, to some degree. But Smith's final recruiting classes are the reason Kentucky isn't winning SEC titles; they aren't the reason Kentucky can't beat freaking Georgia in a must-win game at Rupp Arena, because Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson and three midgets with no arms should be able to beat Georgia in a must-win game at Rupp Arena."

Read entire article at
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportslin...8674.shtml
beasy_bo Wrote:simple UK is not the best team now but billy g is not the best coach...BCG is good defensive IMO after lastnight people dont think so and he really runs no offense but the players dont help either. i swear man they throw it over patterson's head 10 plus times a game. can't wait til next year to have a point gaurd. still like BCG overall

And who's going to be our PG? It's going to be Porter just like it is this season, except they're not going to have Patterson to throw it to. You may like BCG, but if you can't see that he is a horrendous coach, you should probably try to follow a different sport.

Nice find with the foxsports article Torqque, I think that pretty much says it all.
blackcat Wrote:And who's going to be our PG? It's going to be Porter just like it is this season, except they're not going to have Patterson to throw it to. You may like BCG, but if you can't see that he is a horrendous coach, you should probably try to follow a different sport.

:Thumbs: this is true he sucks at coaching i agree! but he's a awesome recruiter and in college and especially with him if you have better players then guess what its going to make your coaching look better. you'll see a whole new team next year and if both of our rely on guys stays then it will be for a huge turn around IMO. For porter he get'n a very lil bit better but he still sucks a PG we'll have vilirano i believe you spell it like that and he can drive and dish thats what UK needs. not meeks driving get'n fouled or a turnover but he has been our savior this year.
beasy_bo Wrote::Thumbs: this is true he sucks at coaching i agree! but he's a awesome recruiter and in college and especially with him if you have better players then guess what its going to make your coaching look better. you'll see a whole new team next year and if both of our rely on guys stays then it will be for a huge turn around IMO. For porter he get'n a very lil bit better but he still sucks a PG we'll have vilirano i believe you spell it like that and he can drive and dish thats what UK needs. not meeks driving get'n fouled or a turnover but he has been our savior this year.

How is he an awesome recruiter? How many potential NBA players has he signed? How many McDonalds All-Americans has he signed, besides Patterson? How many top tier recruits has he signed? Please tell me!
UK will never be on the level they was at in the mid 90s.
Aslan Wrote:UK will never be on the level they was at in the mid 90s.

No one will ever be at that level again.
Aslan Wrote:UK will never be on the level they was at in the mid 90s.

You are probably right that. Too much parity due to too many of the big time talented players leaving early for money. However, I would at least like to make the NCAA tournament and win an SEC championship occassionally. Is that too much to ask out our program? It's not the same filling about my brackets without the Cats in it:yikes:
simply put. Mitch Barnhart F'd up and jumped the gun when he hired Gillispie. I was hoping this wouldn't happen, and I could eat my crow, and be a happy UK fan.. but this is turning into a nightmare.. It seems like Patterson and Meeks will be gone after this year.. We'll be even worse next year if thats true.

looks like Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kansas are going to be the Gods of NCAA basketball now.. Kentucky is falling from be included in that group..
torQQue Wrote:You think he is going to change his starting line up next year, or suddenly start making some adjustments? The guys is too stubborn to change. He would rather lose one of the best coaching jobs in American than admit he is wrong.

If Meeks and Patterson come back, our starting line up will be exactly the same, and our team will look and play much the same. BCG don't play the best players, he plays the players that hustle the most in practice.

There are no Lebron's or Kobi's walking through the door next year.

If they don't come back, our lineup will be much the same again, except Pilgrim or Orton will replace Patterson (neither will be as good though, especially not next year), and possibly Hood for Meeks. (Hood will not be better than Meeks, especially not next year)

I think if anyone goes this year it will be Meeks. Patterson is too injury prone to go NBA this year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How is he an awesome recruiter? How many potential NBA players has he signed? How many McDonalds All-Americans has he signed, besides Patterson? How many top tier recruits has he signed? Please tell me!

:HitWall: first off he has been there 2 yearspeople start recruiting kids now when they are in middle school or freshmen in high school so guess what it takes time sorry no dynasty was built in a day. just give him the next 2 years and you'll see. by the way how many mcdonald's AA's did tubby get? just wondering.:thanks:
Tubby could have beaten Georgia with no mcdonalds all americans at all, **** he could have done it with 2 star players. But he was a good coach that knew how to get the best out of his players. This guy we have now probably has to have help opening his beer. He is an idiot and I hope with everything in me that hes gone after this year, next year would be too late.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Tubby could have beaten Georgia with no mcdonalds all americans at all, **** he could have done it with 2 star players. But he was a good coach that knew how to get the best out of his players. This guy we have now probably has to have help opening his beer. He is an idiot and I hope with everything in me that hes gone after this year, next year would be too late.
yes this is true but when it came tourney time we'd be in it but we'd lose in the first round. right now BCG has a team that he dont know how they're going to react from night to night and neither do we. but he does some crazy stuff sometimes or all the time that makes me think.... what the:eyeroll: dont want to go there. people will see soon enough or at least i hope as a UK faithful that with a better and his own team he is a better coach.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How is he an awesome recruiter? How many potential NBA players has he signed? How many McDonalds All-Americans has he signed, besides Patterson? How many top tier recruits has he signed? Please tell me!

Actually patterson was considering UK as his top choice before Gillispie
I Can Not Like The Man
BCG makes me sick. I will say this time and time again. Why you ask? Because why in the world would anyone defend this man? all he is doing is hurting what once was a great program...And now cant even beat a team like gardne-webb? Com'on? Fire this man before we lose what pride we have left!
I said when Tubby was run off it would be years before the Kentucky basketball program recovers. I don't care who the coach is. Two seniors carried Kentucky on their backs last year to get them in the NCAA tournament. It wasn't coaching.

This year less talent, even less experience.
There is nothing that coaching is going to fix. A couple of years of good recruiting and some experience in big games is the only answer

Some people just don't realize that this team is average at best.
the 1 the only Wrote:I can still find a way to blame some of this on Tubby look at he players he's of tubbys still Carter, Stevenson, Porter, A.J stewart and did we forget to mention that naismith award canidate Harris the only player tubby has recruited that is on this team is Meeks and IMO him scoring the 54 while as fun to watch and amazing as it was ends up being one of the worst things to happen this season because of everybody focusing in on him i still want to see 1 more year of Gillispie next season if we have the same results then it will be time for him to go

Ok, if these guys are so bad then why do 4 of the 6 play the majority of the game, why doesn't he play some of his guys. Having said that, I know the overall talent good be better, but is the coach thats the problem. I don't care what your talent level is, a team should get better over the course of a season.
Real Badman Wrote:BCG makes me sick. I will say this time and time again. Why you ask? Because why in the world would anyone defend this man? all he is doing is hurting what once was a great program...And now cant even beat a team like gardne-webb? Com'on? Fire this man before we lose what pride we have left!

sweet