Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got one fine coach
beasy_bo Wrote:yes this is true but when it came tourney time we'd be in it but we'd lose in the first round. right now BCG has a team that he dont know how they're going to react from night to night and neither do we. but he does some crazy stuff sometimes or all the time that makes me think.... what the:eyeroll: dont want to go there. people will see soon enough or at least i hope as a UK faithful that with a better and his own team he is a better coach.

At least we would make the tourney.
beasy_bo Wrote::HitWall: first off he has been there 2 yearspeople start recruiting kids now when they are in middle school or freshmen in high school so guess what it takes time sorry no dynasty was built in a day. just give him the next 2 years and you'll see. by the way how many mcdonald's AA's did tubby get? just wondering.:thanks:

Tubby got 7 Mcdonalds AA in his career at UK that's two more than Rick Pitino got. However, Tubby didnt get any noteable players his last two seasons other than Jodie Meeks who wasn't highly recruited.
the 1 the only Wrote:I can still find a way to blame some of this on Tubby look at he players he's of tubbys still Carter, Stevenson, Porter, A.J stewart and did we forget to mention that naismith award canidate Harris the only player tubby has recruited that is on this team is Meeks and IMO him scoring the 54 while as fun to watch and amazing as it was ends up being one of the worst things to happen this season because of everybody focusing in on him i still want to see 1 more year of Gillispie next season if we have the same results then it will be time for him to go

AJ Stewart came in the same recruiting class as Patrick Patterson, he is a sophomore. Tubby might have recruited AJ, but he also recruited Patterson and had UK at the top of Patterson's list. If you want to Blame Tubby for Stewart being here, then give him credit for Patterson.
Billy G is gone after this season no doubt in my mind, better luck next year maybe. I don't even see UK making it to the NIT this year, little lone to the NCAA Tourney.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Tell me Stardust who's fault is it when a team is shooting so good from 3 point, but the coach will not change his defensive scheme. In football if a team is running it down your throat averaging 6-7 yards a carry whos fault is it if the coach will not put men in the box to stop the run? I like Billy G, heck i met him and he seems like a great person, but as a coach he will not change his scheme or make adjustments, and being stubborn as a coach will most often kill a teams chances of winning.

I'm Still Waiting. Are you still looking for a way to put the blame on the players?
Spartan4Life Wrote:Billy G is gone after this season no doubt in my mind, better luck next year maybe. I don't even see UK making it to the NIT this year, little lone to the NCAA Tourney.

We could lose to Florida and the first round of the SEC tournament and still make it to the NIT. I believe you meant "let alone" as well.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm Still Waiting. Are you still looking for a way to put the blame on the players?

The coaches cannot play the game for the players. You tell me, who blew the three pointer against LSU? It was Stewart. The right defense was called, the coverage was there, the execution failed. That is not the coaces fault, nor was it because we didn't play a zone defense!

When a team is firing 3's from 25'+, there is ZERO zone defense in the nation that plays that deep. If you know basketball, you do not extend a zone beyond the three-point line, which would have never helped.

The Cats M2M defense created steals, you do not create steals from a zone defense.

I love hearing the "easy" way to play from those who have never coached the game. If you have, you know that going to a zone defense does not stop teams that can score, if it did, why don't they play Zone defense in the NBA?

I blame poor excution on the poor defense. If that is preparation, then it's preparation. But I watch a team lacking in athleticism go out each and every night and fail to execute on the defensive side of the ball. The lack of athletecism is not the players fault, but it certainly has not been gained by a coach who has not even recruited a graduating class yet.

Were all experts without a clue:please:
A.J. Stewart is not a sophomore, hes a junior, he played one season under Tubby, how hard is that for people to remember.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:A.J. Stewart is not a sophomore, hes a junior, he played one season under Tubby, how hard is that for people to remember.

No, AJ did not.. He signed a LOI before Tubby left, and decided to honor it. He was a freshman last year. People confuse him with being in the same class with Ramon Harris. Ramon is a junior and played a year for Tubby, AJ did not. SO, HOW HARD IS THAT TO REMEMBER?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No one will ever be at that level again.

I should rephrase that. UK won't be at the elite level UNC, Duke, UCLA, is where they are competing for a title every year and has there pick of any player they want. Well, they may get there, but it will be a WHILE. I'm a UK fan btw.
Aslan Wrote:I should rephrase that. UK won't be at the elite level UNC, Duke, UCLA, is where they are competing for a title every year and has there pick of any player they want. Well, they may get there, but it will be a WHILE. I'm a UK fan btw.
:yikes: yeah you're a UK fan but your collegiate team is L-villeConfusedhh: sorry don't really believe ya?:dontthink
Stardust Wrote:The coaches cannot play the game for the players. You tell me, who blew the three pointer against LSU? It was Stewart. The right defense was called, the coverage was there, the execution failed. That is not the coaces fault, nor was it because we didn't play a zone defense!

When a team is firing 3's from 25'+, there is ZERO zone defense in the nation that plays that deep. If you know basketball, you do not extend a zone beyond the three-point line, which would have never helped.

The Cats M2M defense created steals, you do not create steals from a zone defense.

I love hearing the "easy" way to play from those who have never coached the game. If you have, you know that going to a zone defense does not stop teams that can score, if it did, why don't they play Zone defense in the NBA?

I blame poor excution on the poor defense. If that is preparation, then it's preparation. But I watch a team lacking in athleticism go out each and every night and fail to execute on the defensive side of the ball. The lack of athletecism is not the players fault, but it certainly has not been gained by a coach who has not even recruited a graduating class yet.

Were all experts without a clue:please:

Sounds to me like you just contradicted yourself. You say that our players aren't athletic enough, yet we continue to play man to man defense Confusedhh:. And please don't compare college basketball to the NBA. I don't think we're all experts, but I guess your opinion is more qualified than that of Kyle Macy's, Mike Casey's or anyone else's on this message board that is feeling the same way.
beasy_bo Wrote::yikes: yeah you're a UK fan but your collegiate team is L-villeConfusedhh: sorry don't really believe ya?:dontthink

I'm a fan of both teams. I'm for any team inside the state of Kentucky.
Just watched around the horn and it seems Woody Paige and Jay Mariotti think BCG is done after this year. Paige also mentioned that he has 5 of UK's worst losses in history, not really sure what it means but it's not good.