•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central 56 - Knott Co. Central 54 (OT) - 14th Region Tourney
did anybody other than myself thinking KCC's coach didnt do so swell on the subs in the last couple of minutes esp when he had cox fouled out and leaving stamper in on defense with 4 fouls may have costed them as well but still a great game to watch
the 1 the only Wrote:did anybody other than myself thinking KCC's coach didnt do so swell on the subs in the last couple of minutes esp when he had cox fouled out and leaving stamper in on defense with 4 fouls may have costed them as well but still a great game to watch

Possibly, but you really can't do much with not a lot of bench depth. Ethier way it goes, the fans got what they payed for.
I thought that it was a fun game to watch because it was close from start to finish but in all honesty neither team played well. Both teams missed alot of free throws and if either team had shot well from the line they would have won by a good margin. I thought both teams played outside their normal game and played a different game than what they have showed this year. Congrats to Perry on the win but they must play better to win the region. They have the easiest route to the finals but must play better if they want to make it to the big show. I will be surprised if they do not look better the next time out because Coach Hatcher is an awesome coach and he will have his team ready next time out. I thought the Amis kids were the bright spot for Perry tonight and I would be surprised if Noble doesnt have a big game before the region is over. Good luck to PCC....They play hard and I think Coach Hatcher is a special coach....
Where have all the KCC fans gone? Just 2 pages on this thread? If Knott won this game this thread would be blowing up.

Perry beat Knott 3 out of 4 times, that's pretty impressive. But I thought KCC was going to Rupp? Make a run at state? What went wrong? I believe ole karma came back to bite ole KCC. Try and steal Perry Central and Hazards teams for next year, tear their schools apart, keep that Amburgey guy, bring in 5 more assistants, and maybe you will win the district, and maybe even region.
Good game both teams.
Both teams played really hard but neither of them played their best basketball.
Stamper was playing out of his mind at times and made some really tough shots.
here is what I think the keys to this game were though....
Jordan Amis really stepped it up and let his speed do a lot for PCC in the end. A couple of run-outs made by him helped the team out a lot.....
and Chris Noble's intensity in OT.....
you would think Noble would do his damage from the 3 pt line, but not tonite.
He had a cut to the basket for a layup, he pushed it to the rim in the open floor once and made it to the stripe for 2, and the play that I think saved PCC...
up 2 pts, jordan amis gets stripped, and KCC has a wide open lay-up....
but Noble plays hard and hustles to get a clean block....that would have rly taken away all the momentum for PCC but Chris saved us
and I think if it wasn't a random "carry" call on Chris he would've taken over that game, but thats just an opinion, and the calls were pretty even on each side
Good game
good season knott
GO PCC
dore20 Wrote:Perry Central ON THE ROAD TO [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]RUPP ARENA[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Maybe a little cocky!! PCC still has to beat wolf, then Hazard or LCC, so maybe you might want to wait before you put them in Rupp. There is a old saying dont count your chickens before they hatch. Just a thought!!!!Confusedhh:
lil dog Wrote:Maybe a little cocky!! PCC still has to beat wolf, then Hazard or LCC, so maybe you might want to wait before you put them in Rupp. There is a old saying dont count your chickens before they hatch. Just a thought!!!!Confusedhh:

I think by saying on the road to rupp arena....
they mean they are on track to make it to state....
and that they are...
they beat hazard friday nite and beat knott county tonite....
and had to play hard til the end in both games...
PCC is def on the road to Rupp....
and by on the road I don't mean I guarantee a regional championship....
I mean it's a strong possibility
lil dog Wrote:Maybe a little cocky!! PCC still has to beat wolf, then Hazard or LCC, so maybe you might want to wait before you put them in Rupp. There is a old saying dont count your chickens before they hatch. Just a thought!!!!Confusedhh:

I said on the road to, i was not forgetting about the stops along the way.
Good report tonight, no trash talking.
Ugly game. Not seen that many fouls called in a game in a while. Questionable calls both ways, but imo the calls were not in either teams favor.
Stamper played great. He hit some tough shots. If he wouldnt fade away on every shot he shoots, he would hit alot more.
Cox did little to nothing tonight. Perry really shut him down. How many points did the best player in the region have? No pun intended, just curious. I know it wasent much.
Both teams really couldnt hit a foul shot. Perry could have put it away in regulation but I recall 4 stragiht missed Ft's. Then Logan hits a cluthe 3.
Knott had more fans than Perry, but not the 5 buses full that pats2011 was talking about haha.
Jordan Amis is the most underated player in the region. He played great tonight. Deron Amis also played good before fouling out.
Suprised Knott hung with Perry in ot without Stamper, Cox, and Milk. Davis and Amburgey stepped it up and gave there team a good chance to win. Infact, Knott took a one point lead with about 40secs left, then Perry quickly took it back.
My heart jumped to my throat when Davis shot that 3 at the buzzard. It looked good, but he was a little off.
Great game by both teams.
Congrats to Knott on a great season, Amburgey and Milk had good careers at KCC! Knott is probably the fav to win region next year but imo Amburgey is gone as coach.
Congrats PCC, 2 more baby!
Aslan where are you at?
PCC beats KCC and you are nowhere to be found?!?!?!
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan where are you at?

spoke to soon....
dial-up sux lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan where are you at?

I'm hiding. I'm a hated man. :flush:
Aslan Wrote:I'm hiding. I'm a hated man. :flush:

at least you aren't as hated as I was last nite....
my retardedness(probably isn't a word lol) got about 10 of my posts deleted....
these posts are hard to rack up on dial-up guys!!!!!
cut me a break lol
j/k
anyone know how many rbs maggard had?
just curious if he had a double-double
zaga_fan Wrote:anyone know how many rbs maggard had?
just curious if he had a double-double

We need some stats from Stardust! lol.
Aslan Wrote:Good report tonight, no trash talking.
Ugly game. Not seen that many fouls called in a game in a while. Questionable calls both ways, but imo the calls were not in either teams favor.
Stamper played great. He hit some tough shots. If he wouldnt fade away on every shot he shoots, he would hit alot more.
Cox did little to nothing tonight. Perry really shut him down. How many points did the best player in the region have? No pun intended, just curious. I know it wasent much.
Both teams really couldnt hit a foul shot. Perry could have put it away in regulation but I recall 4 stragiht missed Ft's. Then Logan hits a cluthe 3.
Knott had more fans than Perry, but not the 5 buses full that pats2011 was talking about haha.
Jordan Amis is the most underated player in the region. He played great tonight. Deron Amis also played good before fouling out.
Suprised Knott hung with Perry in ot without Stamper, Cox, and Milk. Davis and Amburgey stepped it up and gave there team a good chance to win. Infact, Knott took a one point lead with about 40secs left, then Perry quickly took it back.
My heart jumped to my throat when Davis shot that 3 at the buzzard. It looked good, but he was a little off.
Great game by both teams.
Congrats to Knott on a great season, Amburgey and Milk had good careers at KCC! Knott is probably the fav to win region next year but imo Amburgey is gone as coach.
Congrats PCC, 2 more baby!

Why would you fire him?
Awesome game from both teams as expected!! Congrats to the Dores and congrats to KCC on a great season!! As we can see, looks like to win this tournament could come down to who shoots free-throws better late in the game!! I do agree with the statement that Jordan Amis is underrated, I have always thought he was a good PG, not a super shooter, but the hustle, quickness, and defense he plays makes him fun to watch!! Of course, I am biased towards guards!! Hope we can see a Hazard/PCC final!! Good luck to everyone!! :Thumbs:
BY FAR THE MOST NERVE RACKING GAME IVE EVER WATCHED! Also one **** of a 1st round matchup. CONGRATZ TO PERRY...one step closer to Rupp baby! Knott you had an amazing season better luck next year. Gotta give Amburgey props, he had his boys prepared and done a very good job coaching tonight. Definately wasnt expecting that and his boys played with so much heart. Gotta agree with aslan,...Jordan Amis is probably the most underated player in the region. The kid really is just a little stick of glue for perry central.TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Got this from another forum...

Quarter scores. Knott Central led 12-8 after 1st quarter and 20-17 at halftime. After 3rd quarter Perry had gone ahead 30-28. Game tied at 46 at end of regulation and Perry outscored Knott 10-8 in overtime for 56-54 win.
Perry Central(25-5) Jordan Amis 17 including important drive he scored and made free throw late in game stretching 1 point lead to 4 in regulation;Deron Amis 13,Maggard 12,Noble 6, Mullins 4,Salyers 4.
Knott Central(22-10) Stamper 20,Cox 6,Bartrum 8,Davis 8,Amburgey 6, Mullins 4,Caudill 2.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Awesome game from both teams as expected!! Congrats to the Dores and congrats to KCC on a great season!! As we can see, looks like to win this tournament could come down to who shoots free-throws better late in the game!! I do agree with the statement that Jordan Amis is underrated, I have always thought he was a good PG, not a super shooter, but the hustle, quickness, and defense he plays makes him fun to watch!! Of course, I am biased towards guards!! Hope we can see a Hazard/PCC final!! Good luck to everyone!! :Thumbs:

Thats what I predicted after the draw :thumpsup:
MVP2 Wrote:Your right, Everyone else did step up and thats what they are going to going have to do to beat KCC this time too. I think the differnce in this game could be the play of J Amis if he has a big game the Commodores might come out on top. Sure Maggard will get his 16-18pts and Noble-10-12 but PCC is going to have to have one of the other 3 to step up. I think KCC depth gets them the win.

Aleast I got this part right of my prediction. :biggrin:
MVP2 Wrote:Aleast I got this part right of my prediction. :biggrin:

Jordan Amis=Most underated player in 14th
Oyeah forgot to mention, Mullins had a NASTY block on Stamper and Chris Noble also had a huge block on Logan!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Got this from another forum...

Quarter scores. Knott Central led 12-8 after 1st quarter and 20-17 at halftime. After 3rd quarter Perry had gone ahead 30-28. Game tied at 46 at end of regulation and Perry outscored Knott 10-8 in overtime for 56-54 win.
Perry Central(25-5) Jordan Amis 17 including important drive he scored and made free throw late in game stretching 1 point lead to 4 in regulation;Deron Amis 13,Maggard 12,Noble 6, Mullins 4,Salyers 4.
Knott Central(22-10) Stamper 20,Cox 6,Bartrum 8,Davis 8,Amburgey 6, Mullins 4,Caudill 2.

Wow, Cox just with 6 points. Never seen him shut down like that. Great defense by Jordan Amis!
Epi57 Wrote:Jordan Amis=Most underated player in 14th

Def :thumpsup:
Epi57 Wrote:Jordan Amis=Most underated player in 14th

That would be Robert Warren :Thumbs:
MVP2 Wrote:That would be Robert Warren :Thumbs:

Gotta disagree there. Amis does more for PCC than Warren does for Haz, and Amis gets less credit for it. Amis is really the glue to PCCs team. But Warren is underated.

I agree...Rob is underated.

Definately agree that hes underated. but he doesnt have the impact Amis has with the dores. Not trying to bash him but theres a million players like warren that contribute towards the smaller parts of the game. I guess what im trying to say is hes an A+ role player
Congrats PCC
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next