•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central 56 - Knott Co. Central 54 (OT) - 14th Region Tourney
the 1 the only Wrote:did anybody other than myself thinking KCC's coach didnt do so swell on the subs in the last couple of minutes esp when he had cox fouled out and leaving stamper in on defense with 4 fouls may have costed them as well but still a great game to watch

First of all, congrats to the dores on a game well played. And second, **** yes he didn't do worth a plug nickle on subs or at the end of the game. No way should a freshman have been handling the ball at such a crucial time. He relies on some players to do things that they have no business doing because said players daddy is sitting on the bench, which is a mistake in itself. That ball should have been in Logan Bartrums or Jarrod Amburgeys hand. The coach was out coached again. The calls were very bad all the way around I believe they are worse than the 14th region refs. Both teams played hard and played a good game. I thought it was in poor taste that none of PCC's players came to check on Stuart when he got hurt. At least when one of Perrys got hurt Jarrod Amburgey went and checked on him, and tried to help him up. And what was with the God posters? Was that you Aslan? Anyway seasons over and 22 and 9 record ain't bad. Good luck to the Dores, not that I think you'll get past Hazard, because I don't think you will if it comes to that. It just seems like Hazard could lose every game all season long and come in to win the right ones to take them to state. I hope, myself, that LCC wins it all now.
A lot of questionable calls last night. Noble gets a huge block that could have very possiblly been a goal tend because he hit the back board and then Bartrum comes down and doesn't even hit the back board of the the perry player and gets a foul called. I was suprised the refs didn't call any carries on Stamper. Speaking of Stamper he got slammed to the floor last night sure hope he is ok. They need to get Amburgey out of there and find a coach who knows when and who to sub next. He took a big chance playing Davis in that game because he has been known to turn the ball over in such close games.
One of the best high school games I have ever seem.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think by saying on the road to rupp arena....
they mean they are on track to make it to state....
and that they are...
they beat hazard friday nite and beat knott county tonite....
and had to play hard til the end in both games...
PCC is def on the road to Rupp....
and by on the road I don't mean I guarantee a regional championship....
I mean it's a strong possibility

All I am saying is there is three other teams left and who knows there might be a upset and it could any one of those teams left standing! ( maybe not cocky just confident in his/her team as I guess they should be.)
MVP2 Wrote:Well Said, PCC did outrebound knott all night, espeically on the free throws down the strech. Good Luck Dores. I just have one question when is the last time a 3 sec in the key was called in the 14th?

There was one called in the Hazard - Lee Co. game. Maybe something the 12th region officals are looking for.....
Great game to watch. and i agree why call the 3 sec with the ball at the bottom of the net.
Congrats PCC Great Game! Good Luck Winning Regional's!!:rockon:
Congrats PCC...Great Game...Good Luck in Region!
Was a heck of a game to watch. Momentum swings all night long, packed house,(way to many people waiting outside to get in though), the officials were at least consistent, both teams had a chance to win, missed free throws was definitely the key to this one, and well maybe being out coached a little too! Perry moves on to play Wolfe Monday, should be a great game. Good luck to the 4 teams left!
Anyone have the free throw totals? I know both teams missed a bunch but I was curious as to how many each team shot.
MVP2 Wrote:That would be Robert Warren :Thumbs:

I agree :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
If Amburgey is such a bad coach then how come perry central only beat the by 2 points apparently Hatcher isn't that much better. JMO
Congratulations to PCC and Coach Hatcher. I really hope that the talk of him going to the 15th Region is not a distraction.
Congrats To The Dores But The Patriots Of Kcc Played There Hearts Out Last Night They Would Had Won If They Would Had Made There Free Throws Down The Stretch That Hurt Them More Than Anything And The Refs Wouldn't Call Any Calls On Pcc Bout Every Call Was On Patriots And It Went To There
14thregionrules Wrote:Congrats To The Dores But The Patriots Of Kcc Played There Hearts Out Last Night They Would Had Won If They Would Had Made There Free Throws Down The Stretch That Hurt Them More Than Anything And The Refs Wouldn't Call Any Calls On Pcc Bout Every Call Was On Patriots And It Went To There
:thatsfunn :please: cmon your kiddin right the calls were bad both ways and it was pretty even.
Overrated Wrote:If Amburgey is such a bad coach then how come perry central only beat the by 2 points apparently Hatcher isn't that much better. JMO

Hatcher can't make the shots for them. If they don't miss 11 free throws in a row, it's a double digit win. We can if this all day, but when it all comes down to it, the game plan by PCC looked a little better than the plan for Knott, just one observation.:igiveup:
14thregionrules Wrote:Congrats To The Dores But The Patriots Of Kcc Played There Hearts Out Last Night They Would Had Won If They Would Had Made There Free Throws Down The Stretch That Hurt Them More Than Anything And The Refs Wouldn't Call Any Calls On Pcc Bout Every Call Was On Patriots And It Went To There

There was bad calls both way's all night, I seen Noble pick the ball up and walk a country mile, I seen KCC do the same, but the 3 second call was pitiful, it wasn't even that refs call, the ball had already went through the net, i think that could have been the game. Work on your sentences a bit every word isn't suppose to be capitalized :p
skeow Wrote::thatsfunn :please: cmon your kiddin right the calls were bad both ways and it was pretty even.

your crazy there was alot more called on kcc than there whole season
14thregionrules Wrote:your crazy there was alot more called on kcc than there whole season

Get real, there were bad calls both ways.
14thregionrules Wrote:your crazy there was alot more called on kcc than there whole season

Alot of those fouls was an attempt to come from behind.... which worked, because without those fouls there would have been no overtime. If PCC hadn't missed all those free throws they would have won by a whole lot more than 2.
Looked like to me, Perry was the quicker team and Knott's defense was a step slow and they didn't have a lot of help side stepping over for the charge so they ended up getting the fouls called. I thought they should of adjusted and let Cox and Stamper guard someone else to keep from getting more fouls, but never happened. Whoever Cox and Stamper was guarding went to the basket and made them try to stop them, that is what got the most fouls on them. Great plan by the Dores. The inside game let the Patriots down a little bit last night, Cox was struggling getting the points and no one else stepped up for them.
Why are people bashing Davis. He is the next best ball handler they have next to Cox and Stamper. JMO but Cox was not ready to play. He missed shots that he normally makes. Also Davis should have got more playing time. He was ready and played very well, better then most. I am just going to state my opinion but Buttermilk should have never played. With him in the game they have to play half court and that plays right into PCC hands. Ratliff or Amburgey along with Bartum, Davis, Cox, and Stamper should have be in and them full court press the entire game. Everyone saw what happened at the end of the game when they started to press, they turned over PCC and thats what made the game close at the end. Both teams missed a lot of free throws. I do think PCC missed a lot more. Rebounding is what lost Knott the game. What was PCC second chance points. The biggest play of the game was Chris Nobles block on Bartum. I truly think if he makes that that Knott would have came away with the win because they would had all the momentum. I want to see a PCC and Hazard finals.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Why are people bashing Davis. He is the next best ball handler they have next to Cox and Stamper. JMO but Cox was not ready to play. He missed shots that he normally makes. Also Davis should have got more playing time. He was ready and played very well, better then most. I am just going to state my opinion but Buttermilk should have never played. With him in the game they have to play half court and that plays right into PCC hands. Ratliff or Amburgey along with Bartum, Davis, Cox, and Stamper should have be in and them full court press the entire game. Everyone saw what happened at the end of the game when they started to press, they turned over PCC and thats what made the game close at the end. Both teams missed a lot of free throws. I do think PCC missed a lot more. Rebounding is what lost Knott the game. What was PCC second chance points. The biggest play of the game was Chris Nobles block on Bartum. I truly think if he makes that that Knott would have came away with the win because they would had all the momentum. I want to see a PCC and Hazard finals.

I agree Zach Davis is the future for this team, and IMO has the best future on the team. He has a head on his shoulders. Stepped up big all season hit two big shots down the stretch last night and really impressed me.
great game...packed house! congrats PCC
I agree that Davis hit a big shot last night, but he did miss two key free throws when he went in for stamper. He needs to learn his role on the team instead of trying to do too much. This was evident last night and in the Hazard game at the end of the season. This was too big of a game for an inexperienced player. It was just too much pressure to put on him. He has a bright future, but there is no doubt that both Bartrum and Mullins are more experienced and disciplined.
MY My My, KCC.....All that talent and no titles. Has to be disapointing. One could say, "ah well, it happens." However it shouldn't happen in every tournament. No wymt, No district. No region. And lets not bring up Lexington.

This team with all the talent and then all the disapointments reminds me of last years JBS's team. Although JBS did take the wymt before they nose dived. We all know who got the blame for their downfall, So who gets it for KCC's???

As for saying Knott had an outstanding season, I have to disagree. A good season, but far from outstanding. Filled with one disapointment after another. I really, really, expeceted more from them. Oh well, it happens. (I forgot, I can't say that about this team.) :lmao:

Congs. PCC, I really underestimated you at the beginning.
Overrated Wrote:If Amburgey is such a bad coach then how come perry central only beat the by 2 points apparently Hatcher isn't that much better. JMO

The way Hatcher's team plays they aren't gonna blow anyone out....
so don't let the score fool ya....
tough defense and a slow methodical offense

they won't blow anyone out....but no one will blow them out and they are always in the game
01-29-2009, 11:09 PM #29
sacbunt
Statistician
Has anyone on this website figured out that KCC is getting outcoached when they lose? Allen Hatcher is one of the best coaches in the state. KCC needs someone that can handle the talent. I know that there will be some disagree, but if KCC beats Hazard, PCC, or LCC to win the region I will be really suprised. Allen Hatcher, Big Al, and Raymond Justice are top notch coaches when come tournament time are head over heals better than Justin Amburgey(had to look his name up on khsaa.org, see my point?)

Looks like my prediction is holding true.
zaga_fan Wrote:The way Hatcher's team plays they aren't gonna blow anyone out....
so don't let the score fool ya....
tough defense and a slow methodical offense

they won't blow anyone out....but no one will blow them out and they are always in the game

I agree, beautifuly put:biggrin:
the 1 the only Wrote:did anybody other than myself thinking KCC's coach didnt do so swell on the subs in the last couple of minutes esp when he had cox fouled out and leaving stamper in on defense with 4 fouls may have costed them as well but still a great game to watch

Well considering tate being fouled out and stuart having 300 pounds of dores face planting him to the floor and later being fouled...i think amburgey made a good call to put davis and braxton in if im not mistaken. davis being clutch when he needs to be and an all around consistanly great player and braxton having the height to stop maggard from driving it and getting several rebounds. sounds to me that he put in the best he had.:dontthink
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next