•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 75 - Johnson Central 57
He got knocked backwards over top of another, and crashed down hard flat of his back
I hope he is ok
VERY PHYSICAL game. All the talk about the refs, I think they see what they see. Things look different from everyones point of view. My only complaint about them isnt a judgment call. Deven got a rebound, fouled by Cody Parker, they get in each others face, not a punch was thrown, no pushing, but a double T was called. The interesting part about it is only the T's were reported to the scorers table, the foul called on Parker wasnt. It should have been two on Parker and one on Adams for the T.

Good points in the game. Valley proved they can play a physical game. Valley extended their lead with EJ on the bench.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
i am going to have to take up for the refs because jc came to play football and valley was trying to play basketball and the refs didn't know to through flags or blow whistles
Congrats SV on the win against JC and the other 3 they had helping on the floor. GO BIG BLUE.:flame:
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley and way to get it rolling in the second half. Congrats to JC you hung tough.
I thought JC played a good game and I thought Valley did a good job taking JC's best shot. They fought through the bad start and took control in the 3rd quarter. I thought Welch did the best job defending Elisha that I have seen anyone do all year. Elisha did take over in the 3rd though as big players do. I really thought Logan did a great job w/o Elisha in there also. I thought Deven did a great job on Parker, blocking or altering several of his shots.

Good season JC, and good luck in the finals Valley. I'm sure Lawrence will be ready.
Valley was down 1 heading into half and then just came out and out played the eagles in the second half ........Ian Welch had a good game and so did Parker.......but they just had no answer for Elisha, Taylor,Logan,tyler And varney
This was an exciting game to watch. Johnson Central really came to play today, especially in the first half as they lead at halftime. I was impressed by the heart of Ian Welch, he didn't want to lose this one. The third quarter was when Elisha Justice took over, I believe he had a game high with 20 points.

Congrats to the Johnson Central seniors on great careers!

Congrats to the Wildcats and good luck in the championship game!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This was an exciting game to watch. Johnson Central really came to play today, especially in the first half as they lead at halftime. I was impressed by the heart of Ian Welch, he didn't want to lose this one. The third quarter was when Elisha Justice took over, I believe he had a game high with 20 points.

Congrats to the Johnson Central seniors on great careers!

Congrats to the Wildcats and good luck in the championship game!

SV is a great team. I think it was more of JC offense being off and not so much SV. Welch played hard and scored 22 points, game high. I think he may have been high rebounder for the game as well. Justice is a big time player, but tonight Welch showed him he was equal.
SwildcatV Wrote:he was the one that undercut him. that and several other things i seen him do when alot of them would be going for the ball.

Quite crying, you won the game! It is called up in your face smashmouth defense, something SV has not seen this year but will see Monday night and if they win, they will see it at Rupp. All the games now will be physical, get used to it. SV played well and handled the pressure, what is the problem?
Keep the discussion on the game and remember not to bash players.
Many of SV's free throws were shot when JC started fouling with 2 minutes left. Plus SV only shot around 50% so that didn't hurt JC much. JC played a great game, but free throws had nothing to do with the outcome.
SwildcatV Wrote:he was the one that undercut him. that and several other things i seen him do when alot of them would be going for the ball.

First of all, he didn't undercut the kid...The one that got hurt was on #32's back...and as far as a footprint being on the kid , thats hogwash also.

I'm proud of this Eagle team, they played hard, was even giving valley a scare, seen a few of valleys boy's getting a bit aggravated. Congrats to Valley on the win.
MonsterMan Wrote:Quite crying, you won the game! It is called up in your face smashmouth defense, something SV has not seen this year but will see Monday night and if they win, they will see it at Rupp. All the games now will be physical, get used to it. SV played well and handled the pressure, what is the problem?

the problem is that curby tackett will be lucky to play at rupp arena if valley makes it. and that was not smash mouth defense. it was off a free throw and when curby went up for the rebound #32 clearly just slid underneath him and landed curby on his head. if that is smash mouth defense then that wasn't a basketball game tonight.
SwildcatV Wrote:they were getting aggravated because they couldn't get a break from the refs. not only that but jc does nothing but try and throw in cheap shots.

No, I was sitting right behind th e valley bench the first half and these boys were worried.
Strike two.

This is the second warning. If you guys want this thread to stay open you will cut out the insults and bickering.
MonsterMan Wrote:SV is a great team. I think it was more of JC offense being off and not so much SV. Welch played hard and scored 22 points, game high. I think he may have been high rebounder for the game as well. Justice is a big time player, but tonight Welch showed him he was equal.

first of all elisha got to the basket when he wanted to. and second of all when he didn't it was because welch or someone else was grabbing him.
Good test for SV, tough game and a good win. Logan Bryant stepped up big tonite. Refs wanted to call the back tap foul at every chance and let the Rugby style go. Welch had a good game, great ballplayer.
anyone read the strike two post????
Good job Ian!!!!!!good job eagles!!!
EOE Wrote:He got knocked backwards over top of another, and crashed down hard flat of his back

If someone knows Curby Tackett's actual condition pleae post on here.

This is no time for a senior to get hurt and cut short his playing time when

the team is still winning.

Didn't Varney get cut up some earlier and had to be taken to the sideline,

bleeding and had to be administered to? As long as the refs call it the same

on both ends of the court, then no complaint from here.
Congrats Valley. Stop crying JC
i got to see Vally in Richmond this year i love this team and hope they get to lex and i hope there point guard stays there and plays for the cats.
MonsterMan Wrote:SV is a great team. I think it was more of JC offense being off and not so much SV. Welch played hard and scored 22 points, game high. I think he may have been high rebounder for the game as well. Justice is a big time player, but tonight Welch showed him he was equal.

No, Welch had a good game, he is not of equal talent as Elisha Justice. Welch is a good player, but don't take it as far as saying he showed that he's equal to Elisha.
dortonite Wrote:If someone knows Curby Tackett's actual condition pleae post on here.

This is no time for a senior to get hurt and cut short his playing time when

the team is still winning.

... far as i have heard.
he is doing fine.. and better
he was sent home.. and wants to play on monday..
Dont know if he will or not..
just wait and see.. i no he will pull it out and
play in one game..
MonsterMan Wrote:I would agree with you. JC's offense went flat in the second half, it is that simple. If JC's could have put some points up, SV would have been sweating in the second half. The officiating may not have been good, but it was even.

I for one am tired of driving to Pikeville for the Region. It is not fair to for the business of Pikeville to get a lock on this. Lets move it around again. Fair is fair.

Congrats to Ian Welch, you have starred in many big time football and basketball playoff games. You are one of the top players in the state in both football and basketball. IMO the best player on the floor tonight. Good luck to you in the future.

Post like this are make you look bad.

What better venue in the regioon than the Expo. Ask the players and they enjoy the atmosphere that it provides. Unless you are from Lawrence you got no gripe about the drive, it is 40 minutes max to anywhere else and mostly 4 lane.
Congrats valley on the W... The officiating was not the worst, but was allowed to be somewhat to physical. No need for either team to complain. Congrats to coach m and the JC players for a great effort as well.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:No, I was sitting right behind the valley bench the first half and these boys were worried.

Yet they still won by 18 points. I'm sure SV was surprised to be trailing at the half, but they stayed composed and completely controlled the second half. Taylor Newsome and Elisha Justice both played very well in the 3rd quarter, and Logan Bryant did a nice job of handling the ball in the 4th...
i live in pburg and I still dont like to drive to pikeville but i dont complain when im home.....on weeknights i drive from georgetown so i would like it to be closer to pburg bc its about 3 hours from gtown...........anyways ian did play really well tonight!!!!
way to show heart eagles
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next