•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 75 - Johnson Central 57
didn't call enough against JC???????????? good grief....SV's big lead came from them standing at the free throw line. The refs had no clue what a jump-stop was and the one ref called anything the SV coach told him to. I don't see how SV can even remotely complain bc JC barely shot free-throws compared to them. The first half was called really well and you see what the score was at the half.
SwildcatV Wrote:you are pothetic. there is no way that was over the back. for 1 curby was in front of him. and for 2 when he went up 32 slid under him.

Also, Bratton did not intend to hurt anyone, people have lost the concept of basic basketball skills (ie blocking out) and when a player goes over top of another like that it is over the back
gtowntiger Wrote:didn't call enough against JC???????????? good grief....SV's big lead came from them standing at the free throw line. The refs had no clue what a jump-stop was and the one ref called anything the SV coach told him to. I don't see how SV can even remotely complain bc JC barely shot free-throws compared to them. The first half was called really well and you see what the score was at the half.

Almost 20 of those free throws came when JC started fouling with over 2:00 left and SV already with a 14-15 point lead. The lead went up 3 or 4 points because of free throws. It wasn't like the refs were just calling fouls on JC in those 2 minutes. They were putting SV on the line on purpose. Also, SV shot around 50% from the line. 50% on free throws definitely wasn't what extended the lead.
gtowntiger Wrote:please learn to spell correctly: its pathetic, first of all.
Also, Bratton did not intend to hurt anyone, people have lost the concept of basic basketball skills (ie blocking out) and when a player goes over top of another like that it is over the back

Like many SV fans have stated earlier, it didn't look like Bratton did it on purpose, but it definitely wasn't over the back. Curby had the inside position with JC shooting free throws. How was he over the back? If it was on the other end it would have been. Bratton spun around him and as Curby came down with the ball, Bratton rolled around under him.
gtowntiger Wrote:didn't call enough against JC???????????? good grief....SV's big lead came from them standing at the free throw line. The refs had no clue what a jump-stop was and the one ref called anything the SV coach told him to. I don't see how SV can even remotely complain bc JC barely shot free-throws compared to them. The first half was called really well and you see what the score was at the half.

I don't know what game you were watching, but it apparently wasn't the one between SV and JC Saturday at the Expo. SV's big lead did NOT come from standing at the foul line, it came from then starting to make shots and their defense causing JC to commit turnovers.

SV only started to pile up free throws the last 2-3 minutes, when JC began to foul them every possesion. So the only one to blame for SV shooting all those free throws is the JC coaching staff.

If anything, free throws were the only thing that kept the lead from getting any bigger for SV. Due to all the fouls called on Valley, JC got into the bonus very quickly in each half, and JC made a living at the foul line (although I have to give them credit, they were knocking them down like a good team should).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FOX SPORTS Wrote:There is a difference in physical play and football.
SV won the game in spite of playing five versus six as one official should have had gold and black stripes instead of white.
One of the most obviously slanted officiating "jobs" I have seen in 25 years.

Here is my thoughts after watching an exciting 3 quarters of basketball. Instead of black it should have been blue. Why do refs seem to allow higher profile players to reach and hand check more than others? If half of the reach ins were called, Valley would have had to start pulling fans out the stands to finish the game.
Now What Wrote:Here is my thoughts after watching an exciting 3 quarters of basketball. Instead of black it should have been blue. Why do refs seem to allow higher profile players to reach and hand check more than others? If half of the reach ins were called, Valley would have had to start pulling fans out the stands to finish the game.

I agree completely!!!
I have watched Valley play 4 times this year and have never seen EJ struggle as much as he did in this game. Sure he scored 20 ,but how many turnovers did he have vrs. assists? I seen at least 3 turnovers ,no assists. Seemed to me that his shot was off as well, the only way he could score consistently was slashing to the goal. He also could not contain Welch (who plays 3 sports)not 1. I think that the Bryant kid is way underrated. Maybe its all of the marketing that is done for Justice. I noticed the clock when Justice went out with 4 fouls, I thought JC would make a little run. With Logan running the point Valley extended the lead by 16 at one point. But anyways congrats to SV.
Now What Wrote:Here is my thoughts after watching an exciting 3 quarters of basketball. Instead of black it should have been blue. Why do refs seem to allow higher profile players to reach and hand check more than others? If half of the reach ins were called, Valley would have had to start pulling fans out the stands to finish the game.
And if half of the push offs, hand checks, and forearm shivers were called JC wouln't have had enough to finish the first half. BTW reaching in is not a foul if there is no contact...even Coach McKenzie said Valley's guards had the quickest hands they had ever played against. Quick hands, lots of steals...not necesarily a foul.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:And if half of the push offs, hand checks, and forearm shivers were called JC wouln't have had enough to finish the first half. BTW reaching in is not a foul if there is no contact...even Coach McKenzie said Valley's guards had the quickest hands they had ever played against. Quick hands, lots of steals...not necesarily a foul.

Thats just the way I seen the game and my 2 cents worth. I didnt care if Valley beat JC by 50. SV would be the best bet for the 15th this year to make some noise at Rupp.
Now What Wrote:Thats just the way I seen the game and my 2 cents worth. I didnt care if Valley beat JC by 50. SV would be the best bet for the 15th this year to make some noise at Rupp.
I saw it one way, you "seen" it another....it's ok to disagree.
Now What Wrote:I have watched Valley play 4 times this year and have never seen EJ struggle as much as he did in this game. Sure he scored 20 ,but how many turnovers did he have vrs. assists? I seen at least 3 turnovers ,no assists. Seemed to me that his shot was off as well, the only way he could score consistently was slashing to the goal. He also could not contain Welch (who plays 3 sports)not 1. I think that the Bryant kid is way underrated. Maybe its all of the marketing that is done for Justice. I noticed the clock when Justice went out with 4 fouls, I thought JC would make a little run. With Logan running the point Valley extended the lead by 16 at one point. But anyways congrats to SV.

This post is a complete joke. I guess Booher is the master marketing genius if he can reach Arkansas and Florida from tiny little Virgie KY. If you watched Valley 4 times then you know you are way off base. You guys dont want to believe that Ian is not as good as Justice. I will say this Welch is the better Football player and Justice cant hold a light to him on the football field, of course he doesnt play football.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I never said JC didn't play well, but you're on here cracking jokes on Valley's defense.

My original quote:
Someone just called me that lives in Indiana and they said they were talking to one of their cousins in Floyd County and they were listening to the game on the radio. They said that they could here the slaps on the JC players hands through the phone line and radio signal, so the refs have to be horrible!!!!!
He also said he thought 32 undercut him on purpose!!!!!

Can't we all get along?

Great job valley and central on a well played game.
Once again, I hope all is well with the sv player. But, I really don't think it was personal. Simple accident.

Sorry I offended you or any SV posters. As you can read my original post I was poking fun @ both sides. Trying to say, everyone just appreciate a great game that most of us saw instead of breaking down every minute of the game that could be interpreted differently depending what color glasses (or contacts) you are wearing.:igiveup:
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)