Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the loudest GYMS in the 15th.
I would have to say that our GYM can get pretty loud when our fans come out and fill it up.
Prestonsburg was pretty crazy when they had the region there. I couldn't even here myself talk.

SV was pretty loud last year at region also.
Year in year out Paintsville (The Bread Box) has the loudest gym. The gym is so small that all the sound is multiplied, and they always seem to have a very enthusastic crowd.
JCHS is one of the loudest i think....Paintsville and Pburg would have to be up there as well
Paintsville... it gets crazy in there... and it is always so HOTT !! It got pretty loud at SV during regionals, its also pretty loud at AC
...not trying to be a homer either, but even O.J. Mayo said it was like playing at Cameron Indoor (for those who don't know, Duke's arena)
last year in the 58yh district finals at BLHS it was pretty loud when SF and P-burg played....so i'd say that PHS and SF's gym's can get pretty loud...
I agree with you raiders_basketball. SF always has the fans to make any gym loud. P-burg does the same. Another school in the 15th that has the fans to make any gym loud would have to be AC.
o and i left out 1 thing that is y they call us the HI HAT CRAZIES!!!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!
Paintsville's gym "the pit" gets pretty loud
JCHS is the loudest gym. We shake Paintsville
"raiders_basketball" Wrote:o and i left out 1 thing that is y they call us the HI HAT CRAZIES!!!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!
I agree r-b. Things do get crazy up there.
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:Paintsville... it gets crazy in there...

And violent.....:fight: :eek: Wink
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:And violent.....:fight: :eek: Wink
true....true....LC is very violent too. I recall LC fans started to attack Tyler Whitaker and Tony Hatfield last year.
Paintsville has the loudest gym hands down. Its very hard to come in there and make it through a game its so hot and loud let alone get a win there.
The Tribe at East Ridge gets rocking during tourneys.

Both years that we won district and the one regional title year the gyms were playing in were sooooo loud that you couldn't hear the person standing beside of you.
This is the way i see it:

1. Panitsville--beacause so small and its always sold out
2. Johnson Central--because of sucessful football season
3. Prestonsburg--Student section is WILD !!!
4. South Floyd--Because its the only sport there any good at
5. Belfry--Because of new school
6. Shelby Valley--Defending 15th region champs !!!
7. Pikeville/Sheldon Clark--They like there sports
8. Allen Central--They are going to have a bad season ! but the fans in martin are still going to go to games bc there is nothing else to do.
I wish i could say every game is loud for Pikeville, but it seems like the fans only show up at the big games (ex. Pike Central or District Tourny) but trust me when they are there it usually gets pretty loud
I remember they used to be real loud, not so much anymore though
"blackcat_student" Wrote:This is the way i see it:

1. Panitsville--beacause so small and its always sold out
2. Johnson Central--because of sucessful football season
3. Prestonsburg--Student section is WILD !!!
4. South Floyd--Because its the only sport there any good at
5. Belfry--Because of new school
6. Shelby Valley--Defending 15th region champs !!!
7. Pikeville/Sheldon Clark--They like there sports
8. Allen Central--They are going to have a bad season ! but the fans in martin are still going to go to games bc there is nothing else to do.
I disagree with you, only about South Floyd. South Floyd is good in other sports besides basketball. The past 2 years the football team made the playoffs. This year they had a young team. They will get better. The Volleyball team made the regions this year. No other volleyball team in SF's history has ever accomplished that. And our Basketball team will be dominate also. But this is getting off topic. Good Luck To All The Teams!!
"candy_cane_17" Wrote:I disagree with you, only about South Floyd. South Floyd is good in other sports besides basketball. The past 2 years the football team made the playoffs. This year they had a young team. They will get better. The Volleyball team made the regions this year. No other volleyball team in SF's history has ever accomplished that. And our Basketball team will be dominate also. But this is getting off topic. Good Luck To All The Teams!!

You are right, but SF will never be a football school, stick to basketball.
"candy_cane_17" Wrote:And our Basketball team will be dominate also

They'll be decent, but not dominating...

and oh yeah...Paintsville has the loudest gym in the 15th
"thetribe" Wrote:The Tribe at East Ridge gets rocking during tourneys.

Both years that we won district and the one regional title year the gyms were playing in were sooooo loud that you couldn't hear the person standing beside of you.
I remember those games.......... Crazy
I think JC's is right up there with the best of them when it comes to getting loud.
"LOST_ARTIFACT" Wrote:I remember those games.......... Crazy

Indeed they were. Now if we could only do good in districts this year and have a crowd like that again. I am hoping to have a rocking Tribe section at lots of games. I don't think that I will get to see it much during regular season but against Shelby Valley and Pikeville, it might surprise people.
Paintsville, East Ridge, and Shelby Valley.
I think the dome is pretty loud when last year in the regular season when SF and BL played and it went into over time it was crazy
Yeah the dome was rocking that night, rubberbandman, i was there too. It was insane!
Prestonsburg
Paintsville Hands Down!!
Prestonsburg Has the loudest...!!!
I still say that Paintsville's is the loudest because of how small it is. Johnson Central has a loud gym when Paintsville is playing there.