Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Coach resigns
Amanda Collins has resigned her coaching position at BHS. Good luck to her in whatever she chooses from here on out.

With this hire we shall see if the Belfry administration is serious about girls basketball, as this position should have a lot of applicants and the program has a a lot of tradition and talent in the pipeline.
anyone have potential ideas on who they would hire?
PHS#1 Wrote:anyone have potential ideas on who they would hire?

Question is what direction do they go?

Established, veteran coach or young up and coming coach.

I think experience is a MUST though, someone who has been a girls/boys basketball HC or an asst. with 3-4 years on a high school bench.

This hire determines the next 4-8 years of the program.
does anyone know why she resigned?
Look for the boys coach to do the same.
East Ridge, Phelps, and Belfry will all have new coaches.
Who might be next in line?
Faith Wrote:East Ridge, Phelps, and Belfry will all have new coaches.

What makes you think the bolded, highlighted "new" coach status will happen here??
AND are you talking just girls?

Also, I heard today that Rick Mounts will be the coach at BHS for the girls next season.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
PHELPS?

What are you talking about?
PHS#1 Wrote:PHELPS?

What are you talking about?

That's what I was asking about. I'd like to know exactly what type of information the poster has on Phelps. If any, I would personally like to hear it!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
It's possible that Spears is leaving ER but as far as replacement goes, I haven't got a clue.
East RIdge is looking at the girl that helped them. Phelps girls coach will be going to the boys. Belfry will have a new girls coach, and a new boys coach which might be the Phelps boy's coach.
It is one of those things that she knew was coming. The program was at its top when she took it over and continued to get worse over the years. I am not saying it is her, but sometimes a coach is not a good fit for some positions. She had zero experience. I hope that everything works out for her.
Faith Wrote:East RIdge is looking at the girl that helped them. Phelps girls coach will be going to the boys. Belfry will have a new girls coach, and a new boys coach which might be the Phelps boy's coach.

I doubt your information about Phelps. I don't see the boys coach leaving due to it's his boy's senior year playing at Phelps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Who do they have coming back?
Does it make since for JR to stay with the girls? He didn't even put in any time with the young kids.

YOU WILL SEE!
Faith Wrote:Who do they have coming back?

I know this is off topic, but Phelps boys only lost 2 people this year.

As for the girl's, I have no clue about that, but I don't see JR leaving.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
PHS1986, you are correct. Rick Mounts will be the next BHS Girls' Basketball coach. He announced it to the girls Wednesday or Thursday.

Stiltner reported to the girls "Family Reasons" for resigning, but IMO she was forced out. Unless my sources are incorrect, this is the first season since BHS has had girls' basketball that they have not reached the regional tournament. The fact that she had trouble last year, two girls transfer, two girls sit out and the trouble that she had this year led administration to make a move, IMO.
Faith Wrote:East RIdge is looking at the girl that helped them. Phelps girls coach will be going to the boys. Belfry will have a new girls coach, and a new boys coach which might be the Phelps boy's coach.

I don't think she is head coach material and that would be a bad move on ER's part. I also don't see JR going anywhere.
Faith Wrote:Look for the boys coach to do the same.

Coach Casey will be the HC at BHS for as long as he wants.
Not putting too much stock in what Faith says. I don't think Campbell is leaving the Phelps boys as next year is his son's senior year. I also don't see VanHoose leaving, though I could be wrong!

Good luck to Coach Stiltner in whatever she does next! I saw her team steadily improve over the course of the year and, personally, think she did a better job than she is credited for!
Thanks for putting me in the rumor mill again! I am NOT leaving my position as girls head coach! I have no interest in coaching any other place or even in a boys job at this time. I WILL be back with the girls next season, contrary to what Faith says!! Hope this settles my position for everyone!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Thanks for putting me in the rumor mill again! I am NOT leaving my position as girls head coach! I have no interest in coaching any other place or even in a boys job at this time. I WILL be back with the girls next season, contrary to what Faith says!! Hope this settles my position for everyone!!

There you have it folks. Straight from the horse's mouth. And with a season like this gentleman just had, why would he go anywhere?!?
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Thanks for putting me in the rumor mill again! I am NOT leaving my position as girls head coach! I have no interest in coaching any other place or even in a boys job at this time. I WILL be back with the girls next season, contrary to what Faith says!! Hope this settles my position for everyone!!

Thanks for clearning that up for us Coach! :Thumbs:
Amanda is a good friend of mine and i know she will be great at whatever she does just sorry that it did not work out for her and Belfry.
PHS95 Wrote:Thanks for clearning that up for us Coach! :Thumbs:

No problem, just hate the old "rumor mill" and the questions that always accompany it. This is a thread about Coach Collins and somehow I get pulled into it. Just makes you wonder where some people get their info. from!!
^^ Most of it is made up, if you want to know the truth!
i wish noone would talk unless they know for a fact what they are saying..it causes confusion and rumors
PHS95 Wrote:^^ Most of it is made up, if you want to know the truth!

I know. You know the thing that gets me is that people can get on computers and have screen names where no one knows who they are then can talk about players and coaches with reckless abandon. I just wish people would remember the players are just kids and shouldn't even be put down at all. The coaches are adults, yes they should be able to handle some criticism, but when it is unfounded or rumors and gossip, that just makes no sense at all to me. I mean, why get on here and put out rumors with no substantial support and want everyone to believe it is the truth. I think it should be like writing college papers, you must cite your sources and prove your "theories" rather than just spit out rumors, gossip, or "half-truths."
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I know. You know the thing that gets me is that people can get on computers and have screen names where no one knows who they are then can talk about players and coaches with reckless abandon. I just wish people would remember the players are just kids and shouldn't even be put down at all. The coaches are adults, yes they should be able to handle some criticism, but when it is unfounded or rumors and gossip, that just makes no sense at all to me. I mean, why get on here and put out rumors with no substantial support and want everyone to believe it is the truth. I think it should be like writing college papers, you must cite your sources and prove your "theories" rather than just spit out rumors, gossip, or "half-truths."

Preach it.