Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top girls teams in the mts.
Who do you think will be the teams to beat next year in middle school ball.
R-13
R-14
R-15
R-16

If you have responce,list team and maybe a few of the top players.:thanks
I Know The Hindman Jackets From Knott Were Pretty Good, They Had Paige Slone (Who Just Passed 1000 Points In High School As An 8th Grader), Also Reagan King, Shes A Great Player Also, In Addition Kennedy King IMO Is One Of The Best Defensive Players Around
I here she might stay back (Slone). If so they should be a very good team. What about the King girls? What grade will they be in?
15th would def. have to be the Sheldon Clark Lady Cards, I think they only lose one starter, and should have the best player in the mts with Carla Booth.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:I here she might stay back (Slone). If so they should be a very good team. What about the King girls? What grade will they be in?
All of Hindman's A Team starters last year were 8th graders. They will be losing R. King, M. Adams, P. Slone, K. King, H. Ratliff, K. Thacker, H. Champion and C. Caudill.
pkhall Wrote:All of Hindman's A Team starters last year were 8th graders. They will be losing R. King, M. Adams, P. Slone, K. King, H. Ratliff, K. Thacker, H. Champion and C. Caudill.

This being the case,without alarge number of hold backs they would be in a total rebuilding year. When I posted this thread I thought they would be a lot of people who would want to get some of their girls schools and names out there in the public eye . This is your high school team to be. I watched a middle school tour. at Clay county last year and Corbin played with alot of 7th grade kids.They had 2 twins that was very good. I dont know their names. Any info on who they are?
Based on last season's 7th grade results I would assume Pikeville, Dorton, and Elkhorn would be the best in Pike County next season. I know Pikeville has Rachel Potter and Rachel Smith returning from their varsity to go along with their 7th graders. We started 2 7th graders and a 6th grader last season on the 8th grade team, plus our top two subs were 7th graders. I am not sure about the players from Elkhorn.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Based on last season's 7th grade results I would assume Pikeville, Dorton, and Elkhorn would be the best in Pike County next season. I know Pikeville has Rachel Potter and Rachel Smith returning from their varsity to go along with their 7th graders. We started 2 7th graders and a 6th grader last season on the 8th grade team, plus our top two subs were 7th graders. I am not sure about the players from Elkhorn.

I think I saw Dorton play last year. Did you play at clay last year or maybe at Union's team camp?
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:I think I saw Dorton play last year. Did you play at clay last year or maybe at Union's team camp?

We played at Clay, but our best player was out. We started 1 8th grader, 3 7th graders, and a 6th grader. Our best player came back the next week.
16th probably Verity Middle they won their conference 7th grade last year. East Middle or Verity will have the best 7th grade team East 6th was undefeated with only two games to a team from Ashland to stay within 10 of them.
16BBall Fan Wrote:16th probably Verity Middle they won their conference 7th grade last year. East Middle or Verity will have the best 7th grade team East 6th was undefeated with only two games to a team from Ashland to stay within 10 of them.

Don't forget about Rose Hill 8th grade team next season. They split with Verity last year.
Last year in 7th, Boyd beat Rose Hill by 20 points, and without all starters, lost to East Carter by 1 point , and lost to Verity by 6 points. A starter from Rose Hill's 7th grade team has already transferred to Boyd.
From what i have found out.

R-13
Clay Middle
Corbin Middle
Knox Middle
Harlan Co.- Cawood
Black Mt.

R-15
Pikeville
Dorton
Elkhorn

R-16
Verity Middle
Rose Hill

R-14
I have no info.
Iwould like to think that Leslie,Breathitt,Letcher,Knott,Hazard will have a at least 1 or2 good teams.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:From what i have found out.

R-13
Clay Middle
Corbin Middle
Knox Middle
Harlan Co.- Cawood
Black Mt.

R-15
Pikeville
Dorton
Elkhorn

R-16
Verity Middle
Rose Hill

R-14
I have no info.
Iwould like to think that Leslie,Breathitt,Letcher,Knott,Hazard will have a at least 1 or2 good teams.
Looks like I need to add in Boyd!
The Pikeville and Dorton games next year will be interesting. I am looking forward to see the girls play. They will be very competitive games.
Dallas Wrote:Last year in 7th, Boyd beat Rose Hill by 20 points, and without all starters, lost to East Carter by 1 point , and lost to Verity by 6 points. A starter from Rose Hill's 7th grade team has already transferred to Boyd.

How does Rose Hill beat Verity and lose to Boyd Co by 20?
Boyd's point guard outscored the entire Rose Hill team.

R-13
Clay Middle
Corbin Middle
Knox Middle
Harlan Co.- Cawood
Black Mt.

R-15
Pikeville
Dorton
Elkhorn

R-16
Verity Middle
Rose Hill

R-14
I have no info.

I agree with your list.

R-13
Clay Middle
Corbin Middle
Knox Middle
Harlan Co.- Cawood
Black Mt.

R-15
Pikeville
Dorton
Elkhorn

R-16
Verity Middle
Rose Hill

R-14
I have no info.

I would add Martin County, Johnson County, Allen Central, and Magoffin County to the 15th region list.
Dorton Wildcat 5 help me out. Is Magoffin Herald Whitaker middle. You also said Martin County. I Thought Martin County has 2 Middle schools.
Who is the pg for Boyd?
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:Dorton Wildcat 5 help me out. Is Magoffin Herald Whitaker middle. You also said Martin County. I Thought Martin County has 2 Middle schools.

Yes, Herald Whitaker is Magoffin. Martin County has 2 schools, but they combine for basketball. These were the 2 best teams in the 15th region last year in my opinion as both did very well at the KBA.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:Who is the pg for Boyd?

Kylie Lewis is the 7th grade point guard.
Allen Central will be a good team again I think some of the girls are staying back to play at middle again next year. They will be a good team if none of them stay back they won the B-Team tournament last year also. John M Stumbo will be good also and Adams will be.
Not in any order

R-13
Clay
Corbin
Knox
Harlan Co.- Cawood,Black Mt.

R-15
Pikeville
Dorton
Elkhorn

Martin
Johnson
Allen Central
Herald Whitaker

John M Stumbo
Adams

R-16
Verity
Rose Hill
Boyd

R14
NO ONE
Old Blue Wrote:Kylie Lewis is the 7th grade point guard.

Wow it seems like she will compete for some varsity time this year.
Rose Hill beat Ashland, Ashland beat Boyd Co, Boyd Co beats Rose Hill, all this tells me is that it's hard telling what your going to get when your dealing with 11 and 12 year old kids.
I know it is early, would like to keep up with these teams. When you have a schedule of any of these please post.