• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64TH District next year.
With several schools graduating so many key players, how are these teams going to look next year in your opinion? Who might win it again next year.

Ashland

Ashland key departures
Ali Wilcox
Nikisha Farrow
Kim Strait
Jordan Smith

Returning Key players
Paige Leaver
Kaylyn Gambill
Mykal Farris
Chelsea Dietrich
Katelyn Conner
I do believe with the returning kids along with these key players the kittens will repeat as champions of the 64th.

Boyd Co

Boyd Co key departures
Katie Hunter
Mosley Rainey
Catie Wamsley
Shelby Kenser

Returning Key players
Kelly Pope
Kelcie Chaney
Holly Jude
Charlie Roark
I think Boyd Co has just enough offense to place 2nd in the district. They have some nice kids coming up but they won’t make much of a difference.

Rose Hill

Rose Hill key departures
None (according to Khsaa)

Returning Key players
Kayla Day
Maria Friley
They will place 3rd in the district, they have some nice kids coming up as well but just enough help to keep them out of last place.

Fairview

Fairview key departures
Brittany Mills
Megan Johnson
Brandi Mills

Returning Key Players
Casey Dudgeon
They will obviously finish last in the 64th. Loosing the Mills girls is just too much to over come and the younger kids on the team won’t keep them out of last place.

This is my opinion, what is your take?
It is a toss up between Boyd and Ashland. Boyd has several very talented young players.
Good points!

3 out of the 4 schools will not have all of the returning players coming back that was mentioned. Alot can change between now and August.
Who is not returning?
Spring cleaning is about to begin.
MaroonMafia Wrote:With several schools graduating so many key players, how are these teams going to look next year in your opinion? Who might win it again next year.

Ashland

Ashland key departures
Ali Wilcox
Nikisha Farrow
Kim Strait
Jordan Smith

Returning Key players
Paige Leaver
Kaylyn Gambill
Mykal Farris
Chelsea Dietrich
Katelyn Conner
I do believe with the returning kids along with these key players the kittens will repeat as champions of the 64th.

Boyd Co

Boyd Co key departures
Katie Hunter
Mosley Rainey
Catie Wamsley
Shelby Kenser

Returning Key players
Kelly Pope
Kelcie Chaney
Holly Jude
Charlie Roark
I think Boyd Co has just enough offense to place 2nd in the district. They have some nice kids coming up but they won’t make much of a difference.

Rose Hill

Rose Hill key departures
None (according to Khsaa)

Returning Key players
Kayla Day
Maria Friley
They will place 3rd in the district, they have some nice kids coming up as well but just enough help to keep them out of last place.

Fairview

Fairview key departures
Brittany Mills
Megan Johnson
Brandi Mills

Returning Key Players
Casey Dudgeon
They will obviously finish last in the 64th. Loosing the Mills girls is just too much to over come and the younger kids on the team won’t keep them out of last place.

This is my opinion, what is your take?

I can agree with this. I thought that the Jude grill from Boyd Co. quit during this years Districts?
Atticus Wrote:I can agree with this. I thought that the Jude grill from Boyd Co. quit during this years Districts?

I heard that as well. Wow you might need to move them down one.
Atticus Wrote:I can agree with this. I thought that the Jude grill from Boyd Co. quit during this years Districts?

Who that other girl that left Boyd Co?
IMO Ashland will be 3-peat district champions next season, regardless of who transfers in or out. The seniors that will probally make up the majority of the starting line-up are not going anywhere.
kittennation Wrote:IMO Ashland will be 3-peat district champions next season, regardless of who transfers in or out. The seniors that will probally make up the majority of the starting line-up are not going anywhere.

I agree with this 100% and if I can help bring in some more kids just let me know.
MaroonMafia you left off a few players that will help the Kittens. Amy Hanners, Morgan Jones, Julia Heaberlin and Madison Jones. This group of girls can make the kittens go 10 deep next season.
I can see Ashland have a strong hold on the 64th for years to come.
From post #1, the young BC girls that won't make much difference, beat the girls from post #11 by 20 points this year, twice. That is significant, especially since the BC girls were 12 and 13 years old. If they own the court now, imagine when they reach 5'3"...
Old Blue Wrote:From post #1, the young BC girls that won't make much difference, beat the girls from post #11 by 20 points this year, twice. That is significant, especially since the BC girls were 12 and 13 years old. If they own the court now, imagine when they reach 5'3"...

Are you talking about Varsity? BC 0-3 against us this year pal.
American Dream Wrote:MaroonMafia you left off a few players that will help the Kittens. Amy Hanners, Morgan Jones, Julia Heaberlin and Madison Jones. This group of girls can make the kittens go 10 deep next season.

Your right, my bad I just thinking off the top of my head.
I'm referencing Freshman and JV games, which are next year's players and teams. Boyd had young kids playing, who are not varsity players, that beat players Ashland has on the varsity roster this year.
Old Blue Wrote:I'm referencing Freshman and JV games, which are next year's players and teams. Boyd had young kids playing, who are not varsity players, that beat players Ashland has on the varsity roster this year.

These "young" players you're talking about beating Ashland's Freshman and JV teams, how did they fair against Verity's teams, girls their own age? I know that answer as Boyd won ZERO of the games against Verity... Future does indeed look bright for the Kittens!!!
Big Ugly Wrote:These "young" players you're talking about beating Ashland's Freshman and JV teams, how did they fair against Verity's teams, girls their own age? I know that answer as Boyd won ZERO of the games against Verity... Future does indeed look bright for the Kittens!!!

Well said BU :igiveup:
I don't understand that comment...they were beaten at the high school level, but are better because they won in middle school?
Old Blue Wrote:I'm referencing Freshman and JV games, which are next year's players and teams. Boyd had young kids playing, who are not varsity players, that beat players Ashland has on the varsity roster this year.

You better check the score book BC had several varsity players playing JV.
Ashland's dominance will continue for years to come. I have already been scouting players in the YBA (5 year olds -8 year olds) at both the Huntington and Ashland YMCA. I know how to spot talented kids at an early age and I will make strong little kittens out of them.
With two 16th region all-tournament players returning (Connor, Dietrich) plus 7 of there top 10 plaers coming back , I would say Ashland is just reloading and should have another good year. Summer work will be very important to the Kittens.
Luther Rackley Wrote:With two 16th region all-tournament players returning (Connor, Dietrich) plus 7 of there top 10 plaers coming back , I would say Ashland is just reloading and should have another good year. Summer work will be very important to the Kittens.

Name a team in the state that summer work won't be important to. Especially in the 16th region.
I was just informed about some kids that might not be back in the maroon uniforms. Very discouraging news to start off my day.
Dale Dunnette Wrote:I was just informed about some kids that might not be back in the maroon uniforms. Very discouraging news to start off my day.

Who are they? Let me guess, you don't want to say. I can assure you that everyone is coming back. Nice try
Dale Dunnette Wrote:I was just informed about some kids that might not be back in the maroon uniforms. Very discouraging news to start off my day.

Care to elaborate or are you just stirring the pot?????
Imposter is back! Keep wishing
kybasketballfan Wrote:Imposter is back! Keep wishing

Where's the alert signal.
Dale Dunnette Wrote:Where's the alert signal.

Where's the info????????
The Kittens will be missing 5 players next season!
  • 1(current)
  • Next