Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montebello High School In California
I looked this up and it really did happen in 2006.

This is ridiculous- call me racist, call me whatever, but this is why our country's going to **** in a handbasket:

[B]I guess they already finished their English homework!!!
[/B]
[B]Montebello[/B][B] High School in California
[/B]
[B]You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the frontpage of the NY Times,
nor on the lead story of the major news networks.
The protestors at Montebello High School took the American flag
off the school's flag pole and hung it upside down
while putting up the Mexican flag over it.
[/B]
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Still no attachement BFritz
I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington . The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.
Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be 'redistributed' to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the 'fray'. Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person at a time CAN make a difference.
[B]
[/B][B]One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one . . .
[/B][B]
[/B][B]If this ticks YOU off . . . PASS IT ON![/B]
[B][/B]
It's not letting me post the two other pictures.
huh. I see it!
This is ridicolous!
This isn't racist either way you look at it.

It is however Mexican Nationalism which doesn't belong in America.
DevilsWin Wrote:This isn't racist either way you look at it.

It is however Mexican Nationalism which doesn't belong in America.

Why are they even in America if they're Mexican Nationalists?
BFritz Wrote:Why are they even in America if they're Mexican Nationalists?
Because there isn't any $$ to be made in Mexico.
DevilsWin Wrote:Because there isn't any $$ to be made in Mexico.

So they're saying "we love Mexico!! There just isn't any money there so we're going to come to this ****ty country, make money, get government aid from your evil government, and send it back to this amazing country that has no money!!"?
What a joke..
There probably all illegal aliens so who cares what they think. I say make them pack their bags and make them go back to their beloved mexico.
Im not racist at all, but this really ticks me off. Send those people back to mexico.
Totally agree! Surely something can be done about this! Can't believe it happened in the first place!
If these mexicans want to stay in and take jobs away from americans then the least they could do is show some **** respect. I know this country is land of the free and all that but my God, when do we finally say enough is enough. Americans can't get jobs because of all these foreigners taking them for half the pay, and they don't even pay freaking taxes..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:If these mexicans want to stay in and take jobs away from americans then the least they could do is show some **** respect. I know this country is land of the free and all that but my God, when do we finally say enough is enough. Americans can't get jobs because of all these foreigners taking them for half the pay, and they don't even pay freaking taxes..
Yup guys be worried their taking all the jobs at the Mexican restaurants their stealing them from you. be enraged :lmao:
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:Yup guys be worried their taking all the jobs at the Mexican restaurants their stealing them from you. be enraged :lmao:

I never get why people say they are taking our jobs either. The only jobs i ever see mexicans doing are manual labor jobs that we americans frown upon doing such as roofing, planting flowers in public places, picking fruits and vegtables, and cleaning stalls in horse barns. It's not like they are taking away Doctor's and Lawyer's jobs, or other high paying or middle class jobs.
I posted this when it happened. I would have loved to be there. Rock some highschoolers heads...
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I never get why people say they are taking our jobs either. The only jobs i ever see mexicans doing are manual labor jobs that we americans frown upon doing such as roofing, planting flowers in public places, picking fruits and vegtables, and cleaning stalls in horse barns. It's not like they are taking away Doctor's and Lawyer's jobs, or other high paying or middle class jobs.

Exactly i just lmao every time i hear somebody whining about illegals stealing our jobs. i don't in anyway condone illegal immigration but i don't think they take away jobs. Becuase like you said they take jobs we wouldn't do in the first place. :Thumbs:
vundy33 Wrote:I posted this when it happened. I would have loved to be there. Rock some highschoolers heads...

yeah they would've got a mouthful from me. i hate how everybody thinks we have to learn Spanish to accommodate them when their coming to OUR country
vundy33 Wrote:I posted this when it happened. I would have loved to be there. Rock some highschoolers heads...
:lmao: You would have! For sure!:ChairHit:
I am not racist either, but I really am angry over that.
When stationed overseas, listening to Armed Services Radio, do America soldiers cheer for the US when playing Germany in Olympic basketball? If they did, is this American nationalism? In the World Baseball Classic, should American citizens of Japanese descent have cheered for Japan against the US? Is this Japanese nationalism? Does anybody care that the Constitution is the core document of America? Not the opinion of the majority?
thecavemaster Wrote:When stationed overseas, listening to Armed Services Radio, do America soldiers cheer for the US when playing Germany in Olympic basketball? If they did, is this American nationalism? In the World Baseball Classic, should American citizens of Japanese descent have cheered for Japan against the US? Is this Japanese nationalism? Does anybody care that the Constitution is the core document of America? Not the opinion of the majority?
If I understand your post, you're taking the situation out of context and trying to use irrelevant examples to prove a different point.

American soldiers being stationed overseas and cheering for the US isn't anywhere near the same thing as people moving this country to take advantage of our country's benefits, or doing it illegally to wrongly reap the benefits. Also, when cheering for our team, do we take the symbol of their country and put ours above it?

The Constitution is the core of America, and American citizens, NOT MEXICAN, so if they want to be here, fine, but then become AMERICAN and respect the country that you take advantage of.
[quote=BFritz]If I understand your post, you're taking the situation out of context and trying to use irrelevant examples to prove a different point.

American soldiers being stationed overseas and cheering for the US isn't anywhere near the same thing as people moving this country to take advantage of our country's benefits, or doing it illegally to wrongly reap the benefits. Also, when cheering for our team, do we take the symbol of their country and put ours above it?

The Constitution is the core of America, and American citizens, NOT MEXICAN, so if they want to be here, fine, but then become AMERICAN and respect the country that you take advantage of.[/quote

Look, I find their "protest" fairly offensive. I am more questioning the line of "nationalism" as opposed to pride in one's ancestry or heritage. I would like to know more of the background, the ethnic relations of the school to understand why they did it.
thecavemaster Wrote:Look, I find their "protest" fairly offensive. I am more questioning the line of "nationalism" as opposed to pride in one's ancestry or heritage. I would like to know more of the background, the ethnic relations of the school to understand why they did it.

I don't go to the schools in the area, lower the flag, and put a German or Irish flag over it, in fact, when was the last time that anyone did that? If they have pride in their ancestry or heritage, then why are they even here? Why not just stay there or go back?

I'm not starting a fight or anything, I'm just saying that this is wrong, any way you spin it.
BFritz Wrote:I don't go to the schools in the area, lower the flag, and put a German or Irish flag over it, in fact, when was the last time that anyone did that? If they have pride in their ancestry or heritage, then why are they even here? Why not just stay there or go back?

I'm not starting a fight or anything, I'm just saying that this is wrong, any way you spin it.

I disagree that a Japanese-American needs to leave pride in heritage and ancestry behind to be a "good" American. To me, it isn't spin to have questions about the event. A guy may be mad at a girl and punch a wall. The gesture is directed at the girl, not the wall. I'm just wondering if the action wasn't directed in response to some sort of ethnic tension or something.
thecavemaster Wrote:When stationed overseas, listening to Armed Services Radio, do America soldiers cheer for the US when playing Germany in Olympic basketball? If they did, is this American nationalism? In the World Baseball Classic, should American citizens of Japanese descent have cheered for Japan against the US? Is this Japanese nationalism? Does anybody care that the Constitution is the core document of America? Not the opinion of the majority?

Wow. Just wow. How out of touch are you? Not to make it personal but really. When I'm over seas cheering for American teams its a show of pride. That has nothing to do with this. This is a show of disrespect.
Matman Wrote:Wow. Just wow. How out of touch are you? Not to make it personal but really. When I'm over seas cheering for American teams its a show of pride. That has nothing to do with this. This is a show of disrespect.

I wasn't trying to say that cheering for US teams while overseas is showing nationalism. I'm just not sure that the teens who did this flag thing were being nationalistic...or just being offensive to try to even some score or something. Plus, I don't find it offensive if, say, Japanese-Americans cheer for Japan over America in, say, World Baseball Tournament or something.
thecavemaster Wrote:I wasn't trying to say that cheering for US teams while overseas is showing nationalism. I'm just not sure that the teens who did this flag thing were being nationalistic...or just being offensive to try to even some score or something. Plus, I don't find it offensive if, say, Japanese-Americans cheer for Japan over America in, say, World Baseball Tournament or something.

Rather you find it offensive or not its still illegal and a slap in the face. If they were being respectfull to their own country then they would have flown it at equal height. Ignorance is no excuse.
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:Yup guys be worried their taking all the jobs at the Mexican restaurants their stealing them from you. be enraged :lmao:

Thats a little racist isn't it. If not its at least stereotyping. I work with plenty of hipanic workers that aren't waiting tables. I know of alot more that make good money in middle management and management postitions. All the ones i know came here legaly though. I have no problem with that. Maybe its because you have not found your way into the business world yet.