•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69
jetpilot Wrote:I say Elliott wins 7 out of 10 when SV goes 9-34 in the first half and Elliott shoots 40 free throws. When those things don't happen I say SV wins 7-10.
Elliott deserved the win tonight but if SV isn't ice cold they win.

I don't really care who is best, tonight it was Elliott in the greatest show in hoops. And maybe Valley was so cold because of the Lions D.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I don't really care who is best, tonight it was Elliott in the greatest show in hoops. And maybe Valley was so cold because of the Lions D.

Nobody is debating that Elliott wasn't better tonight.
PC_You_Know Wrote:OMG, FBALL has to be the most biased Staff member on this site. First he, OF COURSE, is the one to start this thread, then he brings up the debate of who is better, and he states the debate is over, get over it FBALL, you're a hater, you are jealous of what Valley has, the series is split 1-1 and will never be untied, end of debate, Valley got them a state title, let's see if Elliott can bring one home to the mountains. Remember, Valley still has another shot to win a state title, Elliott only has this last one.

Probably the least biased.

Yes I started the thread. Glad to do it. I don't hate Shelby Valley.

Sorry but an All-A title is nowhere close to a State Title. You can hang your hat on that if you wish but Elliott County did win on the big stage.
FBALL Wrote:If Shelby Valley gets behind and has to start fouling in the fourth quarter then they would shoot 37 free throws every time.
EC was in the double bonus in the 3rd quarter. you know I really dont care but Valley did split with them this year though.
FBALL Wrote:Probably the least biased.

Sorry but an All-A title is nowhere close to a State Title. You can hang your hat on that if you wish but Elliott County did win on the big stage.

:Clap: so true....lol
Congrats to Valley on a fine season. Best of luck to Elliot County tomorrow and bring home a state title.
Billnz28 Wrote:EC was in the double bonus in the 3rd quarter. you know I really dont care but Valley did split with them this year though.

I believe 21 of Elliott County's free throws came in the fourth quarter after Valley had gotten behind.
jetpilot Wrote:I say Elliott wins 7 out of 10 when SV goes 9-34 from the floor in the first half and Elliott shoots 40 free throws for the game. When those things don't happen I say SV wins 7-10. Elliott deserved the win tonight but if SV isn't ice cold they win.

Seems any time someone takes a lose "its a game of what ifs". EC won tonight when it mattered, in the big dance. Yes SV won the NIT but no matter what excuses anyone can come up with , they will still be watching the final 4 from the bleachers.
Now What Wrote:Seems any time someone takes a lose "its a game of what ifs". EC won tonight when it mattered, in the big dance. Yes SV won the NIT but no matter what excuses anyone can come up with , they will still be watching the final 4 from the bleachers.
and more that likely EC will be beside them watching Holmes in the Finals :yikes:
There is no debate. True fans will always say their team is best, no matter what the outcome is. Us SV fans will always say SV is the best and EC fans will always say they are the best. Nobody else really matters, because if youre a true fan, you won't change your mind. It's really a moot point to argue this.

Congrats to EC, and CONGRATS to the men in blue who have represented the 15th so well all year. They had a heck of a season. I'm looking forward to November already.
:Clap: :Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:OMG, FBALL has to be the most biased Staff member on this site. First he, OF COURSE, is the one to start this thread, then he brings up the debate of who is better, and he states the debate is over, get over it FBALL, you're a hater, you are jealous of what Valley has, the series is split 1-1 and will never be untied, end of debate, Valley got them a state title, let's see if Elliott can bring one home to the mountains. Remember, Valley still has another shot to win a state title, Elliott only has this last one.

I thought you said you didn't care who won and you were no longer asscioiated with SV .:dontthink
Now What Wrote:Seems any time someone takes a lose "its a game of what ifs". EC won tonight when it mattered, in the big dance. Yes SV won the NIT but no matter what excuses anyone can come up with , they will still be watching the final 4 from the bleachers.

NIT...:lmao: THATS ABOUT RIGHT...
FBALL Wrote:I guess the debate is over now.

I agree it should be. SV deserves credit and respect for hangin in there. Both teams played hard but there is little doubt that Elliott is the better team.

And for the DRAW comment Elliott won the game that really mattered the most.:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Billnz28 Wrote:and more that likely EC will be beside them watching Holmes in the Finals :yikes:

I agree. I dont think SV or EC can handle Holmes.
kybaseball Wrote:I agree it should be. SV deserves credit and respect for hangin in there. Both teams played hard but there is little doubt that Elliott is the better team.

And for the DRAW comment Elliott won the game that really mattered the most.:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

I think the Draw comment was becasue each team has beat the other. so the debate rages on
Recznik Wrote:NIT...:lmao: THATS ABOUT RIGHT...

Pretty Funny but that means EC couldnt win the NIT or The SWeet 16 after Holmes shocks the world tomorrow.:biggrin:
Nice try Wildcats
It's funny how the officiating is to blame for a loss. EC may have shot 43 freebies but the refs didn't make any shots for them. It was a good game but the best team won.
Billnz28 Wrote:Pretty Funny but that means EC couldnt win the NIT or The SWeet 16 after Holmes shocks the world tomorrow.:biggrin:

I've said this all this time Scott Co. if not SC than it would be HOLMES...:biggrin:
Billnz28 Wrote:Pretty Funny but that means EC couldnt win the NIT or The SWeet 16 after Holmes shocks the world tomorrow.:biggrin:

Why would it be a shock? How far did Holmes make it last year?:popcorn: One more thing, whos Holmes opponent for tommorrows game? Get over it SV had a good season. Congrat EC.
FBALL Wrote:Probably the least biased.

Shelby Valley is 2A. Big deal they beat a bunch of 1A teams.
Now What Wrote:Why would it be a shock? How far did Holmes make it last year?:popcorn: One more thing, whos Holmes opponent for tommorrows game? Get over it SV had a good season. Congrat EC.

Man I dont care, I could care less who wins If I had been a big fan of any team in the sweet 16 I would have been there, but you guys act like Ec is so much better than Valley and it just isnt so , they are both great team and had two very close games that either team could have one and they split. I do however think Holmes would beat either team that they play with the way they handled LC today.
Congrats to E.C !!!!! Shelby Valley or their fans have nothing to hang their heads about!!! This team has played hard all season and their fans are true fans they support their team win or lose and will argue to the death that their team is better as true fans should!! I know it sucks to lose but TONIGHT EC was better. But I think if they played tomorrow S.V would be better.JMO

CONGRATS S.V AND COACH BOOHER ON A GREAT YEAR!!!!!!!!
Timmy Knipp is going to be a very special player
UkFan23 Wrote:Timmy Knipp is going to be a very special player

I agree with that after watching the last two nights.
Sure FBALL, a All "A" title doesn't mean as much as a sweet 16, but it means a lot when you're comparing to a team without any titles.
As soon as I saw Holmes in the 1st round I said they would win it all. They are very athletic and balanced. Tonight they shot lights out in the 1st half and then the 4th quarter was a dunk fest. 3rd quarter, LC pressure caused a few turnovers some do to good d and others because Holmes got a little careless after being up near 30 at one point in the first.

Good luck to the Lions, I would love to see a mountain team bring the big one home.
FBALL Wrote:Let me put it this way. I made a case for Elliott County to be rated ahead of Valley after the all A. Alot of you didn't like it. But my argument seemed to hold water tonight that Elliott County has a more complete team and didn't have to lean on one player like Shelby Valley.

They are both top 5 teams. But Elliott County is just a little bit better and a more well rounded team.

Lets continue the debate then.

I say if they play 10 times Elliott County wins 7 out of 10.

THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN I THINK IT WOULD BE VALLY 7TO3 #21 SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE BENCH IN THE 1QT I LIKE BOTH BUT VALLY IS THE BEST OF THE TWO TEAMS.
Look when you are ready to bragg so much all year, you just have to be prepared to take it when the brick falls on your head. Valley had a really good team and a very good year. Super kids but.......
Congratulations Elliott Co for a great win.Either way you look at it, they outplayed Shelby Valley tonight.Does that make them the best team? I don't see how you can say that with the one win apiece.Shelby Valley will still have another shot at it next year.Realistically,I don't think that you can say the same for EC. Elisha Justice had a tough tournament shooting percentage wise, but he still played the way that we know that he can and he made up for it in other phases of the game.The game dictated that he must shoot more than normal and he ended up taking shots that he wouldn't normally take, so that caused his percentage to be lower.Taylor Newsome was a beast on the boards.He ended up with 26 rebounds in the 2 games to lead all players in the tournament. Logan Bryant ended up with 15 total rebounds.The Wildcats not having an inside game just really killed their chances tonight.You had a great run Wildcats, and you had just enough success to make you more determined and hungrier next year.You can really build on this if you try.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next