•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69
:worthy: EC
Great game in front of a great crowd!! This was two great teams playing and I hate that one had to lose, like someone said earlier. I do know that I wanted the winner of this game to win it all, and I hope Elliott Co. can pull it off!! Good luck Elliott and congrats to SV on a great season!!
I think it's time for everyone to stop talking about who is the better team and all that stuff. I'm from SV and although it really bothered me that my team lost tonight, it doesn't bother me to say that EC was the better team tonight. What is a recipe for a good team these days? Solid defense, rebounding, making freethrows, hitting clutch shots, and leadership. EC clearly had all that going for them tonight and went out and took care of business. I'm proud of my Wildcats for what they have accomplished this year and look forward to watching them in the future.
PC_You_Know Wrote:OMG, FBALL has to be the most biased Staff member on this site. First he, OF COURSE, is the one to start this thread, then he brings up the debate of who is better, and he states the debate is over, get over it FBALL, you're a hater, you are jealous of what Valley has, the series is split 1-1 and will never be untied, end of debate, Valley got them a state title, let's see if Elliott can bring one home to the mountains. Remember, Valley still has another shot to win a state title, Elliott only has this last one.
This debate goes back to the first meeting at Rupp, which makes it 2 outta 3 for Elliott. And I think I speak for all EC fans when I say, I wouldn't trade Sat. morning in Rupp for a dozen all A titles, and if truth was known you wouldn't either.
courtdog Wrote:THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN I THINK IT WOULD BE VALLY 7TO3 #21 SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE BENCH IN THE 1QT I LIKE BOTH BUT VALLY IS THE BEST OF THE TWO TEAMS.

I mean no disrespect but there is no way SV would beat Elliott 7 out of 10. SV is a good team no doubt about it but Elliott is just a couple of notches better overall.
Justice was impressive tonight he did one heck of a job.
Go Elliott, I'm picking you over Holmes, against some of my SV advisors. I'm going to catch it over this but I thought the intentional foul was a terrible call.
formerwildcat22 Wrote:I think it's time for everyone to stop talking about who is the better team and all that stuff. I'm from SV and although it really bothered me that my team lost tonight, it doesn't bother me to say that EC was the better team tonight. What is a recipe for a good team these days? Solid defense, rebounding, making freethrows, hitting clutch shots, and leadership. EC clearly had all that going for them tonight and went out and took care of business. I'm proud of my Wildcats for what they have accomplished this year and look forward to watching them in the future.

Exactly, Elliott was the better team tonight, Valley played like crap and lost, so what, go at it again next year.
letthebighogroot Wrote:This debate goes back to the first meeting at Rupp, which makes it 2 outta 3 for Elliott. And I think I speak for all EC fans when I say, I wouldn't trade Sat. morning in Rupp for a dozen all A titles, and if truth was known you wouldn't either.

You got that right bighog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon: :Thumbs:

Hey what time is the game in the morning?
10 am
PC_You_Know Wrote:Exactly, Elliott was the better team tonight, Valley played like crap and lost, so what, go at it again next year.

Maybe Elliott had something to do with them playing bad.:biggrin:

It sure does feel good to finaly not to eat crow on here but when I did have to I did it without any excuses.:lmao:
kybaseball Wrote:Maybe Elliott had something to do with them playing bad.:biggrin:

Maybe.
PC_You_Know Wrote:OMG, FBALL has to be the most biased Staff member on this site. First he, OF COURSE, is the one to start this thread, then he brings up the debate of who is better, and he states the debate is over, get over it FBALL, you're a hater, you are jealous of what Valley has, the series is split 1-1 and will never be untied, end of debate, Valley got them a state title, let's see if Elliott can bring one home to the mountains. Remember, Valley still has another shot to win a state title, Elliott only has this last one.

and your not biased , and to correct you it 2 games to 1 elliott co remember 07
ill give credit you won all-a very good but lost two games to us when it counts the most:Clap:
letthebighogroot Wrote:This debate goes back to the first meeting at Rupp, which makes it 2 outta 3 for Elliott. And I think I speak for all EC fans when I say, I wouldn't trade Sat. morning in Rupp for a dozen all A titles, and if truth was known you wouldn't either.
Come on now, If it's Christmas tournament you would want the win. We at SV are proud of the All-A title. We only lost twice to Ky teams this year.
ky wildcats Wrote:and your not biased , and to correct you it 2 games to 1 elliott co remember 07
ill give credit you won all-a very good but lost two games to us when it counts the most:Clap:

Very,very,very true.:flame: :flame:
alleycat53 Wrote:Come on now, If it's Christmas tournament you would want the win. We at SV are proud of the All-A title. We only lost twice to Ky teams this year.

ALL-A what is that?
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:10 am

Thank you for the info.
Congrats Elliott! I like how Elliott showed sportsmanship. The 5 seniors for Elliott really played there hearts out tonight and really deserved the win.
ky wildcats Wrote:and your not biased , and to correct you it 2 games to 1 elliott co remember 07

Tell me something, if you all don't win state, what does the win over Valley get you, nothing. No need to bicker over this anymore.
After the flagrant foul (which I'm still undecided on whether it was intentional or not), I was pleased to see Justice and the other EC player (someone tell me his name) shake hands. This just shows how classy both teams are and the respect they have towards each other.

As for the flagrant foul, I just so happened to watch the play unravel. Justice missed a jumper and the ball was being pushed up the floor. From what I saw, it looked like he was pushed to the floor. However, I don't think the EC player had any intentions of pushing him down. Thoughts?
Also I just want to add a big "I told you so!" I said after the game in Richmond that Valley would not win a rematch, and they didn't. I also said that all the Valley fans on here hyping Justice were going a little overboard and that Faulkner was just as good. Anyone at the game tonight seen Justice jacking up bad shot after bad shot to finish 6 for 29. Had 25 points and 4 assists. His counterpart, got his teammates involved, brought the ball up all night against Justice, and lead his team to victory. Maybe things aren't as clearcut as the Valley fans wanted to believe.........
All the joking aside for a moment Why didn't SV get the ball into Adams? I would assume Knipp was guarding him and he had 2 early fouls. Wouldn't it made sense to pound the ball into him because Knipp had to be careful and not pick up his third in the first half? Was Elliott denying the ball to the post that well?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Tell me something, if you all don't win state, what does the win over Valley get you, nothing. No need to bicker over this anymore.

two wins over bluegrass rivals all time team in the greatest show on earth, hows that and im not bickering
formerwildcat22 Wrote:After the flagrant foul (which I'm still undecided on whether it was intentional or not), I was pleased to see Justice and the other EC player (someone tell me his name) shake hands. This just shows how classy both teams are and the respect they have towards each other.

As for the flagrant foul, I just so happened to watch the play unravel. Justice missed a jumper and the ball was being pushed up the floor. From what I saw, it looked like he was pushed to the floor. However, I don't think the EC player had any intentions of pushing him down. Thoughts?
The Elliott player was Ethan Faulkner, and there is absolutely no way he would push anyone down, their feet got tangled and Justice went down. He and Justice were friends before the game, and I'm sure still are!
letthebighogroot Wrote:Also I just want to add a big "I told you so!" I said after the game in Richmond that Valley would not win a rematch, and they didn't. I also said that all the Valley fans on here hyping Justice were going a little overboard and that Faulkner was just as good. Anyone at the game tonight seen Justice jacking up bad shot after bad shot to finish 6 for 29. Had 25 points and 4 assists. His counterpart, got his teammates involved, brought the ball up all night against Justice, and lead his team to victory. Maybe things aren't as clearcut as the Valley fans wanted to believe.........

ouch
letthebighogroot Wrote:Also I just want to add a big "I told you so!" I said after the game in Richmond that Valley would not win a rematch, and they didn't. I also said that all the Valley fans on here hyping Justice were going a little overboard and that Faulkner was just as good. Anyone at the game tonight seen Justice jacking up bad shot after bad shot to finish 6 for 29. Had 25 points and 4 assists. His counterpart, got his teammates involved, brought the ball up all night against Justice, and lead his team to victory. Maybe things aren't as clearcut as the Valley fans wanted to believe.........

Top 10 BGR post!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
kybaseball Wrote:All the joking aside for a moment Why didn't SV get the ball into Adams? I would assume Knipp was guarding him and he had 2 early fouls. Wouldn't it made sense to pound the ball into him because Knipp had to be careful and not pick up his third in the first half? Was Elliott denying the ball to the post that well?
Knipp done a good job defending him even with the fouls. In the second half Knipp really started to take it to him on the offensive end and they had to get him out of the game.

It's not even about Justice not getting his team involved, he did that the entire first half, 4 points at the half, after half time he realized unless he took over the scoring his team would not have a shot at winning, so he had to put up a lot of shots.
justice is playin aau for ethan this summer poor ref to make that call and the jump balls were called way to quick
kybaseball Wrote:All the joking aside for a moment Why didn't SV get the ball into Adams? I would assume Knipp was guarding him and he had 2 early fouls. Wouldn't it made sense to pound the ball into him because Knipp had to be careful and not pick up his third in the first half? Was Elliott denying the ball to the post that well?

Anybody???????
letthebighogroot Wrote:The Elliott player was Ethan Faulkner, and there is absolutely no way he would push anyone down, their feet got tangled and Justice went down. He and Justice were friends before the game, and I'm sure still are!

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I think the reason I wasn't sure was that his elbow came out some, but probably to brace himself. I've heard alot of good things about the Faulkners so I think it was what you said.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next