Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott's Amburgey
#1ukfan Wrote:The way Megan Mosley played in 07-08 anyone could have had a record like that or even much better. He did have a young team this year, one that was loaded with talent from grade school ranks and instead of improving, many of the players that were good in grade school have gotten worse. There were many times during the course of this year that the team looked like they had never seen a basketball before.

A lot of the talent was still in grade school and if it looks like they had never seen a basketball maybe because they were 13 year old kids playing varsity.
Everyone should be looking forward to the next few years. These up coming grade schoolers and freshman will be the ones to watch for. P. Slone, K. Jacobs, R. King, S. Pike, K. King will be a good team. These girls are going to be good, they just need to keep playing together. They'll bring some trophies home to good ole' Knott county.
Celticsfan Wrote:Everyone should be looking forward to the next few years. These up coming grade schoolers and freshman will be the ones to watch for. P. Slone, K. Jacobs, R. King, S. Pike, K. King will be a good team. These girls are going to be good, they just need to keep playing together. They'll bring some trophies home to good ole' Knott county.

I've not heard that Slone was going to Knott or Cordia yet. Who is the girl that played with them at the sportsplex last weekend. Whole team was impressive, but I didnt recognize her.
Benchwarmer Wrote:A lot of the talent was still in grade school and if it looks like they had never seen a basketball maybe because they were 13 year old kids playing varsity.

Many of those players have been playing on the team since 7th grade and I don't think any of the players were 13, only 1 freshman and 1 8th grader got significant playing time, the rest of the players were mostly jrs and srs.
#1ukfan Wrote:Many of those players have been playing on the team since 7th grade and I don't think any of the players were 13, only 1 freshman and 1 8th grader got significant playing time, the rest of the players were mostly jrs and srs.

Who was the 8th grader? I know the freshman, Kelsey Jacobs, but who was the 8th grader?
there is no reason that J Amburgey should have been fired and not C Amburgey. I am talking about more that just basketball records and game strategy.