Best pitchers in Eastern Kentucky?
List. :popcorn:
Chandler Shephard
Austin Lyons
Mike Conley
Quite simply...Nuff said..
Mike Conley-Johnson Central.
MVP2 Wrote:Mike Conley-Johnson Central.

Never saw anything impressive from him..

I would agree with Chandler S.
Cody Moore.

Great pitchers with a great season ahead of them.
did you miss the perfect game he pitched tonight? 5 innings , mercy, 14-0
SolidOxygen Wrote:List. :popcorn:

Drew Freeman and Kyle Clowers-Estill County
3sporteagle Wrote:did you miss the perfect game he pitched tonight? 5 innings , mercy, 14-0

Allen Central :zzz:
AleDavJes Wrote:Drew Freeman and Kyle Clowers-Estill County

Who?Confusedhh:
Chandler Shepard - LC
Mike Conley - JC
Austin Lyons - Paintsville
Dillon Stiltner - Phelps

That's the one's I know of in the 15th. Haven't got a clue on the other regions in EKY.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Dillion Stiltner is also a great basketball player.
Made All-Regional team this year in the 15th.
glad to see another eastern kentucky athlete that excells in more than one sport.
:please: Confusedhh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh:
3sporteagle Wrote:did you miss the perfect game he pitched tonight? 5 innings , mercy, 14-0

Allen Central
SolidOxygen Wrote:Allen Central :zzz:

Can you tell me how many perfect games you have seen against any competition. Very hard to do no matter what level.:1:
Have to give a nod to Chris Schoolcraft of Prestonsburg, maybe not calibur to be considered the best of Eastern Ky but he is one of the most consistent pitchers around. Started season great with Shelby Valley, went the distance for the win with 10K's 2 walks and zero earned runs.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Can you tell me how many perfect games you have seen against any competition. Very hard to do no matter what level.:1:

The defense is out there too, which helped him..
Unless he is so good he can play all nine positions.
:flush:
AleDavJes Wrote:Drew Freeman and Kyle Clowers-Estill County
what offers has freeman got so far? im pretty sure one of them is kentucky.
Freeman-Estill
Napier-Perry
Meehan-Hazard
Kilgore and Vaughn Lewis.
I dont think Freeman is even going to school to be a pitcher. I am pretty sure Wabash has signed him as a first baseman. He has lost a lot on his fastball, it very rarely breaks 80 anymore.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I dont think Freeman is even going to school to be a pitcher. I am pretty sure Wabash has signed him as a first baseman. He has lost a lot on his fastball, it very rarely breaks 80 anymore.

Where are you getting your information? Looked like was breaking 80 A LOT at Pikeville on Monday night.
goinyard Wrote:Where are you getting your information? Looked like was breaking 80 A LOT at Pikeville on Monday night.

actually he hit 81 twice against Pikeville.
I don't know what you all see in Conley. He has an 80 mph fastball max, and a mediocre curveball.
bbaseball08 Wrote:I don't know what you all see in Conley. He has an 80 mph fastball max, and a mediocre curveball.
I think your observation is why Mike has done such a good job the past 3-4 years. He has won more big games than ALOT of pitchers I can think of the last few years. Nothing overpowering, but very smart on the mound.
Most pitchers would love to have a "mediocre" hook like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I think your observation is why Mike has done such a good job the past 3-4 years. He has won more big games than ALOT of pitchers I can think of the last few years. Nothing overpowering, but very smart on the mound.
Most pitchers would love to have a "mediocre" hook like that.

I agree, he is very smart on the mound. His fastball is good for high school level but not overpowering. He is solid with all of his pitches and that is what it takes at this level of play. He is easily one of the best in Eastern Kentucky.
Jimmy Joe Morgan-Leslie co.
bbaseball08 Wrote:I don't know what you all see in Conley. He has an 80 mph fastball max, and a mediocre curveball.

Didnt he hold LCHS to 1 run last year? But there is nothing to see in that just LC hitters were not that good i guess......Confusedhh:
kryptonite Wrote:Jimmy Joe Morgan-Leslie co.
i agree. he has already got one win under his belt against lee. he pitched all 7.:Thumbs:
Just so you know Conley was clocked at 86 at UK's winter showcase. He has gained some zip on his fastball along with some muscle. He's just a hardworking kid that doesn't need the bashing some give him on here, but i know the kid personally and it really won't affect him though.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I dont think Freeman is even going to school to be a pitcher. I am pretty sure Wabash has signed him as a first baseman. He has lost a lot on his fastball, it very rarely breaks 80 anymore.

Hate to play the what if game, but there was a time when alot of ppl thought he'd be playing for the cats....... Does anyone one know how hard he was throwing before the surgery?
Educated Fan Wrote:Hate to play the what if game, but there was a time when alot of ppl thought he'd be playing for the cats....... Does anyone one know how hard he was throwing before the surgery?

I know Freeman he is a good friend. He never had any surgery. He made visits to UK before Coach Cohen left. He has had offers from many schools including D1, but he decided on Wabash Valley in Illinois.