Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing with your kids.
Tell me what experiences you have fishing with your kids. I am going to take my kid this year. He will be 4 next month.
That's about the time I started fishing, I'd love to go back to those days even if it was for just 10 minutes. Good luck, hope your son does well with his first fishing venture!
I took my boy on his first trip to a private lake stocked full of over eager cats. It was a little overwhelming at first and he couldnt take the pressure of reeling one in every 5 min. After 4-5 cats he was ready to hit the adjacent play ground and run wild. It was funny because he didnt know but i could see the mass of extra energy he aqcuired from the fish he landed. He was so pumped up he almost played himself out. After he wore down some he was ready to stick a couple more. The next trip was a bouy marker outside oceanside harbor that is a good place to make mackerel for bait. I jus tied him a kastmaster on a panfish set-up and he whacked like 50. It was better for him being on the smaller fish because he was more in control. Next trip will be when the first wave of Dorado roll in. They are usually smaller but have a big fight. A 4lber will fight like a 20lb cat. Its just the way they are built powerful swimmers with a tail designed to push hard and fast. He is now ready for the challenge at 9 years old. Have your camera ready cause its a memory. Great thread!!!!!!!