Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lottery Officials Say Winner Used Stolen Card To Buy Ticket
Quote: Lottery Officials Say Winner Used Stolen Card To Buy Ticket

October 28, 2005

MEDFORD, Ore. - A woman bought a winning lottery ticket worth $1 million with a stolen credit card and could wind up with nothing if convicted, police said.

Christina Goodenow, 38, of White City in southern Oregon faced numerous theft-related charges, forgery and possession of methamphetamine, said authorities, who searched her home Thursday. The card belonged to a deceased relative, they said.

If convicted of any of the charges, Goodenow will not be able to collect prize money from the winning ticket, said police Lt. Tim George.

Oregon Lottery officials refused to discuss specifics of the case because an investigation is still under way.

I didn't think you could use credit cards to buy lottery tickets?

Anyways, she doesn't deserve the money. I say send the money to the hurricane funds...
I didnt think you could either...anyway she should not get the money. Give it to the person she stole the card from to pay off the credit card bill.
Can't that person is dead.
I don't think she should get the money either
I agree there is no way she should get the money.
Sounds like to me she would just buy drugs with it anyway. Take the money and give it to a charity or something.
More than likely she would in no way be able to keep the money and I agree that she should not have it, give it to any charity or organization, just take it from her.
I agree with everyone else, she shouldn't have the money...giving it to hurricane funds is a great idea....