Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norte Dame 77 Kentucky 67
Stardust Wrote:I thought it interesting that an Assistant did the postgame show on the radio

Maybe...he's already gone????
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Maybe...he's already gone????

Maybe he flew out on the 9:20 to Lubbock...
allseasonfan Wrote:Hey Stardust.... What do you really think is gonna happen?? Leave your big ole heart out of it:biggrin:

I believe that BCG has been ran out of town, just the same as Tubby. The influence of the fans has put UK in a position to please the masses. It's unfortunate to think that in our "Win Now" attitude, non one had the foresight to see that his program was entirely different than what Tubby's was. Everyone hated Tubby's recruiting. It's no secret that Tubby was a lameduck coach of three years. And finally, he got tired of fighting it and said C'ya. Because every recruit in the nation knew that Tubby was hated in the state of Kentucky, no wonder we didn't get the bluechips in the latter years. Everyone knows that Blue Chippers were on the block each year, but we lost them. Well, we lost them because players didn't want to commit to a program that had it's fan base trying to boot him. So, for BCG and the psyche of the good ole faithful, I wish him well in his next endeavor. He will win with his style and won't be appreciated until he goes someplace else to do so. Just like what I have seen on here for the past year about Tubby. The same one's calling for Tubby's head, were the ones rooting him on.

So, Goodbye BCG. Goodbye PP. Goodbye Jodie. And since Orton has had issues with his foot, it would not shock me to say goodbye to Orton to, since he may need a year for his foot anyhow.
This is from Kentucky.com, it appears an announcement may come Friday...maybe later:

UK president Lee Todd attended the game. He declined to comment on Gillispie's job status. He did say he spoke with the coach about the future of the program late last week.

Todd also said an announcement on Gillispie's future would not be made before Friday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:I believe that BCG has been ran out of town, just the same as Tubby. The influence of the fans has put UK in a position to please the masses. It's unfortunate to think that in our "Win Now" attitude, non one had the foresight to see that his program was entirely different than what Tubby's was. Everyone hated Tubby's recruiting. It's no secret that Tubby was a lameduck coach of three years. And finally, he got tired of fighting it and said C'ya. Because every recruit in the nation knew that Tubby was hated in the state of Kentucky, no wonder we didn't get the bluechips in the latter years. Everyone knows that Blue Chippers were on the block each year, but we lost them. Well, we lost them because players didn't want to commit to a program that had it's fan base trying to boot him. So, for BCG and the psyche of the good ole faithful, I wish him well in his next endeavor. He will win with his style and won't be appreciated until he goes someplace else to do so. Just like what I have seen on here for the past year about Tubby. The same one's calling for Tubby's head, were the ones rooting him on.

So, Goodbye BCG. Goodbye PP. Goodbye Jodie. And since Orton has had issues with his foot, it would not shock me to say goodbye to Orton to, since he may need a year for his foot anyhow.

I think the point that you are missing is that this is KENTUCKY BASKETBALL, and we deserve better. I do agree that we wouldn't be in this shape if we still had TUBBY though..
allseasonfan Wrote:I think the point that you are missing is that this is KENTUCKY BASKETBALL, and we deserve better. I do agree that we wouldn't be in this shape if we still had TUBBY though..

Hmmm - it's UK Basketball, WE???? What the heck is that supposed to mean? History? History is History. Notre Dame USED to be a great Basketball program. They deserve more. Every program in the country has had to rebuild, EVERY team in the country.
i believe that he still deserves a chance whether he gets it or not. it hard to play whenever you have 3 people on the floor at all times he doesn't know how to feed the post or help get one of the best shooters in the country open. i really can't put it all on the coach.
beasy_bo Wrote:i believe that he still deserves a chance whether he gets it or not. it hard to play whenever you have 3 people on the floor at all times he doesn't know how to feed the post or help get one of the best shooters in the country open. i really can't put it all on the coach.

At what point does UK Nation put responsibility on the talent?
Stardust Wrote:Hmmm - it's UK Basketball, WE???? What the heck is that supposed to mean? History? History is History. Notre Dame USED to be a great Basketball program. They deserve more. Every program in the country has had to rebuild, EVERY team in the country.

Yes my Friend, that WE is the entire wildcat nation.
Congratulations to Notre Dame. A very good team.

UK fought back but couldn't get over the hump.

As for the coaching situation. Coaching is not the problem at UK. Its the same problem that led to probation under Sutton. That led to Smith being run out of town. Now will likely lead to Gillispie being let go and setting the basketball program back another three years.

I would get used to the NIT if I were most of you because that is likely where the Cats will be playing the next couple of years.
FBALL Wrote:Congratulations to Notre Dame. A very good team.

UK fought back but couldn't get over the hump.

As for the coaching situation. Coaching is not the problem at UK. Its the same problem that led to probation under Sutton. That led to Smith being run out of town. Now will likely lead to Gillispie being let go and setting the basketball program back another three years.

I would get used to the NIT if I were most of you because that is likely where the Cats will be playing the next couple of years.

So you are telling me that Pitino, Calipari, Izzo, etc., etc... would not have had this team in the big dance?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Billy G might have had a job if UK would have lost at the last second, but there is no need to lose to a team that is in the NIT by double digits. I thought UK shouldn't have even been in the NIT?

ohhhhh wait wait wait....Please lets back up to this one...Just to make everyone aware this same ND team was ranked top 5 in the preseason, was ranked in the top 10 half way through the season. Is not that bad of team, **** they beat the number one overall seed in the NCAA Tourny by 33!!!!!!!!!!!! Any team that shots 40% or higher from behind the arch on this Kentucky team is going to beat them. Not to mention they sunk 12 threes which was nearly half their points.

I really hope to god if they run off BCG that Hood and Orton back out an decommit, I hope Meeks and P. Pat leave and come out verbally stating its because BCG was forced out. Then where will you all stand? Your foot will be in your mouth the program will be in the :flush: and yes you can blame your self if that happens. Because YOUR VOICE WAS HEARD FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and thank god they didnt listen to you all when you wanted Brooks gone or this football team would not be where it is...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:oh and thank god they didnt listen to you all when you wanted Brooks gone or this football team would not be where it is...

Do you really mean all that stuff??? Come on
allseasonfan Wrote:Do you really mean all that stuff??? Come on

yeah i really do because if this junk does go down then the fans have no one to blame but themselves. If the fans are all right then the University of Kentucky is all right with what is going on. The fans are the voice of UK basketball plain and simple and with the way people have treated the players and coaches, booing then and so on I do not believe the fans deserve a good team. Now for those who have been considerate and are true blue fans then I feel diffrently for them. But to me its really pathetic in the way this program has been treated through this season. I dont give a flying flip if his off the court issues are what you have a problem with the guy has a life to. As I know alot of you are being hypocrits because you live the same life he does its just not publicized. The man is young and he has some growing up to do however i think he has done a fine job. He has worked his *** of FOR THE FUTURE NOT JUST ONE SEASON. The Kentucky fan base needs to look into the future because this program is about ready to head in a worse direction then it already is in.

GO NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im scared
allseasonfan Wrote:Do you really mean all that stuff??? Come on
Yeah I think he means it and I also think he is right.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:ohhhhh wait wait wait....Please lets back up to this one...Just to make everyone aware this same ND team was ranked top 5 in the preseason, was ranked in the top 10 half way through the season. Is not that bad of team, **** they beat the number one overall seed in the NCAA Tourny by 33!!!!!!!!!!!! Any team that shots 40% or higher from behind the arch on this Kentucky team is going to beat them. Not to mention they sunk 12 threes which was nearly half their points.

I really hope to god if they run off BCG that Hood and Orton back out an decommit, I hope Meeks and P. Pat leave and come out verbally stating its because BCG was forced out. Then where will you all stand? Your foot will be in your mouth the program will be in the :flush: and yes you can blame your self if that happens. Because YOUR VOICE WAS HEARD FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been seeing a lot of threads like this lately. People wishing recruits would decommit if Billy G goes. If your a true blue fan, regardless of how you feel about the coaching situation, how can you wish for anything that is going to hurt UK?????? Go Big Blue!!!!!
EKY_Basketball Wrote:I have been seeing a lot of threads like this lately. People wishing recruits would decommit if Billy G goes. If your a true blue fan, regardless of how you feel about the coaching situation, how can you wish for anything that is going to hurt UK?????? Go Big Blue!!!!!

I am a Nova basketball fan and I think it is ludicrious the way you all treat this program plain a simple. With the way these KIDS and COACHING STAFF are treated you hardcore Kentucky fans are wishing a demise of the program and you dont realize it.
Billy G said after the game that he dont know the status of his job and Dr. Lee Todd and AD M. Barnhartt were both at the game and Dr. Lee Todd didnt commit on the future of Gillispie and said that there will not be a announcement before Friday
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am a Nova basketball fan and I think it is ludicrious the way you all treat this program plain a simple. With the way these KIDS and COACHING STAFF are treated you hardcore Kentucky fans are wishing a demise of the program and you dont realize it.

I am a die hard fan, but I certainly don't want to see the demise of UK basketball. My arguement in this situation goes back to when Tubby left. I feel Mitch botched the hiring of his replacement and rushed into it with BIlly G. From day one I have thought that BIlly G was not the man for the job, and I still feel that way and I think a lot of fans would agree with me. I am not nieve about UK basketball, I know that we are not going to be in the Final Four every year. But I do expect the AD to understand that this is not Oregon, but UK, and not simply fill our coaching position with someone who (lets be honest) is not an "Elite" coach. I mean CM understood, he sold Pitino on coming to UK while it was on probation, while the Knicks were one of the best teams in the NBA. Mitch should be able to do the same, if not, then its time for him to leave as well.
EKY_Basketball Wrote:I am a die hard fan, but I certainly don't want to see the demise of UK basketball. My arguement in this situation goes back to when Tubby left. I feel Mitch botched the hiring of his replacement and rushed into it with BIlly G. From day one I have thought that BIlly G was not the man for the job, and I still feel that way and I think a lot of fans would agree with me. I am not nieve about UK basketball, I know that we are not going to be in the Final Four every year. But I do expect the AD to understand that this is not Oregon, but UK, and not simply fill our coaching position with someone who (lets be honest) is not an "Elite" coach. I mean CM understood, he sold Pitino on coming to UK while it was on probation, while the Knicks were one of the best teams in the NBA. Mitch should be able to do the same, if not, then its time for him to leave as well.

At this time do you really think the best thing for your program is to get rid of another coach,so yes then yes I am calling you nieve because you are not looking at this in retro spect. It takes more than two years for a coach to get his players to play his system and to get the players he needs to be succeful. Lets be honest Donvan would be a fool for leaving the contract he has at florida right now which is for 25 years. Calaporie (sp) is NOT going to leave Memphis with what he has built. Pitino no question he would leave Louisville with what he has. Donovan out of the three is the only one who is even imagniable in my book and that is a slim chance. I dont think many coaches want to go through what Tubby and BCG have went through and I do not blame them. As of the to be honest I do not believe this job is attractive at all. Hints why you got "stuck" with BCG. IMO you need to give the guy at least one more year. Yet again you are wishing worst for your program wanting him gone.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:At this time do you really think the best thing for your program is to get rid of another coach,so yes then yes I am calling you nieve because you are not looking at this in retro spect. It takes more than two years for a coach to get his players to play his system and to get the players he needs to be succeful. Lets be honest Donvan would be a fool for leaving the contract he has at florida right now which is for 25 years. Calaporie (sp) is NOT going to leave Memphis with what he has built. Pitino no question he would leave Louisville with what he has. Donovan out of the three is the only one who is even imagniable in my book and that is a slim chance. I dont think many coaches want to go through what Tubby and BCG have went through and I do not blame them. As of the to be honest I do not believe this job is attractive at all. Hints why you got "stuck" with BCG. IMO you need to give the guy at least one more year. Yet again you are wishing worst for your program wanting him gone.

Billy G is responible for 9 of the 15 we dress every night, and how many of these are contributors, 1 or 2 at best!!!!!!!!!!! I am not nieve, you are nieve for thinkin UK fans don't deserve the same results that they have at North Carolina,Duke, or even Louisville. If your a Nova fan, which I would love for UK to offer the job to Jay Wright, why don't you worry about Nova and leave UK discussions to True Blue Fans!!!!!!!!
EKY_Basketball Wrote:Billy G is responible for 9 of the 15 we dress every night, and how many of these are contributors, 1 or 2 at best!!!!!!!!!!! I am not nieve, you are nieve for thinkin UK fans don't deserve the same results that they have at North Carolina,Duke, or even Louisville. If your a Nova fan, which I would love for UK to offer the job to Jay Wright, why don't you worry about Nova and leave UK discussions to True Blue Fans!!!!!!!!

Yeah well if you would give those same kids some time to mature and come into there own rather then doing nothing but downgrading them then you wouldnt be such a bitter fan. At Nova we went through out bumps in the road with youth and look at where it has gotten us with a show down against the Dukies.

By the way last time I checked in previous games Liggins has players well, Miller has played exceptional, Patterson of course has done his job, Harrelson will be a better fit once Orton gets there because he will now have to be relyed on so much and so on down the line. This team is full of freshman and JUCO talent which takes a year IMO to imrove to be elite players in todays game. That is where your nieve, you invision every recruit to be on the list of a Jamal Mashburn, Tony Delk and/or Scott Pagget. However, the playing field is more level now Kentucky has to build and they are doing that and need a more mature team which again I state they will heve next season IF BCG is allowed one more year.

I will leave this discussion to you all like you have asked however once your in worse shape if he is ran off I will said "I told you so". I will support my NOVA CATS in the NCAA SWEET SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun dreaming of a "golden" oasis with a BCG firing...:popcorn:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah well if you would give those same kids some time to mature and come into there own rather then doing nothing but downgrading them then you wouldnt be such a bitter fan. At Nova we went through out bumps in the road with youth and look at where it has gotten us with a show down against the Dukies.

By the way last time I checked in previous games Liggins has players well, Miller has played exceptional, Patterson of course has done his job, Harrelson will be a better fit once Orton gets there because he will now have to be relyed on so much and so on down the line. This team is full of freshman and JUCO talent which takes a year IMO to imrove to be elite players in todays game. That is where your nieve, you invision every recruit to be on the list of a Jamal Mashburn, Tony Delk and/or Scott Pagget. However, the playing field is more level now Kentucky has to build and they are doing that and need a more mature team which again I state they will heve next season IF BCG is allowed one more year.

I will leave this discussion to you all like you have asked however once your in worse shape if he is ran off I will said "I told you so". I will support my NOVA CATS in the NCAA SWEET SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun dreaming of a "golden" oasis with a BCG firing...:popcorn:

What games have you been watching. Patterson is awesome, miller has played well, but every other player he has brought in has not been an improvement in talent over the ones we already had, if they were, then players like Porter and Harris wouldn't be getting the majority of the playing time. As for thinking that I and all UK fans expect every recruit to be just like Delk, Mashburn, or Padgett, thats just a ridiculous statement. I actually have very few complaints about our current roster. But I do have complaints about the manner in which they are being used. Do you know that on the Notre Dame radio network tonight they actually made the statement that the coaching staff had watched UK game film and discovered that our offense is directly set up to get PP and Meeks the ball, and then for everyone else to simply "get out of the way". This isn't a team, this is a coach who wants PP and Meeks to get 20 a piece and figures that this alone will be enough to win ball games. If Tubby was coaching this team Meeks and PP would be averaging around 15-16 a game, with a couple more getting around 10-11, and we would be in the NCAA. But I do thank you for sticking with Nova discussions and butting out of True Blue talk. :biggrin:
Billy G isn't on contract....but more of a year to year "agreement"
and we are free to let him go at anytime....but if we let him loose before his 3rd season he is due about 6 mil in a buyout....
that could be something that could sway the university to keep him another year....
6 million dollars to fire someone and then pay the next person a UK coaches salary on top of that is a lot to deal with in a struggling economy....
but this is UK basketball....it's almost like the yankees in the MLB
I don't totally agree with BG way of coaching. But you really think that Pitino, Donavon, Calipari are going to leave there success and come to UK. Wake Up.
How many years did it take Coach K to make Duke a success, How many years did it take Pitino, Calipari, Dean Smith, Willaims, Izzo, Calhoun. You gotta give him 2 -3 more years and then make a decision. Let him play his players. I hope that the incoming recruits follow him where he goes.
Word on the street is that Billy G. gave all of the players his "goodbyes" tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:ohhhhh wait wait wait....Please lets back up to this one...Just to make everyone aware this same ND team was ranked top 5 in the preseason, was ranked in the top 10 half way through the season. Is not that bad of team, **** they beat the number one overall seed in the NCAA Tourny by 33!!!!!!!!!!!! Any team that shots 40% or higher from behind the arch on this Kentucky team is going to beat them. Not to mention they sunk 12 threes which was nearly half their points.

:notworthy :Thumbs:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am a Nova basketball fan and I think it is ludicrious the way you all treat this program plain a simple. With the way these KIDS and COACHING STAFF are treated you hardcore Kentucky fans are wishing a demise of the program and you dont realize it.

Another very good post