Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEHT Reporting Izzo as UK's Top Candidate
Phelfrey just plain sucks. my high school coach is better than he is. i would like to See Izzo as coach if not Calipari
Com'on Calipari!!!!!
I would like to see Calipari.
I am a huge Calipari fan. Wanted him two years ago as well. I think he'd be the right choice for UK. Izzo would be a good coach, but not many people liked Tubby and it would be the same. Calipari is as close to Pitino as anyone out there. Of course, besides Pitino (no chance there).
FBALL Wrote:Playboy5 is partially correct. Izzo would be the same thing style of play wise as Tubby Smith was.

I don't wan't Calipari in anyway.

If we could only turn back the clock and not have been so blind as to run off Tubby.

:Thumbs:

:Thumbs:
under_armour Wrote:Izzo runs the same style as Tubby did. I myself would like Izzo here i think he is a heck of a coach. But, how long would it take for those who wanted tubby out to start calling for Izzo's head.

It wouldn't take long. Even if we were winning with Tubby, people still wanted him out because of his style of play.
Izzo would be a great fit, I wouldnt mind hearing Barnhart introduce him as the new headcoach, but as some others said if we are going to be contenders next year then we must sign Calipari. However if we did sign Izzo we could still be an elite team next year.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Izzo would be a great fit, I wouldnt mind hearing Barnhart introduce him as the new headcoach, but as some others said if we are going to be contenders next year then we must sign Calipari. However if we did sign Izzo we could still be an elite team next year.

You like his slowdown 50 point games?
Aslan Wrote:Please no...if true...we have some boring basketball heading our way.

Look where his boring basketball is now. The Final Four
If Izzo were to win aganist Uconn to advance to the championship game, then I doubt he will be heading this way.
I don't think he'll be heading this way, win or lose.
We can only hope. I'm still holding out for Pitino. LOL
Pupaw Wrote:I don't think he'll be heading this way, win or lose.
torQQue Wrote:And you know Izzo would run a clean program. I am not saying that Cal wouldn't either, but Cal does have a little dirty laundry(not his fault from what I have heard, AGENT?) back at Umass. I would be very happy with either coach.

I agree, would love to see John Calipari or Tom Izzo as the next coach at UK!! My third choice would be Rick Barnes from Texas!! Can't wait to see what happens!! Go Cats!!
I think now going into the Final, Izzo won't be here. I am for Calipari anway. Needs to get done quickly.
Izzo is out of the question now that he has taken his spartans to the final four i think answer is obvious Uk New coach is gonnabe John Calipari
My only question regarding this thread is "Since when did WEHT in Evansville become ANY kind of relevant source for breaking UK news?"
FOX SPORTS Wrote:My only question regarding this thread is "Since when did WEHT in Evansville become ANY kind of relevant source for breaking UK news?"
More relevant than most of the bloggers and other "sources" on here.
FBALL Wrote:More relevant than most of the bloggers and other "sources" on here.
lol

Have YOU ever heard of WEHT before this thread???
HawksRule Wrote:Look where his boring basketball is now. The Final Four

There going to get embaressed there too.
Boy, that WEHT is right on the money!!!!

NOT

lol
Real Badman Wrote:If Izzo were to win aganist Uconn to advance to the championship game, then I doubt he will be heading this way.

That's what I have been thinking.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:lol

Have YOU ever heard of WEHT before this thread???

No, but I don't know most of these "sources" either.:biggrin:
This thread has become irrelevant