Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruits & Players
i believe stewart will be the first one off to another team and porter has said that he wanted to take care of his like all men should do. especially if he is graduating this spring! as far as henry i think its about 80-20 he is going to kansas. cousins definitely coming IMO and john wall very good chance also.
we might as well cross off Henry because he will go to Kansas due to his family being at kansas. The fact of the matter is he might talk someone into gray shirt for one year to free up scholarship. Who would give up there scholarship for one year to get these recruits in?
blackcat Wrote:I agree with you Cowbell on Porter, he has put his time in here at UK, represented our school greatly and deserves to keep his scholarship, but I don't think he can play the 2. If indeed Wall decides to come to Kentucky, don't expect Porter to get much playing time behind Liggins, who I think will be the back up PG in Coach Cal's offense. I just don't think he'll be much more than a practice scrub.

That may be, and with Calipari putting such an emphasis on dribbling, I don't see Porter getting much playing time. But I just think he has earned the right to play his senior year for UK if he so desires. If that makes him #13 out of the 13 players on the roster next year, so be it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Have you guys been hearing anything?
According to Xavier and C.J. Henry's father, Kentucky is their leader right now and will visit Lexington next weekend.
See if you all agree:
Players Leaving on Scholarship-
-Stewart (Transferring)
-Liggins (Transferring)
-Porter (baby on the way)
-Carter (graduated)
-Galloway (Transferring)
-Harrellson (Transferring)

Right there is SIX new scholarships that are opened up along with the players we have already got. I will explain each one in detail.

-A.J. Stewart- His type of play is no way a dribble drive offense. He only got to play a low amount of minutes last year for Gillispie with a programmed offense. No way he stays and be satisfied with sitting on the bench.

-Liggins- I think Liggins might actualy like the dribble drive offense but his attitude is so horrible that if he don't get what he wants then all he will do is cause problems. Also, if we get Henry, Wall, and some other guards that we are looking at, he will not get much playing time at all.

-Porter- Already announced he will not be returning because of a baby on the way. I wish him the best but he will not be wearing a uniform next year.

-Carter- Graduated

-Galloway and Harrellson- First off Galloway is no way in fit with the dribble drive offense so Calipari will ask him to transfer right off. And quite honestly he is not a Kentucky type player. Harrellson, now do I honestly need to say why he will be transferring? Daniel Orton, and Demarcus Cousins, along with Patrick Patterson returning (hopefully). He wouldn't even be able to dress I don't think.
sounds about right, but if you are wanting recruits now how long can you wait to transfer them.
Liggins isn't going anywhere, Coach Cal recruited him at Memphis and he even told WKYT that he "needed this new start". Besides, if we don't get Wall, he'll probably be our starter. I don't see how you can say Stewart and Galloway aren't the type of players that fit the DDM, they're two of the most athletic players we have.
crazyfan4 Wrote:See if you all agree:
-Stewart (Transferring)
-Liggins (Transferring)
-Carter (graduated)
-Galloway (Transferring)

Right there is SIX new scholarships that are opened up along with the players we have already got. I will explain each one in detail.

-A.J. Stewart- His type of play is no way a dribble drive offense. He only got to play a low amount of minutes last year for Gillispie with a programmed offense. No way he stays and be satisfied with sitting on the bench.

-Liggins- I think Liggins might actualy like the dribble drive offense but his attitude is so horrible that if he don't get what he wants then all he will do is cause problems. Also, if we get Henry, Wall, and some other guards that we are looking at, he will not get much playing time at all.

-Porter- Already announced he will not be returning because of a baby on the way. I wish him the best but he will not be wearing a uniform next year.

-Carter- Graduated

-Galloway and Harrellson- First off Galloway is no way in fit with the dribble drive offense so Calipari will ask him to transfer right off. And quite honestly he is not a Kentucky type player. Harrellson, now do I honestly need to say why he will be transferring? Daniel Orton, and Demarcus Cousins, along with Patrick Patterson returning (hopefully). He wouldn't even be able to dress I don't think.

There is a 100% chance of Liggins returning next season. Coach Cal said he has improved greatly in the two weeks that he has been in Lexington. DeAndre said that he is "ready to learn" and "excited". He also went on to say that he "wouldn't have came back if Billy Gillispie was still here". Liggins will be a great fit for the dribble-drive offense once he gets used to doing it the right way.

How do you get that Coach Cal will ask Galloway to transfer? Cal was "intrigued" with the play of Galloway in practice. Like Blackcat said, Galloway is also one of our most athletic players at the moment. I think Kevin will be a great fit off the bench for the dribble-drive motion because of his length, ball-handling ability, and athleticism.
crazyfan4 Wrote:See if you all agree:
-Stewart (Transferring)
-Liggins (Transferring)
-Carter (graduated)
-Galloway (Transferring)

I disagree with you on two of them.

First, I don't think Liggins will leave now. If Gillipsie had stayed, I think it would have been a given that he would be gone, but now I think he stays. Remember, Calipari recruited him at memphis, so he obviosly thinks he can play. And while Liggins did cause trouble last year, I believe Calipari has given each player a "blank slate" to start over new. So if Liggins keeps his ego in check he will stay.

As for Galloway, I just can't see him leaving. For one thing, he will be a senior this year. I can't imagine he would want to transfer and sit out a year, just to have one year of eligibility at his new school. Plus, even if John Wall ends up at UK, there will still be backup PG minutes to be had, and he will have a chance to earn some of them.

Harrelson and Stewart are a lot more likely to leave, though. As rising juniors, each would have two more seasons of remaining eligibility at a new school. That might be enough reason to transfer and sit out, especially if a guy like Stewart is hoping for some kind of career in pro ball.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
According to Carl Henry (Xavier and C.J.'s father), the Henry brothers will not visit UK this weekend and will decide where they are playing in two days.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/barrier_noent...&mid=&rid=
outdoorsman43 Wrote:According to Carl Henry (Xavier and C.J.'s father), the Henry brothers will not visit UK this weekend and will decide where they are playing in two days.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/barrier_noent...&mid=&rid=

They changed their mind again they are both visiting friday and from what heard self has pulled the scholly offer to x because hes visiting UK but thats just a rumor his dad really did just say he was visiting friday.
henry i believe is leanig towards UK just cause calipari is turning collegiate athletes into to pros and thats what these one year players want their best chance to improve their stock. same for wall but he is just laggin it out so everyone will be watching his every last move. i honestly dont believe he is weighing his options for every team. he isn't going to miami which he visits this week, no baylor, nc state, memphis or duke IMO. i believe it is UNC, UK, KU.
Has anyone heard anything more on Walls recruitment?
JCHS05 Wrote:Has anyone heard anything more on Walls recruitment?

Wall is set to trim his list this weekend. Kentucky is expected to be on the short list.
There is a lot of talk that Landon Slone will be heading to play basketball at a JUCO or NAIA school next season.

This from kentuckysportsradio.com --

"One that will likely be leaving is Landon Slone who is likely headed to a JUCO or NAIA school for one year. I have been told by a source that if Slone does not find a suitable Division I home now, Slone will play at a JUCO or NAIA for one year and then look to transfer to a Division I school….potentially to the future home of Billy Gillispie, who has told Slone he is welcome wherever he ends up. Landon is a great mountain kid and if he leaves, we wish him the best."

Whatever Landon does, I wish him the very best of luck. He is a great kid.