Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruits & Players
well from what i heard both Patterson and Meeks are looking at the NBA Draft, now wether the go or stay has yet to be determined
I dont see either of them leaving for the NBA. Coach C will make Meeks the best player in the nation and have Patterson a top ten pick next year too.
Both stay, Cal will have this team score 80 points a game and Meeks will look amazing.
Andy Katz just said any current players won't be following him, expects Henry to Kansas, Cousins to Kentucky, big possibility on Wall at UK due to the lack of a PG.
Candyman I saw the same thing.
C.Clair Wrote:Candyman I saw the same thing.

I like the look of

PG: Wall
SG: Meeks
SF: Miller
PF: Pat Pat
C: Cousins

Looks great to me.

Hood, Pilgrim, Stevenson, Harris would be beasts off of the bench.
Orton is coming in also!
C.Clair Wrote:Orton is coming in also!

Not certain yet, Hood's dad said he'll for certain be a Wildcat, Orton's dad said if he's wanted he'll come. Orton may feel he's wanted more somewhere else.

On a side note, didn't I tell everyone this weekend that Cal would be announced before Wednesday?
I think that with Coach C coming in that Orton will come also.
We can only hope, my sources have told me Orton will be coming, and my sources have been right all week long.
Hope they are right my friend cause that would be insaine!!!! Who would get the playing time or would they split it between Cousins and Orton?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Not certain yet, Hood's dad said he'll for certain be a Wildcat, Orton's dad said if he's wanted he'll come. Orton may feel he's wanted more somewhere else.

On a side note, didn't I tell everyone this weekend that Cal would be announced before Wednesday?

I remember that statement!! :Thumbs:
What about Donald Williams, Ramon Harris, A.J. Stewart, Josh Harrellson, Kevin Galloway?? These guys were all on scholarships, right? Wonder who leaves and who stays? If some of these players were to leave it may open up more room for some of these other players wanting to come from Memphis or the H.S. recruits. IDK, just a thought. I just hope it all works out!!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:What about Donald Williams, Ramon Harris, A.J. Stewart, Josh Harrellson, Kevin Galloway?? These guys were all on scholarships, right? Wonder who leaves and who stays? If some of these players were to leave it may open up more room for some of these other players wanting to come from Memphis or the H.S. recruits. IDK, just a thought. I just hope it all works out!!

IMO, Donald Williams is gone, I've been told Harris is looking at an agent (who knows why?), Stewart will stay, and Harrellson and Galloway basically have to stay since they're juniors. Either way, things are going to be interesting in the following months.
I read somewhere that in a meeting with his players at memphis that coach Cal advised them all to stay at memphis and told them not to follow him to UK, out of respect for the University of Memphis. However I could see Cousins and possible Wall coming to UK now. I think we should free up some scholarships with Dwight Perry and Donald Williams.
the next few weeks and months are gonna be very interesting. cant wait to see what happens
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I read somewhere that in a meeting with his players at memphis that coach Cal advised them all to stay at memphis and told them not to follow him to UK, out of respect for the University of Memphis. However I could see Cousins and possible Wall coming to UK now. I think we should free up some scholarships with Dwight Perry and Donald Williams.

i can't see this being true. since Witherspoon and Sallie are coming. and i'd say you can deff. count out Henry being in a UK uniform. he is headed straight to Kansas, bad choice on his part. Collins leaving takes away half of there points scored. Henry is good but won't fill Collins roll. however, i do think Cousins and Wall are headed for UK. but no one knows who the 3rd player from Memphis is. could possibly be Shawn Taggart, Doneal Mack. both great players, but i hope it's C.J. Henry. and if it is, Xavier Henry will be in lexington. so lets just hope its CJ.
memphistiger Wrote:i can't see this being true. since Witherspoon and Sallie are coming. and i'd say you can deff. count out Henry being in a UK uniform. he is headed straight to Kansas, bad choice on his part. Collins leaving takes away half of there points scored. Henry is good but won't fill Collins roll. however, i do think Cousins and Wall are headed for UK. but no one knows who the 3rd player from Memphis is. could possibly be Shawn Taggart, Doneal Mack. both great players, but i hope it's C.J. Henry. and if it is, Xavier Henry will be in lexington. so lets just hope its CJ.

Tell you right now, none of the players from Memphis are coming, Cal told anyone who was signed with Memphis to stay there. UK has slim chance of Henry coming. Cousins is almost set on going anywhere Cal went, and Wall is having a sit down with Duke very soon, so we play the waiting game with him.
memphistiger Wrote:i can't see this being true. since Witherspoon and Sallie are coming. and i'd say you can deff. count out Henry being in a UK uniform. he is headed straight to Kansas, bad choice on his part. Collins leaving takes away half of there points scored. Henry is good but won't fill Collins roll. however, i do think Cousins and Wall are headed for UK. but no one knows who the 3rd player from Memphis is. could possibly be Shawn Taggart, Doneal Mack. both great players, but i hope it's C.J. Henry. and if it is, Xavier Henry will be in lexington. so lets just hope its CJ.

Well I hope you just watched the press conference, because once again he reiterated that he told his players that it was his wishes that they remained at Memphis. Why would you hope for the demise of your team?
One note about today, Cal is doing a farewell presser in Memphis at noon, and as soon as that is over, Coach Cal is headed out to Oklahoma to talk with Daniel Orton, this guy isn't waiting one second people, he's UK's coach and he's diving in head first. If Cal keeps Orton for sure, it could land Henry in Lexington, Orton and Henry play on the same AAU team, Athlete's First.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:One note about today, Cal is doing a farewell presser in Memphis at noon, and as soon as that is over, Coach Cal is headed out to Oklahoma to talk with Daniel Orton, this guy isn't waiting one second people, he's UK's coach and he's diving in head first.

Im loving this, a month ago i was in Big Blue depression. Now we got a coach who is for REAL. Im glad to see that he is making Orton one of his top priorities.
Donald Williams, Ramon Harris, A.J. Stewart will probably all leave due to Cal telling them they don't have what it takes to play here when he has his individual meeting and is honest with them! Along with Porter and Carter who will be leaving that is 5 scholarships available.
1. Orton
2. Hood
3. Cousins
4. Wall
5 Henry Uk will be loaded and ready for a run at the final 4 in his first season...... wooooo hoooooooooooooo.
Quote:Donald Williams, Ramon Harris, A.J. Stewart will probably all leave due to Cal telling them they don't have what it takes to play here when he has his individual meeting and is honest with them! Along with Porter and Carter who will be leaving that is 5 scholarships available.
1. Orton
2. Hood
3. Cousins
4. Wall
5 Henry Uk will be loaded and ready for a run at the final 4 in his first season...... wooooo hoooooooooooooo.

^ sounds good to me. lets go get em'
If we could have those players leave and have those 5 scholarships, we would be in business. Like Coach said UK wants the best of the best! I dont think that he will settle for anything less.
Their scholarships are only on a 1 year renewable basis anyways, so he can keep who he wants to and tell the others thanks for playing and would be in their best interest to transfer. It's not like they are mandatory 4 year rides. He will get who he wants and be ready to run next year.
ESPN just said that Xavier Henry has been released of his LOI at Memphis and would likely follow Calipari to Kentucky. ESPN also said that DeMarcus Cousins would likely follow Cal to UK as well.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:ESPN just said that Xavier Henry has been released of his LOI at Memphis and would likely follow Calipari to Kentucky. ESPN also said that DeMarcus Cousins would likely follow Cal to UK as well.

Wouldnt that be the best! but I keep hearing Henry is heading to Kansas.
Quote:Wouldnt that be the best! but I keep hearing Henry is heading to Kansas.

i keep hearing the same thing that Henry's going to KU. but all we can do is wait and see and im anxious to see what happens
I'm sure that Xavier Henry will reevaluate his recruitment and likely goto either Kentucky or Kansas.
Strikeout King Wrote:i keep hearing the same thing that Henry's going to KU. but all we can do is wait and see and im anxious to see what happens

Maybe you heard wrong and it was UK not KU. lol