Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR- Daniel Orton has asked for a release from his LOI @ UK
Per scouts.com

We get Demarcus Cousins, but lose Daniel Orton. Myself, I would have rather had Daniel Orton. He is less likely to be one & done. I guess this is what happens when you have this type of coach.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/
That's perfectly fine, let Orton go somewhere that he'll get beat up on by the Cats for the next few years.
I would loved to seen him in the Blue and White. But I can't blame him. Our frontcourt will be ridiculously deep next year if Patterson returns. Cousins, Patterson, and Stevenson. Orton would of got some playing time but probably wouldn't have started. It will be hard to find a better frontcourt in America if Patterson returns. If Patterson goes pro then Orton might end up here. He is probably waiting to see what Patterson decides to do.

The good thing about Orton's release is that it frees up another scholarship for desperately needed PG and another Wing Scorer. Hopefully we get Wall or Bledsoe and the Henry brothers.

Patterson's scholarship (if he leaves) could go to Orton.
torQQue Wrote:I would loved to seen him in the Blue and White. But I can't blame him. Our frontcourt will be ridiculously deep next year if Patterson returns. Cousins, Patterson, and Stevenson. Orton would of got some playing time but probably wouldn't have started. It will be hard to find a better frontcourt in America if Patterson returns. If Patterson goes pro then Orton might end up here. He is probably waiting to see what Patterson decides to do.

The good thing about Orton's release is that it frees up another scholarship for desperately needed PG and another Wing Scorer. Hopefully we get Wall or Bledsoe and the Henry brothers.

Patterson's scholarship (if he leaves) could go to Orton.

You hit the nail right on the head.
C.Clair Wrote:You hit the nail right on the head.

You know what? I forgot about Pilgrim too. :Clap:
I was reading an article and the guy was saying that Pilgrim would be a top 25 players if he was coming out of high school. We will def have the best frontcourt in the nation.
Orton has not asked for his release. That's just people trying to start rumors hoping they can derail this train thats coming to UK country. Two weeks ago we had a top thirty recruiting class. When Coach C gets done we'll have the #1 recruiting class in the country!:Clap:
Conflicting reports, another report stated they talked to Orton's father and he said that was bad information
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Conflicting reports, another report stated they talked to Orton's father and he said that was bad information

Mark Maggard is reporting that Ortons father said it wasn't true. But, that was old news. He has in fact asked for a release today. Multiple sources besdies scout have confirmed it. Its true, not rumors.
Blackcats2954 Wrote:Orton has not asked for his release. That's just people trying to start rumors hoping they can derail this train thats coming to UK country. Two weeks ago we had a top thirty recruiting class. When Coach C gets done we'll have the #1 recruiting class in the country!:Clap:

I highly doubt we'll be able to out due North Carolina, especially if they end up with John Wall. They already have 4 McDonald's all americans, 6 ESPN Top 100 players.. They are reloading..
Just because someone asks for a release does not mean that it will be granted. When Pitino left, the administation took the stance that they WOULD NOT grant releases to incoming recruits. The reason cited at that time was that those players had signed on to play for the University of Kentucky, not the University of Rick Pitino. Perhaps UK will grant releases this time, because I dont know if I would want players in the program that did not want to be there to begin with. Regardless, the decision is totally in UK' s hands.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I highly doubt we'll be able to out due North Carolina, especially if they end up with John Wall. They already have 4 McDonald's all americans, 6 ESPN Top 100 players.. They are reloading..

According to Espn.com, North Carolina is not in Wall's list of considered schools...

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruitin...eason=2009
Well from what I have read today, the Orton family talked and asked for a release earlier this mourning. They said that it doesnt mean that he wont come to UK but he is reopening his recruitment.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just because someone asks for a release does not mean that it will be granted. When Pitino left, the administation took the stance that they WOULD NOT grant releases to incoming recruits. The reason cited at that time was that those players had signed on to play for the University of Kentucky, not the University of Rick Pitino. Perhaps UK will grant releases this time, because I dont know if I would want players in the program that did not want to be there to begin with. Regardless, the decision is totally in UK' s hands.

Coach Cal already said he would grant all the players who wanted to be released to be allowed to do so..
Football Frenzy Wrote:According to Espn.com, North Carolina is not in Wall's list of considered schools...

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruitin...eason=2009

North Carolina just started to pursuing him heavily after the championship monday night. They are making a strong push, and John Wall is reportedly intrested. He is heavily leaning towards Duke as of now tho. As a North Carolina kid, It will be really hard to pull him away from those two schools. Especially now with his mother having an illness, and Wall expressing intrest in staying closer to home.
An artile that I read about Wall, his AAU coach said that he WOULD NOT go to UNC because of the way that Roy Williams coached. Take that for what it is, who knows though.
We will be fine no matter what.
C.Clair Wrote:An artile that I read about Wall, his AAU coach said that he WOULD NOT go to UNC because of the way that Roy Williams coached. Take that for what it is, who knows though.

I don't doubt that. But like I said, he wants to stay close to home now, because his mom's illness. If I was to bet, I'd lay money he will be @ Duke.
Hopefully Orton will still decide to come to the Big Blue Nation.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Coach Cal already said he would grant all the players who wanted to be released to be allowed to do so..
:thumpsup:
He has not asked for his release!!!
It has been confirmed that he has. Someone please post the info so everyone won't get confused.
WKYT's website says that he did not ask for a release... their story was updated at 3:50.
His father said it was not true... that he did not ask for a release.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackcats2954 Wrote:Orton has not asked for his release. That's just people trying to start rumors hoping they can derail this train thats coming to UK country. Two weeks ago we had a top thirty recruiting class. When Coach C gets done we'll have the #1 recruiting class in the country!:Clap:

i just heard the same thing on wkyt 27 news first. Orton's dad said the guy that made this up was just lying and that as far as he knew Daniel was still coming to UK.
Strikeout King Wrote:i just heard the same thing on wkyt 27 news first. Orton's dad said the guy that made this up was just lying and that as far as he knew Daniel was still coming to UK.
dang skippy
http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=184

UK Basketball: Orton’s father says son has not asked for his release from UK

This post was written by admin on April 8, 2009
Posted Under: UK Basketball
By LARRY VAUGHT
[email]larry@amnews.com[/email]
Recruit Daniel Orton has not asked for his release from the University of Kentucky according to his father, Larry, even though Scout.com recruiting analyst Evan Daniels quotes the Oklahoma center as saying he had asked for his release.
“His dad said that is not true,” Larry Orton said Wednesday afternoon. “Don’t believe that. It is not true.”
Daniel Orton signed with Kentucky in November when Billy Gillispie was UK’s coach. After Gillispie was fired and John Calipari hired, the new UK coach made his first visit to Oklahoma City to see the Ortons.
Daniel Orton will be in Louisville Thursday to prepare for Saturday’s Wazoo Sports [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]Derby[/COLOR][/COLOR] Festival Classic at Freedom Hall. His father will also be here and hopes to meet with the UK coach while he’s in Kentucky.
“Daniel has not asked for his release. If it comes to that, I will be the one asking,” Larry Orton said. “There’s no need to ask for a release until we decide if we need one.”
Daniel Orton and his father both insisted they had no idea that DeMarcus Cousins, Scout.com’s sixth-rated prospect nationally, was going to commit to UK as he did Tuesday. Orton, Scout.com’s No. 3 center, did tell Daniels he would want to see how Calipari would use the two of them together.
“We didn’t know anything about Cousins,” Larry Orton said. “Obviously, nobody is going to call and tell me who is being recruited or anything like that. We are worrying about Daniel and no one else. That’s hard enough.”
Daniel Orton didn’t rule out playing for Kentucky and told Daniels he simply needed more facts and information about the new coach and his system.
“As I have said before, Daniel signed with Kentucky and that’s still where he is going,” Larry Orton said. “If something changes, we will let people now. But nothing has happened yet to change anything.”
WYMT reported that this rumor is false.
thank you for the info. We should now not post that he has until it changes.