Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Delk & Scott Padget to Join UK Coaching Staff
as a “Special Assistant” that will not be part of the regular three assistants, but will have another role with the program. While his duties are not certain, he will be able to learn under Coach Calipari and get his foot in the door to coaching. Calipari already has two assistant coaching jobs filled and is looking for a recruiter for the third. Rod Strickland will be the Basketball Operations guy and Padgett will likely be in a special assistant role. In addition, another former player (this one of the Pitino era) is also considering a possibility of taking on a similar role to Padgett, although it is not clear whether he will actually end up taking the gig. If this becomes reality, we wish Scott well and I know he will do a great job. <-----according to kentucky sports radio
This would be awesome. I met Scott a couple months ago. He's a pretty great guy. Could the other guy possibly be Jeff Sheppard?
cards_athlete Wrote:This would be awesome. I met Scott a couple months ago. He's a pretty great guy. Could the other guy possibly be Jeff Sheppard?

idk but it sure would be nice to have Jeff Sheppard on the Coaching Staff
Would be great to see these guys around!! Good luck!
cards_athlete Wrote:This would be awesome. I met Scott a couple months ago. He's a pretty great guy. Could the other guy possibly be Jeff Sheppard?
I have heard Tony Delk's name mentioned a few times, as well as Kyle Macy...it's all just rumors but it would be cool to see either one of these guys on the staff.
Here is a name for you that was just heard recently: JAMAL MASHBURN>>>> The Monster Mash
:Thumbs:
Navajo4life Wrote:Here is a name for you that was just heard recently: JAMAL MASHBURN>>>> The Monster Mash
I'd like to see more former Cats involved. Would be very good for the whole program
Scott Padgett was my favorite player when he was at UK
He used to be able to stroke 3's with the best of em
too bad that didn't transfer to the NBA when he played for my Jazz Sad
Glade to see that Coach Cal is wanting former players to get involved.
Scott Pagdett was the man
This is good. Former UK players need to be included in the program. This is a big difference than Billy G. Looks as if Cal is trying to get on the right side of the alum of UK. Very smart.
I actually was at a uk game when he was playing against South Carolina wearing a 34 jerzey of UK and his Fiance was sitting beside of me and my family and he came and got me and signed autographs and actually let me shoot with him at RUPP....and I went the NBA game the Jazz and Celtics and he remembered me andlet me play again...he is a great guy and knows the game and he can stroke
if it makes these young men understand what it means to wear that jersey then I am all for it.
where is a link fir this showing that he is going to be the assist. coach....I can find it anywhere.....Please show me:thanks:
Padgett would fit in nice has great basketball IQ
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Sounds awesome.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
What will be there primary job? Work on the court with the players? I am not that familiar with special assistant.
theVILLE Wrote:where is a link fir this showing that he is going to be the assist. coach....I can find it anywhere.....Please show me:thanks:

Hope this helps. There might be another one, but this is the one that I saw. Just scroll down a little bit.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/
Stardust Wrote:I'd like to see more former Cats involved. Would be very good for the whole program

Agreed.:Thumbs:
I think that Scott and Tony will be helping alot with the offense and they will be great recruiters for coach cal.
They know talent when they see it.