Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs. WVU?
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:We want to play the best of the best and WVU isn't near that so I don't really wanna play them and weaken our schedule. Does anyone think the big east will be as overrated as they were this year????

Please explain been overrated
theVILLE Wrote:Please explain been overrated

Well they were 3 number 1 seeds from the big east and none of them played in the championship game. :Thumbs:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Well they were 3 number 1 seeds from the big east and none of them played in the championship game. :Thumbs:

But they had three number 1 seeds. That accomplishment reflects more on the season as a whole than a loss in a one and done tournament. :Thumbs:

I am a UK fan but please don't try to down every other team or conference as though they cannot compete with the almighty wildcats.:notworthy
FBALL Wrote:But they had three number 1 seeds. That accomplishment reflects more on the season as a whole than a loss in a one and done tournament. :Thumbs:

I am a UK fan but please don't try to down every other team or conference as though they cannot compete with the almighty wildcats.:notworthy

:Thumbs:
Funny you guys say WVU aint worthy. They have De'Sean Butler, Devin Eubanks & Co. Besides WVU is ranked in the top 10 in almost every pre-season poll... The same polls that UK is ranked behind them..
FBALL Wrote:But they had three number 1 seeds. That accomplishment reflects more on the season as a whole than a loss in a one and done tournament. :Thumbs:

My point exactly.. they are overated and that is why they had three number 1 seeds and none made the big game.. and we beat the almighty mountaineers this year so you might want to check your rankings again big guy..Confusedhh: My almighty wildcats has 7 rings and the winniest program of all time.. soo I'm pretty sure I can down any team I want.. :Thumbs:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:My point exactly.. they are overated and that is why they had three number 1 seeds and none made the big game.. and we beat the almighty mountaineers this year so you might want to check your rankings again big guy..Confusedhh: My almighty wildcats has 7 rings and the winniest program of all time.. soo I'm pretty sure I can down any team I want.. :Thumbs:

No wonder people think most Kentucky fans are stupid.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:My point exactly.. they are overated and that is why they had three number 1 seeds and none made the big game.. and we beat the almighty mountaineers this year so you might want to check your rankings again big guy..Confusedhh: My almighty wildcats has 7 rings and the winniest program of all time.. soo I'm pretty sure I can down any team I want.. :Thumbs:

Did the Almighty Mountaineers make the tournament this year? Just curious...
mrfootball03 Wrote:No wonder people think most Kentucky fans are stupid.

I would disagree with the word most because I think it is a few fans that cause that reaction out of other bball fans. If you look at the post here most people think it is a great game to pick up.

They are my Wildcats too but that doesn't give me the right to down anybody. You can do it but it is only a poor reflection on you.

North Carolina has more NCAA tournament wins. 101

UCLA has more national championships. Thats 11 rings.

Does that mean that they can call Kentucky unworthy? Of course not.

Yes our Cats beat WVU last year. That was one game. The Mountaineers had a better season and that is why they were in the NCAA tournament and Kentucky was in the NIT.

I haven't put out a set of rankings but since you mentioned it, most polls do have WVU ahead of Kentucky both this past season and for the upcomming season as well.

:yawn:
FBALL Wrote:They are my Wildcats too but that doesn't give me the right to down anybody. You can do it but it is only a poor reflection on you.

North Carolina has more NCAA tournament wins. 101

UCLA has more national championships. Thats 11 rings.

Does that mean that they can call Kentucky unworthy? Of course not.

Yes our Cats beat WVU last year. That was one game. The Mountaineers had a better season and that is why they were in the NCAA tournament and Kentucky was in the NIT.

I haven't put out a set of rankings but since you mentioned it, most polls do have WVU ahead of Kentucky both this past season and for the upcomming season as well.

:yawn:

Upcoming season?? Those polls can't be accurate because they are people still declaring for the draft and people that haven't commited yet.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Upcoming season?? Those polls can't be accurate because they are people still declaring for the draft and people that haven't commited yet.

You are right the early preseason polls will change all the way to November when the teams hit the floor. But what the early rankings consider is talent returning to each team and committed recruits and their potential to help each team. But what those polls do indicated is that WVU is returning talent and have solid recruits at this point in the year and many expect them to compete as a consitent top 25 team. And that makes them a quality opponent for UK or any other team in college basketball.
Colonel Kill Wrote:You are right the early preseason polls will change all the way to November when the teams hit the floor. But what the early rankings consider is talent returning to each team and committed recruits and their potential to help each team. But what those polls do indicated is that WVU is returning talent and have solid recruits at this point in the year and many expect them to compete as a consitent top 25 team. And that makes them a quality opponent for UK or any other team in college basketball.

I hope we join the big east so we can prove how overrated all of those teams are.
TheONLY1 Wrote:I hope we join the big east so we can prove how overrated all of those teams are.

I like the SEC and think they will return as a power conference in the next year or two but the Big East has established themselves as a very good conference. I can see why you say that given UK's stellar record against the Big East teams last year 1 win 2 losses and two of those teams were average teams in the Big East. I would actually like to see a SEC/Big East challenge like the ACC/Big 10 do in Nov/Dec. I think that would make for some good games.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I like the SEC and think they will return as a power conference in the next year or two but the Big East has established themselves as a very good conference. I can see why you say that given UK's stellar record against the Big East teams last year 1 win 2 losses and two of those teams were average teams in the Big East. I would actually like to see a SEC/Big East challenge like the ACC/Big 10 do in Nov/Dec. I think that would make for some good games.

I think there really is going to be 1 this coming season. I think we play uconn or something and btw find me one team from the big east that has more wins against UK then UK has against them.:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Please explain been overrated

Being the #1 overall seed only to get demolished in the elite 8 by a team that got killed in the championship game.:Thumbs:
15th region slamdunk Wrote::Clap:Thats what im saying.

Remind me who UK beat to win that trophy in your avatar? lol
UK and WVU would be a good game this upcoming year, and I would love to see it happen. Over a long period of time, UK is certainly the stronger program and would have the better team more often than not, but WVU will be very good next season. Most experts have them in the top 10, but even if they're just in the top 25 that's still pretty impressive. If UK had played a few more of those teams this past year instead of cupcake city, their RPI wouldn't have been in the toilet.

Now, I know you can't play all tough teams. You have to have some easy games like EKU and Morehead. But we do need to strengthen the out-of-conference slate a bit. It will pay big dividends come tourney time.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:UK and WVU would be a good game this upcoming year, and I would love to see it happen. Over a long period of time, UK is certainly the stronger program and would have the better team more often than not, but WVU will be very good next season. Most experts have them in the top 10, but even if they're just in the top 25 that's still pretty impressive. If UK had played a few more of those teams this past year instead of cupcake city, their RPI wouldn't have been in the toilet.

Now, I know you can't play all tough teams. You have to have some easy games like EKU and Morehead. But we do need to strengthen the out-of-conference slate a bit. It will pay big dividends come tourney time.

Confusedhh: WVU will not be able to compete with UK next season!! :notworthy
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Upcoming season?? Those polls can't be accurate because they are people still declaring for the draft and people that haven't commited yet.
You really think all polls are accurate. Come on, you know how this works. As soon as the season ends there are polls about the next season.

Could UK be much better with a couple of big recruits? Yes. That does not change the fact that WVU is a worthy opponent for anyone in the country and would be a great addition to the UK schedule.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Confusedhh: WVU will not be able to compete with UK next season!! :notworthy

Cmon now. Rolleyes
TheONLY1 Wrote:I think there really is going to be 1 this coming season. I think we play uconn or something and btw find me one team from the big east that has more wins against UK then UK has against them.:Thumbs:

I hope there is as I think it will be a great series for both leagues. You are right UK will have the better overall record but I could name you about half the Big East they could not beat the last 2 years. I am one of the biggest UK fans going but I am also some what realistic.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Confusedhh: WVU will not be able to compete with UK next season!! :notworthy

Do you think WVU would just roll over and play dead? Rolleyes
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]