Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central 12 - Lawerence Co. 9
Bobby Keith and PCC has a very nice squad this year and I know from talking with him, that he's very excited about his chances this year to win the Region
I think Perry has a shot to win the Region. But time will tell.
If Shep is not on the mound LC will be beat a few times. There bats don't seem as good as last year.IMO
Crazy game.
Perry was down 6-1 and had a 8 run inning to go up 9-6 and never looked back.
Never seen a game end like that BTW.
Triple Crown Wrote:This game didnt prove anything the game was played in sloppy conditions and the Dawgs pitched to young kids that are not even in the rotation. This would have been a totally diff game if they would have went in rotation. After the they gave up 11 runs, their #2 Cody Moore came in and only gave 1 run so that should explain it all. :Clap:

Dawgs still the best team in the 15th

true!!!! I heard there field was really bad... lawrence county is by far the better team...
It was amazing!!! I realize it was Easter weekend and in a miracle that can only be described as Biblical, the field magically dried up for PCC's defense and remained sloppy for the Lawrence County 'D'. Didn't both teams play on the field? The only bad spots, from what I was told, was in right field and down the left field line. Didn't the right field area hurt PCC more than LC? I believe so with two dropped balls resulting in 3-4 runs for LC. The condition of the field probably didn't play a factor in LC jumping out to a 6-1 lead, right? But then, because the underdog rallies, the field got worse. Quit whining!!!!

PCC beat them and beat them at their own game, hitting the baseball. Lawrence County is not "by far a better team." Man for man LC probably does have a better unit and I do agree they have the best pitcher in the EKY region, but he wasn't on the mound Saturday. If he was pitching, then for that day, yes LC has a better squad because of a pitcher. PCC doesn't crush the ball the way Hazard does. They don't hit for power the way LC can, and they don't pound it the way others do, but they beat you and that's all that matters. Maybe on another day LC wins because that's baseball. BOTTOM LINE...12-9 is your final score.

Oh yeah, as for the last pitcher who just gave up one run that's because he didn't pitch long enough for the Dores to go off on him:rockon: .
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ahh, the old "if, coulda, woulda, shoulda excuses".

Got news for you bud, it was both teams that played in those same sloppy conditions, but one team found a way.

Again, you need to figure out a way to get back to school. Even if it means not playing ball. You need that education.

Whats up with the personal comments? If you know the person, then have some respect and message him instead of putting personal information where everyone can see... Rude, and this is not the only thread you have said this
The Pope Wrote:It was amazing!!! I realize it was Easter weekend and in a miracle that can only be described as Biblical, the field magically dried up for PCC's defense and remained sloppy for the Lawrence County 'D'. Didn't both teams play on the field? The only bad spots, from what I was told, was in right field and down the left field line. Didn't the right field area hurt PCC more than LC? I believe so with two dropped balls resulting in 3-4 runs for LC. The condition of the field probably didn't play a factor in LC jumping out to a 6-1 lead, right? But then, because the underdog rallies, the field got worse. Quit whining!!!!

PCC beat them and beat them at their own game, hitting the baseball. Lawrence County is not "by far a better team." Man for man LC probably does have a better unit and I do agree they have the best pitcher in the EKY region, but he wasn't on the mound Saturday. If he was pitching, then for that day, yes LC has a better squad because of a pitcher. PCC doesn't crush the ball the way Hazard does. They don't hit for power the way LC can, and they don't pound it the way others do, but they beat you and that's all that matters. Maybe on another day LC wins because that's baseball. BOTTOM LINE...12-9 is your final score.

Oh yeah, as for the last pitcher who just gave up one run that's because he didn't pitch long enough for the Dores to go off on him:rockon: .

Im pretty sure lawrence is by far the better team.....man for man in every position i would have every lawrence county player starting over PCC players...Just wait and see ....who is in the state tourney......:Thumbs:
This was suprising.
House of Pain Wrote:Whats up with the personal comments? If you know the person, then have some respect and message him instead of putting personal information where everyone can see... Rude, and this is not the only thread you have said this
That's kind of a hypocritical comment, isn't it?
Bottom line PCC and LC put their teams on the same field and PCC came out on top. No excuses lost is a lost regardless of field conditions.:dontthink
CleanupMan Wrote:Bottom line PCC and LC put their teams on the same field and PCC came out on top. No excuses lost is a lost regardless of field conditions.:dontthink

Correct. The field was in the same condition for both teams. LC did pitch their #2 but he came out late in 4th (I believe) with an arm problem.

It simply wasn't LC's day to win. Not everyone makes excuses and it is insulting that we are accused of it as a "whole" fan base. The dawgs fell apart. Simple as that. Had nothing to do with the field condition or being young. It happens. It's baseball.
That is why they play the games, if it was all done on paper, it wouldn't be high school baseball! Congrats to the doors, good luck against Knott tonight.
Dawg@heart Wrote:Correct. The field was in the same condition for both teams. LC did pitch their #2 but he came out late in 4th (I believe) with an arm problem.

It simply wasn't LC's day to win. Not everyone makes excuses and it is insulting that we are accused of it as a "whole" fan base. The dawgs fell apart. Simple as that. Had nothing to do with the field condition or being young. It happens. It's baseball.
So you guys did throw your "#2" pitcher? I'm assuming that would be Moore? That one weird feller was saying you didn't, that it was kids that didn't even play varsity last year? Suffice it to say, I credit your post over his. :Thumbs:
Hopefully nothing major with the arm problems you mentioned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dawg@heart Wrote:Correct. The field was in the same condition for both teams. LC did pitch their #2 but he came out late in 4th (I believe) with an arm problem.

Nice post!!! We finally get one that makes a little sense.

Your exactly right. Things happpen in this game all the time, it just the constant junk , the obnoxiousness, and the bragging we hear from about 98% of the Lawrence posters that gets very old. Now you see why it's always open season on some of these nuts for the rest of us.

I'm like Ring em up. I commend you on your honesty.

Good luck to Lawrence on the rest of the season.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:So you guys did throw your "#2" pitcher? I'm assuming that would be Moore? That one weird feller was saying you didn't, that it was kids that didn't even play varsity last year? Suffice it to say, I credit your post over his. :Thumbs:

Yes, that is correct-it was Cody. He was doing great, the game was at 6-1 LC. But the smart move is to never chance injury to a kids arm, no matter what the game situation is. Kudos to the coaches for taking him out.

I have to assume he was referring to Sam and Michael-both of whom haven't pitched varsity until this year.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:So you guys did throw your "#2" pitcher? I'm assuming that would be Moore? That one weird feller was saying you didn't, that it was kids that didn't even play varsity last year? Suffice it to say, I credit your post over his. :Thumbs:

And no, nothing serious being reported about his arm. Probably just soreness?? I don't know for sure!
The Pope Wrote:It was amazing!!! I realize it was Easter weekend and in a miracle that can only be described as Biblical, the field magically dried up for PCC's defense and remained sloppy for the Lawrence County 'D'. Didn't both teams play on the field? The only bad spots, from what I was told, was in right field and down the left field line. Didn't the right field area hurt PCC more than LC? I believe so with two dropped balls resulting in 3-4 runs for LC. The condition of the field probably didn't play a factor in LC jumping out to a 6-1 lead, right? But then, because the underdog rallies, the field got worse. Quit whining!!!!

You realized the starter for that game, (Moore) only gave up one run, one hit, and threw a no hitter through 1-3 innings and came out after the fourth due to pitch counting saving him for a district game against Magoffin County on tuesday. May I remind you it was 6-1 when he came out. BOTTOM LINE....PCC scored off two JV pitchers. CONGRATS... cant hit off a true varsity pitcher.
:Clap:

:lmao:

:Thumbs:

Confusedhh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The "Dores" are a great team when they can hit off JV pitchers.
:biggrin:
Oh yeah and Moore pitched Four innnings was that not enough for the "Dores" to go off on him? Seems to me that they scored 1 run on him...
HMMMMM?
great post The Pope!
SolidOxygen Wrote:You realized the starter for that game, (Moore) only gave up one run, one hit, and threw a no hitter through 1-3 innings and came out after the fourth due to pitch counting saving him for a district game against Magoffin County on tuesday. May I remind you it was 6-1 when he came out. BOTTOM LINE....PCC scored off two JV pitchers. CONGRATS... cant hit off a true varsity pitcher.
:Clap:

:lmao:

:Thumbs:

Confusedhh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The "Dores" are a great team when they can hit off JV pitchers.
:biggrin:

Haha sounds about right
mountain hoops guru Wrote:That is why they play the games, if it was all done on paper, it wouldn't be high school baseball! Congrats to the doors, good luck against Knott tonight.

Dores* you mean?
TongueirateSho
hahahaha
Congrats PCC. this suprised me i figured that Lawrence County would run all over PCC.
Best of Luck to both teams the rest of the way.

i cant wait til this game happens

May 15th Perry County Central @ Estill County 6:00 pm

we will see who the top dawg is in the 14th after this game is over!!!!
Keep it clean and on the subject of the thread. Bashing will not be condoned!

This is your only warning- if it continues as previously written in a few of the posts, it will be closed!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats PCC.

Good post :Thumbs: Good luck to Lawrence the rest of the season.
Using the sloppy field as an excuse is pathetic.
Perry had to deal with it too.
lawrence LC Wrote:Im pretty sure lawrence is by far the better team.....man for man in every position i would have every lawrence county player starting over PCC players...Just wait and see ....who is in the state tourney......:Thumbs:

They have BY FAR the better team yet they lost? That really makes no sense.
Umm, Why are the dogs better then PCC, PCC had to get to the field at 10 o clock in the morning and work on the field, also the filed affected PCC more in right field, so you cant say PCC won because of the field.
Aslan Wrote:They have BY FAR the better team yet they lost? That really makes no sense.

So Perry can win when Lawrence pitches Sheperd?
They would have won if Moore had stayed in to pitch as it was.

:HitWall: