Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Fishing
Anyone on here fish for Trout much? I just started this spring and I really enjoy it. Been fishing at Dewey & Paintsville's tailwaters and have experienced success at each.
I've had success at Paintsville in the past years.
A buddy of mine , knows where 2 spots are that the state stocks. These are two small holes in very small streams. He said they have stocked them for as long as he has been alive. The only people that still go is he and his immediate family. He won't tell anyone. I know he takes kids from his baseball team every year and they love it.
Ridge Runner Wrote:A buddy of mine , knows where 2 spots are that the state stocks. These are two small holes in very small streams. He said they have stocked them for as long as he has been alive. The only people that still go is he and his immediate family. He won't tell anyone. I know he takes kids from his baseball team every year and they love it.

Well some streams they stock around here are Hood Creek (Johnson Co.), Left Fork of Beaver Creek (Floyd Co.), and Russell Fork Creek (Pike Co.).

So if your buddy lives within' these three counties, it has to be one of those locations.
Fishpond lake has trout. There is a pretty decent bite all year. I dont know when they stock but you can contact The Mountain Eagle website and find Gabbies articles on there. if you can get in touch with him he will have the details. My personal best came out of there and was 4.5lb bow. The largemouth are also eating them. It is like straight protein and the bass there get huge. Its in Letcher Co. I used to do good on corn or redworms tossed on light line like 5 or 6 lb. That was before dough berkley power bait dough. Corn may even be illegal now. And i almost forgot the salmon eggs do good as well. Me though im tossing swimbaits up near the dam. If you fish about 60yds out from the dam there is an old submerged dam. The bass and trout got a connection at that spot.