Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Field in the 14th?
thoughts?

Estill.

Hazard 's Field is pretty nice.
Overall, Knott Central.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Overall, Knott Central.

do you have any pics of KCC field? i have one of Estill's.
If you like artificial grass Knott is the best with the grand stands to watch a game from. If you don't, then Hazard has the best looking field, they have been working on the facilities and have built a concession stand and press box this year, got it really looking good. These two are the best around the 14th.
Kcc
Estill dont have any room to put anything. Our field is on top of a hill. so there is like barely any room to park. you have to park down at the bottom of the hill and walk up to the field. which isnt that far. plus the school didnt have that field put in. all they done was had the lights put up
Perry Co. lol hahaha
Hazard
Knott Central
Cordia
Estill
Letcher Central. No Doubt. For $2.5 million it would've better have been nice.
Jshort5 Wrote:Letcher Central. No Doubt. For $2.5 million it would've better have been nice.

:Thumbs: LCC does have a very nice facilty. I didnt list them on my list because I havent been able to come see it in person yet but I have seen many pics and it is very nice! I plan to come catch a game soon.
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs: LCC does have a very nice facilty. I didnt list them on my list because I havent been able to come see it in person yet but I have seen many pics and it is very nice! I plan to come catch a game soon.

Yeah, you should come on over to Letcher Co. and get a BBQ sandwhich while we play...haha Big Grin
The only thing i see wrong with LCC is there is no parking. The field is great.
Hazard if they had a better area to watch. It is not fan friendly.
kymom Wrote:The only thing i see wrong with LCC is there is no parking. The field is great.

Too True. I don't know what the contractors/Engineers/School Board thought when they put the field there. There is a VERY limited amount of parking. But needless to say, we are very lucky to be playing on a field this nice. I remember when I was really little, and I would go to Johnson City and see those new baseball fields on 181 and think to myself, one day I want to play on a field that nice, and now I am...So it literally is a dream come true.
What do you guys think about Perrys field?
I havent been to many fields, just become a fan of hs baseball last year, so i really don't have much of an opinion on this subject.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill dont have any room to put anything. Our field is on top of a hill. so there is like barely any room to park. you have to park down at the bottom of the hill and walk up to the field. which isnt that far. plus the school didnt have that field put in. all they done was had the lights put up

first off your crazy cause kcc is the same way and kcc has an much nicer field hands down
Aslan Wrote:What do you guys think about Perrys field?.

Perry doesn't even have a field. The field they play on belongs to the City and Perry asked could they paint the dugouts and make it look a little bit like a home field to them and were told NO. So until they go and build one, they don't have one of their own. They do work on it though, just to be able to play their. Got a really nice scoreboard put in last year and some how were allowed to have PCC on it. Infield is very long and slow and the outfield is like playing on a 4 wheeler trail with all the ruts due to it being used in the fall for "kickball", i mean varsity soccer games in the outfield. So to answer your question, the field is horrible.
KCC is the best
Kcc
LCC is very nice but not enough seating
Jshort5 Wrote:Letcher Central. No Doubt. For $2.5 million it would've better have been nice.

The question was who has the best "field" in the 14th, not the best facilities. If you go on that, Estill County wins hands down. Tens of thousands of dollars for sod, worked before and after every practice/game, striped before every game, mowed and weed-eated weekly, there is no comparison to the amount of work that goes into that field or the results. Plus it plays absolutely beautifully.
Cordia has a real nice feild but it doesn't drain that well, I do really like Hazards and I really want to go see LCC new feild.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Perry doesn't even have a field. The field they play on belongs to the City and Perry asked could they paint the dugouts and make it look a little bit like a home field to them and were told NO. So until they go and build one, they don't have one of their own. They do work on it though, just to be able to play their. Got a really nice scoreboard put in last year and some how were allowed to have PCC on it. Infield is very long and slow and the outfield is like playing on a 4 wheeler trail with all the ruts due to it being used in the fall for "kickball", i mean varsity soccer games in the outfield. So to answer your question, the field is horrible.

That's a joke!!!
AleDavJes Wrote:The question was who has the best "field" in the 14th, not the best facilities. If you go on that, Estill County wins hands down. Tens of thousands of dollars for sod, worked before and after every practice/game, striped before every game, mowed and weed-eated weekly, there is no comparison to the amount of work that goes into that field or the results. Plus it plays absolutely beautifully.

All of the hard work you speak of is a direct reflection on Danny Wood and the way he runs his program.
Lcc may have a field that looks great but it dosent even drain properly. You would think for a field that was that costly they wouldn't have scrimped on a better draining system. Maybe they can spend another million or so to fix that problem while our girls softball team dosent have a field.
blue_eyed_girl Wrote:Maybe they can spend another million or so to fix that problem while our girls softball team dosent have a field.

I believe the KHSAA gave them a 2 year extension to get the girls field done, but after that if they still don't have it done, I believe they said they would make them take a grader to the infield and make it all dirt so they can share their $3 million dollar field with the girls! :redboxer:
blue_eyed_girl Wrote:Lcc may have a field that looks great but it dosent even drain properly. You would think for a field that was that costly they wouldn't have scrimped on a better draining system. Maybe they can spend another million or so to fix that problem while our girls softball team dosent have a field.

Sounds to me like the softball girls just like to whine. The baseball field is beautiful and is a great field to play on. If the softball team want a field or new uniforms then they need to work for it. Im tired of the critisim from the softball team when they do nothing to get what they want. The baseball team works and raises money for what they get, they earn it.
So come whining when you have done all that and still dont have nothing, but until then keep your comments to yourself.
Smoke 20 Wrote:Sounds to me like the softball girls just like to whine. The baseball field is beautiful and is a great field to play on. If the softball team want a field or new uniforms then they need to work for it. Im tired of the critisim from the softball team when they do nothing to get what they want. The baseball team works and raises money for what they get, they earn it.
So come whining when you have done all that and still dont have nothing, but until then keep your comments to yourself.

Seriously, they raised 2 1/2 million dollars to build this field?????? What kind of fundraising did they do?? I'm sure there are coaches all over the state that would like to know how they paid for this field by theirselves????? And I"m sure they couldn't of split it up and built 2 fields at $1 1/4 million each!!! I guess that would of made much more sense for the school.
Here's a couple of pictures of Hazard's baseball field....

[Image: http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/41773/...425Q85.jpg]

[Image: http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/21225/...425Q85.jpg]
Is it me or is the foul pole hanging just a little to the right, lol. Kind of reminds me of baseball God's pulling it over for a homerun to stay fair for Hazard when needed, lol! They do have a nice field and seems to be getting nicer every year!