Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 3 Lawrence 1
Final.. Congrats Tigers
Adams goes deep to end Shepps scoreless streak with a three run bomb..
Adams is the real deal, good job Tigers. I'm guessing Lyons threw for Paintsville?
Lyons came in for Rice. Rice pitched 2 1/3 solid innings, then Lyons finished it with a heck of a game.
Congrats Tigers!
Nice shot Corey.
blackcat Wrote:Adams is the real deal, good job Tigers. I'm guessing Lyons threw for Paintsville?

Rice started the game and gave up the one LC run. Good to see him back on the mound for Paintsville and he did a great job. Lyons came in with bases loaded and 1 out I believe and he finished the game.
Glad to have seth back on the mound..he did a good job and excellent job by lyons on a well pitched game.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Hopefully, the Tiger faithful on here do not do the same and gloat too much about this regular season victory. Enjoy it guys you deserved it! But don't let it go to your heads.

LOL:thatsfunn
Great game as all pitchers did very well, only 5 hits for both teams. Shep pitched very well, Rice threw well but was pulled in the third after tiring(just started throwing off the mound a couple of weeks ago and only 2-3 innings in games til tonight), Lyons pitched very well also.
Big seeded win for the Tigers but we realize that this was only a step toward the bigger picture.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Hopefully, the Tiger faithful on here do not do the same and gloat too much about this regular season victory. Enjoy it guys you deserved it! But don't let it go to your heads.
I dont think we'll see that. Lawrence fans biggest problem is they dont know how to handle success plus they live in their own little fantasy world..

It's just like I said a couple of days ago. There is not a great deal of difference in Lawrence, JC, and Paintsville this year. Lawrence is just not that dominating team that we have heard about over and over and over about from their fans. Now even with Shephard on the mound that is a confirmed fact. Fact is they just lost too much offensive firepower from last year.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont think we'll see that. Lawrence fans biggest problem is they dont know how to handle success.

It's just like I said a couple of days ago. There is not a great deal of difference in Lawrence, JC, and Paintsville this year. Lawrence is just not that dominating team that we have heard about over and over and over about from their fans. Now even with Shephard on the mound that is a confirmed fact. Fact is they just lost too much offensive firepower from last year.

Shepard was honorable mention all state as a freshman and dominated JC as a 8th grader.. Confusedhh:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Shepard was honorable mention all state as a freshman and dominated JC as a 8th grader.. Confusedhh:
The only game he threw against JC as an 8th grader was the regional finals, and he only made it through 3 innings and took the loss, bub.
Way to go BIG BLUE! Corey Adams rocked it tonight. All the players did great!!! Congrats to a great game.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Shepard was honorable mention all state as a freshman and dominated JC as a 8th grader.. Confusedhh:
What in the world does that have to do with this game?

Whats that got to do with tonite's game?:eyeroll:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Congratulations to the Tigers and to Austin fon a great relief performance.

Word at the game was that Shephard topped out at 85 in the first inning and primarily pitched in the high 70's to low 80's for the better part of the game. What happened to the 94's he consistantly hurls Batpuff ?

I wonder what excuses SolidOxygen, theOnly1, Batpuff, KINGJAMES#1, Triple Crown, and House of Pain can come up with now? I did see about an 18inch mud puddle in right field. I guess it was those sloppy conditions again. This is what happens when all you do is run your mouth. Matter of fact this is Lawrence's 3rd loss just since Saturday. Welcome to reality boys.

Way to dominate everything Dawg fans!!!. Haha

I dont expect we'll hear too much from the DawgPound on this game.

Name one pitcher better than Shepard in eastern KY???
The Guru Wrote:What in the world does that have to do with this game?

LOL beat me to the punch....
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Name one pitcher better than Shepard in eastern KY???

Lyons was tonite....:rockon:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's funny you got your cans kicked and still all you have is stupid questions and comments that dont have anything at all to do with toonights game. How does crow taste there Money Maker?

It's pretty tasty.. :thanks:
Whats wrong with Seth ?
Looks like an interesting race in the 57th. How did Lawerence County score?
Congrats Paintsville
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Name one pitcher better than Shepard in eastern KY???

Thursday night, April 16th, 2009 Lyons was better than Shepard. Tomorrow night is a whole new ballgame. But you LC fans have got to get a grip on reality and let this kid be a kid. Standing there tonight listening to some of the comments being thrown at him on the mound you would think he was God walking the water. He's going to have losses, he's going to give up home runs, he's going to lose games. Don't build him up to where he cannot live up to the fans' expectations.

Tonight belonged to the Paintsville Tigers!!! :Clap::Clap: Way to go Tigers!!
Armchair QB Wrote:Looks like an interesting race in the 57th. How did Lawerence County score?

bases were loaded and Rice walked in the run
Lefty Wrote:bases were loaded and Rice walked in the run
Thanks
Armchair QB Wrote:Looks like an interesting race in the 57th. How did Lawerence County score?

Bases loaded and 1 run was walked in by Seth Rice, then Lyons came in and with 1 out bases loaded and got the job done.
Lefty Wrote:Thursday night, April 16th, 2009 Lyons was better than Shepard. Tomorrow night is a whole new ballgame. But you LC fans have got to get a grip on reality and let this kid be a kid. Standing there tonight listening to some of the comments being thrown at him on the mound you would think he was God walking the water. He's going to have losses, he's going to give up home runs, he's going to lose games. Don't build him up to where he cannot live up to the fans' expectations.

What comments were being thrown at him.. Other then the idiot that was behind there dug out up on the hill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Congratulations to the Tigers and to Austin fon a great relief performance.

Word at the game was that Shephard topped out at 85 in the first inning and primarily pitched in the high 70's to low 80's for the better part of the game. What happened to the 94's he consistantly hurls Batpuff ?

I wonder what excuses SolidOxygen, theOnly1, Batpuff, KINGJAMES#1, Triple Crown, and House of Pain can come up with now? I did see about an 18inch mud puddle in right field. I guess it was those sloppy conditions again. This is what happens when all you do is run your mouth. Matter of fact this is Lawrence's 3rd loss just since Saturday. Welcome to reality boys.

Way to dominate everything Dawg fans!!!. Haha

I dont expect we'll hear too much from the DawgPound on this game.

Well to start with I am sure he didnt throw fast balls all night either and who had the gun on him tonight because I never seen it and if they did so what.... And the better team won tonight we couldnt get runs in when they were there for the taking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lefty Wrote:Thursday night, April 16th, 2009 Lyons was better than Shepard. Tomorrow night is a whole new ballgame. But you LC fans have got to get a grip on reality and let this kid be a kid. Standing there tonight listening to some of the comments being thrown at him on the mound you would think he was God walking the water. He's going to have losses, he's going to give up home runs, he's going to lose games. Don't build him up to where he cannot live up to the fans' expectations.

First off, congrats to Paintsville on the win. It was a very hyped up game and held true to that. Lyons is all he is said to be.

But Lefty is right, let the kid be a kid. The pressure put on Shepherd is incredible. He's just a sophomore! But the only comments I heard were from the guy up on the hill-nothing making Shepherd out to be a "God walking on water" but mean, cruel, really low life things that no adult should EVER say to or about a kid.

But the best news for that loud guy is that NO, his record wasn't broken-his streak was. That record IS HIS and he worked hard for it and he has every reason in the world to be proud of it.

But yes, the fact is, he is just a kid and he is going to suffer losses and give up runs, just like everybody else.
Kimball, I just can't decide if you are a Shepherd friend? or foe?

If anybody says something good about him, you always seem to have something negative to say. The if someone says something bad, you then will say something positive?

Whats the truth here?
Dawg@heart Wrote:First off, congrats to Paintsville on the win. It was a very hyped up game and held true to that. Lyons is all he is said to be.

But Lefty is right, let the kid be a kid. The pressure put on Shepherd is incredible. He's just a sophomore! But the only comments I heard were from the guy up on the hill-nothing making Shepherd out to be a "God walking on water" but mean, cruel, really low life things that no adult should EVER say to or about a kid.

But the best news for that loud guy is that NO, his record wasn't broken-his streak was. That record IS HIS and he worked hard for it and he has every reason in the world to be proud of it.

But yes, the fact is, he is just a kid and he is going to suffer losses and give up runs, just like everybody else.

So true and I dont see anyone breaking it in this area for awhile... And if they do I hope I am there to see it....

Still proud of Chan and the rest of the dawgs!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dawg@heart Wrote:Kimball, I just can't decide if you are a Shepherd friend? or foe?

If anybody says something good about him, you always seem to have something negative to say. The if someone says something bad, you then will say something positive?

Whats the truth here?

Thats true...this kid wishes he had the talent that chan has...i would love to see this person..hahah