Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 9 - Pike Co. Central 3
Top of the 7th. PC has 3-0 lead, then runs out of pitching.

Great, great District rivalry game
Yep, it was a great game... AND ... I got a pic of you waitin to bat.... I'll send it when I get them downloaded....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats Belfry
phs1986 Wrote:Yep, it was a great game... AND ... I got a pic of you waitin to bat.... I'll send it when I get them downloaded....

:thanks:

btw, Your child was safe on that steal
If...Then Wrote::thanks:

btw, Your child was safe on that steal

LMAO... I know... I have a close up of it... (don't ya love camera's with outstanding zoom features!!)....

OH.. so was the runner called out at home and the interference call that wasn't called... HAHAHAHA.... Got pic's of all of it!!

PC had this game wrapped up easily, they were putting it all over BHS. Anything is possible in the last inning. Prime example
mullinstiger55 Wrote:PC had this game wrapped up easily, they were putting it all over BHS. Anything is possible in the last inning. Prime example

LOL... Have to say a 3-0 game going into the 7th inning was a good game to start with.... This one was one of those that kept ya on your feet and at the edge of your seat... Belfry had runners in scoring position several different times with no avail. Some of the calls on BOTH sides were questionable to say the least but all in all, not a bad game!!

The JV game afterwards was a quick one... Belfry won this one I do think 7-3.....

Congrats Belfry!
Congrats Belfry
Was it 9-3 or 8-3?
It was a pretty good game though. Belfry gave up a couple of runs early but settled down and played well. Belfry left the bases loaded one inning and left runners on second and third in two more innings. Pike Central, with Belfry's helped kept getting out of jams. But it finally caught up with them in the seventh. This is always a good game.
BTW this is no shot at Pike Central or anything, because its not the kids fault. But the field at the high school was perfect for baseball games and the field at Johns Creek is just not high school quality shape. It took me back to the old games at Hardy Park, although Johns Creek is still nicer than Hardy was lol.
Congrats Belfry.
PC played to hard in this game to have the Coach give it away. He gave up on our best pitcher's way to soon knowing we did not have any pitching left to come in behind them. Ryan would have recovered from the two walks in the top of the 7th and kept PC in this game. Got to give Belfry credit, they out Coach PC every time they play.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Was it 9-3 or 8-3?
It was a pretty good game though. Belfry gave up a couple of runs early but settled down and played well. Belfry left the bases loaded one inning and left runners on second and third in two more innings. Pike Central, with Belfry's helped kept getting out of jams. But it finally caught up with them in the seventh. This is always a good game.
BTW this is no shot at Pike Central or anything, because its not the kids fault. But the field at the high school was perfect for baseball games and the field at Johns Creek is just not high school quality shape. It took me back to the old games at Hardy Park, although Johns Creek is still nicer than Hardy was lol.

The field isnt too bad but the dugouts are way to small, thats really the only problem besides the dirt infield and the swamp in deep center
hawk2 Wrote:PC played to hard in this game to have the Coach give it away. He gave up on our best pitcher's way to soon knowing we did not have any pitching left to come in behind them. Ryan would have recovered from the two walks in the top of the 7th and kept PC in this game. Got to give Belfry credit, they out Coach PC every time they play.
Grant it Belfry did get several runners on the inning before he came out. But my question was did he not come out on his own? Because Buck walked out and started taking warm up pitches and then walked over close to the dugout and that is when the coach made the change. If he didn't come out on his own and his arm was fine and he had pitches then I will agree with you that it was a bad decision because he's a nice pitcher.
hawk2 Wrote:PC played to hard in this game to have the Coach give it away. He gave up on our best pitcher's way to soon knowing we did not have any pitching left to come in behind them. Ryan would have recovered from the two walks in the top of the 7th and kept PC in this game. Got to give Belfry credit, they out Coach PC every time they play.

From what I heard the pitchers pulled themselves and complained of arm troubles. A coach has no choice but pull a kid or kids who say their arms are hurting. The problem is that a pitcher should be able to pitch more than three innings this time of year if he is maintaining his arm properly.
Commanche Wrote:From what I heard the pitchers pulled themselves and complained of arm troubles. A coach has no choice but pull a kid or kids who say their arms are hurting. The problem is that a pitcher should be able to pitch more than three innings this time of year if he is maintaining his arm properly.

Does the coach have them ice their shoulder/arm after pitching? Do they do proper stretching before they pitch? Kids at this age should know to do this stuff on their own but a lot of them are kinda lazy unless a coach or mom/dad make them. I'm not just speaking of Pike Central or Belfry, I'm speaking of any kid on any team who pitches.... :Thumbs:

This is how it happened....this game is not at all the coaches fault on pike centrals side....when buck came out of the game he brought his self out because he said his arm was hurting..the coach had nothing to do with it....pc just needs to stop playin like they are scared...why would you bring yourself out of a huge district game if u was still throwing strikes? Im sure if PC could go back to the game the players would have done alot of things different....the point is, it is not at all the coaches fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raspberryjuice23 Wrote:This is how it happened....this game is not at all the coaches fault on pike centrals side....when buck came out of the game he brought his self out because he said his arm was hurting..the coach had nothing to do with it....pc just needs to stop playin like they are scared...why would you bring yourself out of a huge district game if u was still throwing strikes? Im sure if PC could go back to the game the players would have done alot of things different....the point is, it is not at all the coaches fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitchers should be on a program that has developed their arms AND legs to sustain many pitches to this point and not be sore at this time of year. Coaches are responsible for building arm capacity starting in February and while its not uncommon to have a sore arm it is uncommon to have a staff of sore arms. With the very warm weather like we have had the past week , if you can't get loose and throw solid now you may be in trouble.... Pitching starts in February
Saying I've always been told: Players win the game, Coaches lose it.

The score surprises me, but congrats Belfry. Great district win!