Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos the best Pitcher to come from your school
Matt Coleman was an awesome pitcher for P-ville
It Has To Be Tucker Howard Or Walt Crace FROM PAINTSVILLE. There Is No One Even Close To Them
HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT ITS CLOSE WILLIE MADE IT TO THE BIG TIME AND THE CASTLE KID HASNT. WILLIE IS BY FAR

ChillyWilly Wrote:Hard to argue with two guys who get drafted and especially one that makes it to the big time. I would have thought that one of you JC fans would have mentioned Adam Blanton. He did take Johnson Central to the final 4. How is he doing now? I know that he was hurt most of last year. He may be playing in the bigs himself one of these days. Too bad he had to miss most of his senior year. He was a great pitcher.
Old School Wrote:Willie Blair played for Johnson Central and went on to play at Morehead and spent about 10 years in the Majors

Dont forget, he was also inducteed into the Johnson Central Hall of Fame, 1st round.
Randy Daniels from Paintsville.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:It Has To Be Tucker Howard Or Walt Crace FROM PAINTSVILLE. There Is No One Even Close To Them
I'll diasagree with that statement without hesitation.

1.RANDY DANIELS

2. Anyone else whoever played at Paintsville which I would include some as being Walt Meek, Johnnie LeMaster(thats right), Bob Lyons, Tucker Howard,Walt Crace, Micky VanHoose, Jeremy Slone, Chas Harmon to name a few.

There have been a bunch of great ones, but Randy stands head and shoulders above all of them.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT ITS CLOSE WILLIE MADE IT TO THE BIG TIME AND THE CASTLE KID HASNT. WILLIE IS BY FAR

Hard to completely call this one right now beause you still have a few guys that are still out there continuing their careers. Heath may end up passing Willie before it's over with. Who knows. Adam Blanton is still playing college ball and Matt Fyffe still isn't through at Johnson Central.

Willie had the no doubt the best career after high school of anybody that ever played at Johnson Central and Heath Castle no doubt has had the second most successful career. Mike Hall and Mike LeMasters were both great pitchers at Johnson Central with their 84 and 85 regional titles. Shawn Hall and Alex Ward both had outstanding high school careers being the major reasons why Johnson Central won back to back regional titles in 95 and 96, and had good college careers. Brad White was an excellent pitcher a few years ago. But when it comes what was actually acheived at the high school level while still in high school at Johnson Central, Adam Blanton has blown them all away with what he acheived while at Johnson Central. He absolutely dominated his way with Johnson Central's final 4 run a couple of years ago against 3 straight state ranked teams. I dont know if anybody in 15th region history ever had a more dominating run than his in 2004. Now the next in line in the lineage is Matt Fyffe and he has a chance to match what Blanton accomplished.

Accomplishments after playing at Johnson Central it has to be hands down Willie Blair , with some of the other guys mentioned following Willie. However while playing at Johnson Central up to this point it has to be Adam Blanton as he has had the most successful high school career.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:It Has To Be Tucker Howard Or Walt Crace FROM PAINTSVILLE. There Is No One Even Close To Them

Yes, these guys were good, but PHS has many others. What about Randy Daniels? I've heard from many people that he is one of the best to come from Paintsville.
From Pikeville, there have been several good ones, going all the way back to Jess Baird in the early nineties, Josh Shofner, and Chad AND Nick Roberts who were both amazing..... its a tough call, really!
did nick lynch play for pville? can't remember?
Aaron Chapman of Belfry. If that kid wouldn't have hurt his arm this year, he would more than likely be long gone to the minor leagues right now.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:did nick lynch play for pville? can't remember?

He was on the team...don't think he played very much.
Don't know if he played, but his brother Josh played a bit.
PHS95 Wrote:Don't know if he played, but his brother Josh played a bit.

Josh play in the mid 90s and was a good right fielder...had a very good arm but lacked control...he was a much better baseball player than his brother.
I know, he was playing while I was finishing school..... Pikeville has had many solid players go through their system.... love watching them play baseball.... Go panthers!
huffman was pretty dominant the past few years but nowhere near the top ever
Lawrence County--
^ Steven Blevins...
matt coleman
josh shofner
chad roberts
I'd have to say Ryan Branscum for SW
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:did nick lynch play for pville? can't remember?
played for pikeville but didnt see a lot of action. contributed his senior year a bit
Tony Wilder form Jenkins in the late 70's ........he threw hard and was asked to the REDS try-outs but didnt go
who are some of the good pitchers to come through some 14th region schools?
Randy Daniels is the best to come through Paintsville in the last 35 years.
Threw about 85 t0 87 mph. Won more games than anyone that has ever pitched at Paintsville. No one will come close in wins. When Randy pitched, you could pitch every day and your innings weren't limited.
There has been a number of good pitchers at P-ville, but based on the #'s Randy put up I'm going with him.
I heard that Lawrence Co has a 14 year old that was throwing 80-83MPH last year as a 13 year old?
Dawg@heart Wrote:I heard that Lawrence Co has a 14 year old that was throwing 80-83MPH last year as a 13 year old?
Shepherd threw well for a 7th grader, but nowhere near what you just stated.
I was only told that he was clocked by the Huntington Hounds at 82MPH-don't know anything for fact other than the person that told me was supposedly standing beside the coach that was clocking him?
Brandon Webb From Ashland N.L Cy Young winner
That is fabulous news!!! :Cheerlead